Hate!!! - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-15-2007, 12:33 PM   #91
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Justin24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Mateo
Posts: 6,716
Local Time: 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


That's not an instinct. It's a misuse of the word. It's just a feeling, based on years of news and superhero movies.
OMG

We live in reality not in some comic book. You believe in God correct, so why don't you believe in instinct? We are animals, but evolved.

And as I have said before. Hate is in all of us. It lies dormant until someone triggers it.
__________________

__________________
Justin24 is offline  
Old 02-15-2007, 12:35 PM   #92
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,979
Local Time: 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
Hate is in all of us. It lies dormant until someone triggers it.
So gay people just triggered Tim Hardaway's hate?
__________________

__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 02-15-2007, 12:38 PM   #93
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Justin24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Mateo
Posts: 6,716
Local Time: 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen


So gay people just triggered Tim Hardaway's hate?
No, I am sure when he was a child he could care less about gay people and just thought hey they like everyone else. Then someone, family, friends instilled and woke up the hate in which brings us to him hating gay people?
__________________
Justin24 is offline  
Old 02-15-2007, 12:39 PM   #94
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,667
Local Time: 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24


OMG

We live in reality not in some comic book. You believe in God correct, so why don't you believe in instinct? We are animals, but evolved.
Yes my movie comment was somewhat tongue in cheek given the cliche that bad things always happen in dark alleys.

What does God have to do with instinct?

Name one pattern of behavior that is true throughout all of humanity that in given to us at birth, that is not a reflex. For that would be the true defintion of an instinct.

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

And as I have said before. Hate is in all of us. It lies dormant until someone triggers it.
It's not in me. Please prove to me otherwise.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 02-15-2007, 12:39 PM   #95
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,692
Local Time: 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
You believe in God correct, so why don't you believe in instinct? We are animals, but evolved.
Uh oh, you used the G-word and the E-word in the same sentence, I don't think you're allowed to do that...
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 02-15-2007, 12:44 PM   #96
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,667
Local Time: 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24


Then someone, family, friends instilled and woke up the hate in which brings us to him hating gay people?
How do you instill and wake up? You are contradicting yourself. Instill means to infuse slowly into the mind, therefore it has to be taught.

The truth is, this is just a theory you came up with, one that takes away all personal responsibilty, and it has no backing.

Why don't you show me something that backs this theory of yours up. Until then quit stating it, like it's fact, please.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 02-15-2007, 12:47 PM   #97
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Justin24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Mateo
Posts: 6,716
Local Time: 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


Yes my movie comment was somewhat tongue in cheek given the cliche that bad things always happen in dark alleys.

What does God have to do with instinct?

Name one pattern of behavior that is true throughout all of humanity that in given to us at birth, that is not a reflex. For that would be the true defintion of an instinct.



It's not in me. Please prove to me otherwise.
If God is the creator of all and made us into his image then god must have instinct. He must have given us and all animals some sort of warning system.

Are you telling me in your childhood you never said, I hate this day, or I hate you or I hate going to school?? How do I know your not self denying you dont have that in you?
__________________
Justin24 is offline  
Old 02-15-2007, 12:48 PM   #98
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Justin24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Mateo
Posts: 6,716
Local Time: 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


How do you instill and wake up? You are contradicting yourself. Instill means to infuse slowly into the mind, therefore it has to be taught.

The truth is, this is just a theory you came up with, one that takes away all personal responsibilty, and it has no backing.

Why don't you show me something that backs this theory of yours up. Until then quit stating it, like it's fact, please.
Then quit stating that it's fact that we don't have instinct, when it's still up for debate as you said.
__________________
Justin24 is offline  
Old 02-15-2007, 12:49 PM   #99
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 8,952
Local Time: 12:24 AM
Justin, did you ever take sociology in college?
__________________
MrPryck2U is offline  
Old 02-15-2007, 12:50 PM   #100
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,979
Local Time: 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24


No, I am sure when he was a child he could care less about gay people and just thought hey they like everyone else. Then someone, family, friends instilled and woke up the hate in which brings us to him hating gay people?
Nobody made Tim Hardaway hate or instilled anything in him. He is a grown man and needs to take responsibility for his CHOICE to hate. He possesses free will and the ability to be self aware-and he has the power of personal responsibility. What did gay people ever do to him to warrant such hate, to bring back some of your earlier references in this thread. What would be your guesses as to why he hates gay people-it would always be a guess of course because only he knows for sure.
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 02-15-2007, 12:51 PM   #101
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Justin24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Mateo
Posts: 6,716
Local Time: 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrPryck2U
Justin, did you ever take sociology in college?
No why?
__________________
Justin24 is offline  
Old 02-15-2007, 12:52 PM   #102
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Justin24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Mateo
Posts: 6,716
Local Time: 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen


Nobody made Tim Hardaway hate or instilled anything in him. He is a grown man and needs to take responsibility for his CHOICE to hate. He possesses free will and the ability to be self aware-and he has the power of personal responsibility. What did gay people ever do to him to warrant such hate, to bring back some of your earlier references in this thread. What would be your guesses as to why he hates gay people-it would always be a guess of course because only he knows for sure.
whoooooooooooa hold on there. A few messages ago others said that hate is taught, which also means it's instilled in them by the teacher, soooooooooo explain this to me please.
__________________
Justin24 is offline  
Old 02-15-2007, 12:53 PM   #103
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,667
Local Time: 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24


If God is the creator of all and made us into his image then god must have instinct. He must have given us and all animals some sort of warning system.
A "warning system" isn't an instinct. Do a quick google search on "do humans have instincts" and you'll find papers on both sides. None of which define instinct the way you do.

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

Are you telling me in your childhood you never said, I hate this day, or I hate you or I hate going to school?? How do I know your not self denying you dont have that in you?
You can't honestly think a child stating he hates homework is the same thing we're talking about here, if so this threads a waste of time. If this is how we're defining hate then this thread doesn't belong in FYM, we can put it in Lemonade Stand and list all the things we "hate" like skunk smell, homework and papercuts.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 02-15-2007, 12:54 PM   #104
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
CTU2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,366
Local Time: 01:24 AM
Quote:
[i]The irony is that the straight players are probably checking each other out much more-if that's what he's worried about. I think he flatters himself way too much, among other things. [/B]
That's the thing I never got about the homophobes. Just because a guy is gay doesn't mean he's checking out every man's ass that passes by. Why is every gay man assumed to be a raving sex-crazed hairy-palmed pervert?

I also think it was pretty chickenshit of him to apologize...what's more arrogant, thinking that gay men across the country are losing sleep because the great Tim Hardaway hates gays, or that they'll feel all warm & fuzzy because he apologized (and not for his thoughts, but for articulating them). Tool.

Sorry for the hijack, but that's just stupid.

Seriously, does anyone have any knowledge as to whether people in all cultures experience hate, or even have a word for hate? I'm really curious, and I can't figure the right word combination to google
__________________
CTU2fan is offline  
Old 02-15-2007, 12:55 PM   #105
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,979
Local Time: 12:24 AM
Well of course hate can be taught Justin-but it is always the "student's" choice to accept or reject it.

I had a bigoted grandfather who would try to teach me to hate certain people, but even as a kid I made the conscious choice to reject that.
__________________

__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com