GOP Nominee 2012 - who will it be? - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2011, 09:08 PM   #211
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Here's a site just for you!

Republicans Hate Women

That appears to be a work in progress. But here's a collection of reasons why some people might come to this conclusion. Complete with sources listed!

A Gentleman’s view. - GOP: We Hate Women!

Reading is fun. CLAP CLAP CLAP

Thank you for the links.

I did go and read them.

I'm just wondering why I am always accused of posting biased links.

Reading is fun

Old 03-12-2011, 09:10 PM   #212
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:58 PM
I'm not claiming they're not the greatest links or the most unbiased.

Just showing that there are indeed actual reasons why people might think that the Republican party hates women.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:39 PM   #213
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
I'm just wondering why I am always accused of posting biased links.
Because you have frequently posted "research" sponsored by lobbyist groups that pay for research supporting their position.

Have you ever seen the film Thank You for Smoking?
Old 03-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #214
Blue Crack Addict

It's even worse to say it was in NH It's a short drive to Lexington and Concord from Nashua, she should have made it. Beautiful places, great to walk around and see all the history. And of course there's always Google.

By Holly Ramer
Associated Press / March 13, 2011

NASHUA, N.H.—U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota stood before New Hampshire Republicans with a tea bag clutched in her hand Saturday, but her grasp on Revolutionary War geography wasn't quite as tight.

Before headlining a GOP fundraiser, the possible presidential hopeful told a group of students and conservative activists in Manchester, "You're the state where the shot was heard around the world in Lexington and Concord."

But those first shots of the Revolutionary War were fired in Massachusetts, not New Hampshire.

"So I misplaced the battles Concord and Lexington by saying they were in New Hampshire," Bachmann posted on her Facebook page later. "It was my mistake, Massachusetts is where they happened. New Hampshire is where they are still proud of it. "

Though Bachmann probably wasn't the first to confuse Concord, N.H., with Concord, Mass., her mistake was striking given her roots in the tea party movement, which takes its name from the dumping of tea into Boston Harbor by angry American colonists in December 1773, 16 months before the Battle of Lexington Green.

Some 30 miles to the north and with tea bag in hand, Bachmann was greeted with applause when she asked the crowd, "How about a United States president that gets what the American people want in 2012?" and later proclaimed, "Are you in for 2012? I'm in!"

She later clarified that she is committed to denying President Barack Obama a second term, not necessarily running herself. That decision will come by early summer, she said, adding that she was no closer to making it Saturday than she was before her first political trip to New Hampshire.

For the state that holds the earliest presidential primary, it was another day, another Minnesota politician with possible White House aspirations. Bachmann's trip overlapped one day with former Gov. Tim Pawlenty's latest visit, offering voters a glimpse of their contrasting styles.

Pawlenty, a former two-term governor, has taken a more traditional path to exploring a White House bid: traveling to key states, spreading money to potential allies through his political action committee and publishing a memoir as he left office. On Friday, he brushed off reporters' attempts to get him to criticize fellow Republican Mitt Romney on health care, and in remarks at a New Hampshire hospital, offered subdued criticism of Obama's national health care law saying "I know the country just had a huge debate about all of this, and my side lost, at least for now. But I hope we can have a continued discussion."

To be sure, Pawlenty faced a roomful of skeptical physicians in one of the most liberal corners of the state, while Bachmann spoke before an enthusiastic, conservative crowd that included tea party groups from New Hampshire and Massachusetts. She called Obama's health care overhaul the "ultimate example of arrogance."

"The real problem is the arrogant elites in Washington, D.C., who think they know how to run your lives far better than you," she said. "You can't be trusted to run your lives, they have to run your lives for you."

She said the bill included $105 billion in spending that Obama and Democrat leaders intentionally hid.

"Did he just forget to mention that, oh, by the way, we've got $105 billion in this bill that we're going to implement socialized medicine? No, this was intentional.

"It needed to be implemented immediately to get its tentacles all through your lives and our government and our institutions so that no matter who was elected in the future, your franchise, your vote would be neutralized. Because they would get their way."

Bachmann, who only recently has begun traveling to early nominating states, rose through the Minnesota ranks on social issues and is a favorite of the tea party in Congress, where she is in her third term. A formidable fundraiser, she's also built a national following through her blunt commentary on cable news shows.

Her speech was briefly interrupted by protesters who had been allowed in the room after portraying themselves as civic-minded college students who wanted to hear Bachmann. Less than half an hour after they were publicly welcomed by the event organizers, they marched across the conference room, holding signs and chanting "Michele Bachmann we insist, end the AIDS treatment waiting list."

The protest was an apparent reference to the state- and federally-funded AIDS Drug Assistance Program. Many cash-strapped states have taken steps to cap enrollment, drop patients or institute waiting lists. Bachmann thanked them for the "love," as they were quickly ushered out.

"We're seeing this kind of response because the left knows we're coming and we're serious about 2012," she said.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:33 PM   #215
Blue Crack Addict

Former McCain Campaign Chief: Sarah Palin Made 'Short List' Because Of Gender
Old 03-13-2011, 11:55 PM   #216
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 10:58 PM
No!
Old 03-13-2011, 11:56 PM   #217
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:58 PM
America says, 'duh.'
Old 03-14-2011, 09:24 AM   #218
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Old 03-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #219
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Please post some facts to back your statement.

the Republican Party doesn't believe a woman should have the right to choose whether or not to have an abortion, and they support abstinence-based sex education that results in teenage females getting pregnant sooner and not having the knowledge to protect themselves from STDs. further, since you were the one that pointed out that 75% of children born out of wedlock were poor, you'd think that universal health care would be the best thing for these women as it would enable them to take care of themselves and their children, and perhaps prevent them from any more unwanted pregnancies. Republicans don't like this.

no matter which way you look at it, Republicans support policies that hurt women.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:35 PM   #220
Rock n' Roll Doggie

The hats are bring thrown into the ring.

Donald Trump for President in 2012? Billionaire says he's ready to spend $600 million on campaign
Old 03-17-2011, 08:28 PM   #221
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:58 AM
Quote:
The Republican primaries are going to be a three-ring-circus. I'm really looking forward to it from an entertainment standpoint.

Still waiting for the other shoe to drop and an interesting independent candidate to come along.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:29 PM   #222
Blue Crack Addict

I expect that the more intelligent and reasonable Republican candidates (such as they may be) will sit out in 2012.

Which really does mean that the primaries are going to be A-MAZING.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:31 PM   #223
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I expect that the more intelligent and reasonable Republican candidates (such as they may be) will sit out in 2012.

Which really does mean that the primaries are going to be A-MAZING.
Michelle is revving up the dumb machine as I type this, I expect.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:36 PM   #224
has a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1131 View Post
Michelle is revving up the dumb machine as I type this, I expect.
Her dumb machine idles at 6,000 RPM. God knows where it redlines.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:37 PM   #225
Blue Crack Addict

I thought that she was the "thinking man's Sarah Palin"?