God's Gonna Cut You Down. I highly recommend you watch this.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's stupid men who put ordinary men in clips like this. The song playing over the top, as with many things like this, adds more than we realise. And yet, the reality still remains. Because of stupid men. We must be careful what we vote for.

I just love the way he edited it. I don't know it feels like a modern Saving Private Ryan style shooting.

Also with those lyrics is this person imposing that there God's that are going to cut down anyone in there way?

Justin24 said:
I just love the way he edited it. I don't know it feels like a modern Saving Private Ryan style shooting.

Also with those lyrics is this person imposing that there God's that are going to cut down anyone in there way?

I dont mean to imply anything here, Justin, but you like the romanticised cinematic element to war? you do remember these ordinary blokes are sent there to kill, to fight, right? a good soundtrack should not deflect what it really is.

Angela Harlem said:

I dont mean to imply anything here, Justin, but you like the romanticised cinematic element to war? you do remember these ordinary blokes are sent there to kill, to fight, right? a good soundtrack should not deflect what it really is.

Don't tell me anti-war organizations put dramatic music for their cause.

So, according to this "film", God's going to cut you down if you fuck with the US, right? Was that the point of this thread, Justin?

I wouldn't really describe that film as essential viewing. I also think Gods Gonna Cut You Down is a pretty poor choice of song as regards the situation in the film. As MrPryck2U says above, it does seem to imply that you shouldn't fuck with the USA or else.

I didn't like the video. I see what he's trying to do, but to hear "God's going to cut you down," over a shot of a soldier without his lower leg just seemed wrong.

coemgen said:
but to hear "God's going to cut you down," over a shot of a soldier without his lower leg just seemed wrong.

Absolutely. God has nothing to do with the war in Iraq, and I'm quite sure He is absolutely sickened by what is happening there. Poor song choice there.

Here's some dramatic video about just one death in Iraq-and it doesn't need a Johnny Cash song or any kind of editing. It speaks for itself, unfortunately

http://wbztv.com/local/local_story_050090139.html

Last edited:
Wow. That was sad. She seemed like a really cool woman. Thanks for sharing that.

You're right about the song choice, too, MrsSpringsteen. I don't think God looks at it that way and I doubt Johnny Cash would be pleased with the song being played in that manner, too.

Back
Top Bottom