Fraternity Sues To Keep Out Gays - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-10-2005, 08:58 AM   #61
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
ZeroDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Belfast
Posts: 4,953
Local Time: 11:08 AM
^
I don't know whether to laugh or cry here
__________________

__________________
ZeroDude is offline  
Old 03-10-2005, 09:00 AM   #62
ONE
love, blood, life
 
melon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 11,781
Local Time: 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by jick
U2 have always taken the hard line when it comes to gays, so what's wrong with fraternities suing to keep out gays? U2 have managed to keep gays out of the band for the last 25 years and they are all still the same 4 straight men.

Cheers,

J
Go back to trolling EYKIW. It suits you better.

Melon
__________________

__________________
melon is offline  
Old 03-10-2005, 09:07 AM   #63
BAW
The Flower
 
BAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: The OC....!!!!
Posts: 11,094
Local Time: 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by jick
U2 have always taken the hard line when it comes to gays, so what's wrong with fraternities suing to keep out gays? U2 have managed to keep gays out of the band for the last 25 years and they are all still the same 4 straight men.

Cheers,

J


I don't think anyone here is going to take your bait so please, just go away and do your trolling somewhere else.
__________________
BAW is offline  
Old 03-10-2005, 09:14 AM   #64
genius of compression
Forum Moderator
 
neutral's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: forty miles from atlanta, this is nowhere
Posts: 13,030
Local Time: 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by jick
U2 have always taken the hard line when it comes to gays, so what's wrong with fraternities suing to keep out gays? U2 have managed to keep gays out of the band for the last 25 years and they are all still the same 4 straight men.

Cheers,

J

This can end here. Bringing the band's sexuality into this or any other topic is not allowed.

Quote:
Posting about the bands' private life, questioning their marriages or sexuality is not allowed.
__________________

neutral @ interference.com
neutral is offline  
Old 03-10-2005, 09:25 AM   #65
Refugee
 
jick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Philippines
Posts: 2,054
Local Time: 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by neutral



This can end here. Bringing the band's sexuality into this or any other topic is not allowed.

End here it does. Thanks for setting me straight. I missed that rule. I would have had data to back my assertions but that is another story for another time. Thanks a lot again for setting me straight neutral.

But while I may not question or discuss the band's sexuality, it is acceptable to discuss perhaps in a new thread the band's overt/external actions that indicate their stance towards sexuality? I won't be discussing their sexual preference but their stance on sexuality which is just like any other issue as abortion, contraception, etc etc. Let me know. Thanks.

Cheers,

J
__________________
jick is offline  
Old 03-10-2005, 09:26 AM   #66
Blue Crack Addict
 
starsgoblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Looking for direction to perfection
Posts: 17,828
Local Time: 05:08 AM
Anyways... let's get back on topic....
__________________
starsgoblue is offline  
Old 03-10-2005, 09:47 AM   #67
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by jick
But while I may not question or discuss the band's sexuality, it is acceptable to discuss perhaps in a new thread the band's overt/external actions that indicate their stance towards sexuality? I won't be discussing their sexual preference but their stance on sexuality which is just like any other issue as abortion, contraception, etc etc. Let me know. Thanks.
To what end?

If you choose this path, please make sure you have readily identifiable sources with direct quotes. There is no benefit from developing or inferring a "stance" based on "overt/external actions".

I would suggest reading some of the threads in FYM to get a flavor for the tone and respect used in the discussions.
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 03-10-2005, 09:50 AM   #68
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,492
Local Time: 05:08 AM
U2 doesn't receive federal funding.

i don't think.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 03-10-2005, 11:23 AM   #69
Refugee
 
jick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Philippines
Posts: 2,054
Local Time: 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader


To what end?

If you choose this path, please make sure you have readily identifiable sources with direct quotes. There is no benefit from developing or inferring a "stance" based on "overt/external actions".

I would suggest reading some of the threads in FYM to get a flavor for the tone and respect used in the discussions.
Thanks for the advice. I will research on the FYM threads since I am just a newbie to this "undiscovered" area of Interference for me. I appreciate it.

Cheers,

J
__________________
jick is offline  
Old 03-10-2005, 01:02 PM   #70
ONE
love, blood, life
 
melon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 11,781
Local Time: 05:08 AM
Nevermind.
__________________
melon is offline  
Old 03-10-2005, 02:21 PM   #71
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 03:08 AM
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 03-10-2005, 06:25 PM   #72
Blue Crack Addict
 
starsgoblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Looking for direction to perfection
Posts: 17,828
Local Time: 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by jick


But while I may not question or discuss the band's sexuality, it is acceptable to discuss perhaps in a new thread the band's overt/external actions that indicate their stance towards sexuality? I won't be discussing their sexual preference but their stance on sexuality which is just like any other issue as abortion, contraception, etc etc. Let me know. Thanks.
I thought main discussion of the band went in the place you usually troll, EYKIW.
__________________

__________________
starsgoblue is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com