Feb. 9 & 10 Caucuses & Primaries - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2008, 07:06 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:04 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/maine_caucuses

Obama won Maine!

Old 02-10-2008, 07:33 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:04 PM
Fuck yeah 08ama!!!!!!

Old 02-10-2008, 07:45 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:04 AM
"I voted for Barack Abooma!"

Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) — "I voted for Barack Abooma!" bragged Davita Randall the other day. One should perhaps forgive the mispronunciation. After all, she and her brother Davin, also an "Abooma" enthusiast, are only in kindergarten.

"I've noticed a very, very strong interest on the part of supporters of Barack Obama," says school director Elizabeth Bergstein. "One kid's been campaigning for Obama for weeks." And she's really talking young: The students at her Broadway Presbyterian Church Nursery School, just south of Harlem in Manhattan, are three and four.

"I've noticed a very, very strong interest on the part of supporters of Barack Obama," says school director Elizabeth Bergstein. "One kid's been campaigning for Obama for weeks." And she's really talking young: The students at her Broadway Presbyterian Church Nursery School, just south of Harlem in Manhattan, are three and four.

Kids at her school, she says, "are very engaged in it. Some wear stickers or pins. Or they'll shout, 'Obama!'"

The preschoolers even held a straw poll on Super Tuesday. No Clinton, no Obama, no John McCain or Mike Huckabee — the contest, meant to introduce kids to the idea of voting, was between SpongeBob SquarePants, Dora the Explorer and Bob the Builder. (SpongeBob won.)

In Alex Taylor's first-grade class in a nearby public school, a poll was taken for real candidates, and Obama won, Alex' mother says. Six students did vote for Clinton — all girls, she says. And if her son was disappointed in his mother's voting choice, well, at least he could identify with Dad, who voted for Obama.

But Clinton supporters can take heart from the carefully chosen words of 13-year-old Eyck Freymann, who is undecided but leaning toward Clinton, although he previously supported John Edwards.

Obama spokeswoman Jen Psaki notes wryly that it could be the ages of her candidate's daughters — 6 and 9 — that "may attract more support from the under-10 crowd than his middle-class tax plan."

For Carolyn Solomon, the foster mother of twins Davita and Davin, one of the most exciting things about this presidential race is that "it's triggering something" in youngsters. "They are so hyped up and excited about this election," says Solomon, who also runs a daycare center, where she hears kids talk about the campaign.

And though the 6-year-olds spent the drive to the polling station on Super Tuesday chanting, "Barack, Barack," Solomon, 52, says her extended household is good-naturedly split "right down the middle" between the Democratic candidates.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...ExXaAD8UMCNO85
Old 02-10-2008, 09:01 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:04 AM
A good friend of mine looks just like Barack Obama. It's uncanny.

Even his daughters saw the TIME cover of him last year and were like "Look, it's daddy!"

That's the real reason I'm supporting Obama. Cause he looks like my friend,
Old 02-10-2008, 09:19 PM   #20
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:04 AM
Your friend is leading a double life.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-11-2008, 12:44 AM   #21
The Fly

Local Time: 04:04 PM
Obama took Maine today. My sister went to help with the counting of the votes for New Mexico today and she told me that they are still verifying the voters and they haven't started to count the votes. New Mexico has until Feb 15, 2008 to get it done. I have a feeling that New Mexico is going to be Obama, which isn't many delegates. The important thing is that New Mexico's population is 48% Hispanic, so it would show that Obama can get a majority of Hispanics. That's the update of the state where manna rules.