European Union and the Antichrist Prophecy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownEyedBoy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I was having a conversation with a classmate the other day that left me thinking. I looked left and right but I couldn´t find what he was talking about.

He said that in the European Union headquarters in Spain there is a flagpole in the middle that has no flag and when asked what flag is suppossed to go there the main reply is "That represents the man we´re waiting for."

Is this even true? And if it is are they so sceptical that they don´t see what belief is being perpetuated by these actions?

League of Nations, United Nations, EU. What'll start the next apocalyptic countdown?

hehehe.. this was pretty amusing. surely EU must be waiting for the antichrist as well, they even have a special landing pad at the top of their HQ in brussels and a corner office reserved for him. surely that must be it.

If there shall rise an "Anti-Christ" it will be in the United States. It will be under a "Christian" theocracy. Geez, sounds a little like George W. Bush and the Christian Right doesn't it. All kidding aside if things get much worse (such as a nuclear "terrorsist" attack upon a U.S. city) and martial law is declared the so called "Anti-Christ" may just be around the corner. Given what the Pope said about Islam and George W. Bush's belief on the subject we may be closer than we think to an all out War of Civilizations. Scary times indeed.

Last edited:
While I'm no fan of the EU, I could think of many political groups that deserve the Anti-Christ label much more than they do.

Macfistowannabe said:
While I'm no fan of the EU, I could think of many political groups that deserve the Anti-Christ label much more than they do.

come on, Anti-christ label is just a preposterous, ridiculous thing.. on calling the bureucrats in Brussels Anti-christ? a stretch. the bush administration.. well, less so.

The anti-christ is supposed to fool a lot of people, present himself as a Christian, yes? Not some Hitler/Saddam-esque obvious bad guy. Is that correct?

The-Lord-of-The-Rings-The-Fellowship-of-the-Ring%20195959,1.jpg

Earnie Shavers said:
The anti-christ is supposed to fool a lot of people, present himself as a Christian, yes? Not some Hitler/Saddam-esque obvious bad guy. Is that correct?

Probably less "Biblical" and more "Left Behind"!

all_i_want said:

come on, Anti-christ label is just a preposterous, ridiculous thing.. on calling the bureucrats in Brussels Anti-christ? a stretch. the bush administration.. well, less so.
Should we take the term out of our political dialogue and assume nobody is good or evil?

Macfistowannabe said:
Should we take the term out of our political dialogue and

I'm going to separate your sentence to show you how absurd it really is:

Macfistowannabe said:

assume nobody is good or evil?

You do know what the term 'anti-Christ' means don't you? Why does it belong in political dialogue?

Back
Top Bottom