Dykes! Taking! Over!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoVoxSupastar said:

O'Reilly should be fired and ashamed.

are you making this accusation purely regarding this video, or on personal beliefs towards him that are related in the past? if so, than i think keith olberman should be fired as well, for they both share the same insane view points, different parties, and should be replaced with tucker carlson, chris matthews, joe scarborough, anderson cooper and of course jon stewart.

struckpx said:

are you making this accusation purely regarding this video, or on personal beliefs towards him that are related in the past?

Absolutely based on his past. It's not just about this, he's ridiculous.

I've not seen much of Olberman since his SportsCenter days. I don't like political analysts. I've seen O'Reilly only through links here, actually.

struckpx said:

are you making this accusation purely regarding this video, or on personal beliefs towards him that are related in the past? if so, than i think keith olberman should be fired as well, for they both share the same insane view points, different parties, and should be replaced with tucker carlson, chris matthews, joe scarborough, anderson cooper and of course jon stewart.

For all Olbermann's melodramatic blowhardiness, the stuff he calls O'Reilly out on is absolutely spot on. The amount of offensive, bigotted, ignorant and outright false crap that has come spewing out of O'Reilly's mouth over the years is staggering.

struckpx said:

are you making this accusation purely regarding this video, or on personal beliefs towards him that are related in the past?

If any of them aired a story of such nonsense and bigotry, with false footage, and no true evidence, then fire them as well.

Well, maybe. But it'd still kinda be relevant, no? That could be one of those, "Ohhhh, heh, I thought it was 'posse'" and the gang people can be like, "Well, yeah. Either/or really. NOW GIVE ME YOUR MONEY!"

Diemen said:

For all Olbermann's melodramatic blowhardiness, the stuff he calls O'Reilly out on is absolutely spot on. The amount of offensive, bigotted, ignorant and outright false crap that has come spewing out of O'Reilly's mouth over the years is staggering.

and O'Reilly responds, which he has every right to do. I find this ironic, you seem to think that it is ok for a liberal to bash conservatives, yet it is not ok for a conservative to bash liberals. Go figure. Serves my point.

Sure,
go ahead and laugh

but, look at how much clout Ellen D has

she can host any show she wants

and she is widely respected
even though she chooses to behave against the natural order of things

and then we have Rosie
she completely owned that View show
When that conservative gal got in a beef with her
everyone was on Rosie's side
And she is allowed to adopt children with her so-called live in partner

and if any one even says anything
who is called intolerant?

And then there is Oprah
and her best? friend - Gayle?

and we can not even touch that one

she is the most powerful person there is
and she is constantly pushing her liberal agenda

are you really sure

they are not taking over?

while real Americans are not paying attention

deep said:

and then we have Rosie
she completely owned that View show
When that conservative gal got in a beef with her
everyone was on Rosie's side
And she is allowed to adopt children with her so-called live in partner

what planet are you on? hahaha.

no one took rosie's side. everyone still thinks she is crazy, w/ the latest installment of her having her daughter dress up like a nazi w/ a gun.

everyone took the hot, down to earth, elisabeth haselbeck's side.

struckpx said:

no one took rosie's side. everyone still thinks she is crazy, w/ the latest installment of her having her daughter dress up like a nazi w/ a gun.

The liberal elite

all the lefties
that sympathize

with these "alternative" life style types

deep said:

The liberal elite

all the lefties
that sympathize

with these "alternative" life style types

hmmmm. ok. well, i don't think anyone should applaud such behavior. she made a fool of herself in my opinion. but, she has been on the down turn since she left her talk show, which was nice. i don't even think you can consider her part of the democrat party. she is way too out there.

no

they are not taking over

Presidential Candidates In First Ever Gay Debate

by 365Gay.com Newscenter Staff

Posted: July 10, 2007 - 1:00 pm ET

(Los Angeles, California) For the first time the leading candidates for the presidency will hold a televised debate devoted solely to LGBT issues.

The one-hour event will be held on August 9 and broadcast on gay network LOGO at 9:00 pm ET (6:00 pm ET) and through live streaming video at LOGOonline.com.

Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and John Edwards have confirmed they will participate. Several other Democratic candidates also may join the debate.

^ :ohmy:

seriously? i can't believe that. am looking forward to the various rationalizations they'll offer as to why they don't support marriage equality.

Your reading comprehension skills are sorely lacking

struckpx said:

you seem to think that it is ok for a liberal to bash conservatives, yet it is not ok for a conservative to bash liberals.

No, I don't. I think it is fair for anyone, regardless of political bent, to call out someone else for false or misleading statements. Every time I've seen any clips of Olbermann calling out O'Reilly, it's for completely valid things, i.e. - O'Reilly said something that was either completely false, misleading or a gross overstatement. I have yet to hear O'Reilly call Olbermann out on anything that was either false, misleading or grossly overstated. If you can find an instance of that happening, please, do share.

Re: Your reading comprehension skills are sorely lacking

Diemen said:
I have yet to hear O'Reilly call Olbermann out on anything that was either false, misleading or grossly overstated. If you can find an instance of that happening, please, do share.

I don't listen to his radio broadcast, but on O'Reilly's tv show he rarely calls out his cable competition by name. That leaves extra time for a segment like the topic of this thread :wink:

Irvine511 said:
^ :ohmy:

seriously? i can't believe that. am looking forward to the various rationalizations they'll offer as to why they don't support marriage equality.

I'm sure that they'll duck the issue and focus on how the GOP is "worse," so, more or less, you have to vote for the "lesser of two evils."

Unfortunately, they'd be correct.

Re: Re: Your reading comprehension skills are sorely lacking

Bluer White said:

I don't listen to his radio broadcast, but on O'Reilly's tv show he rarely calls out his cable competition by name. That leaves extra time for a segment like the topic of this thread :wink:

He refers to them as "other cable news networks" when he does. He mentions ABC and NBC by name when I have watched him a few times.

Lila64 said:

I never knew You Tube could be a source to back up an alleged news story. :ohmy:

It's like using Wikipedia. :lol:

I don't know why, but I was watching Fox News one day and O'Reilly came on. All he does on that show is push his own agenda and manhandle his guests. It's never about the issue itself, but how HE'S flamed for his outrageous opinion.

I'll never forget him getting owned by Geraldo Rivera about some sort of ridiculous immigration claim O'Reilly made. When Geraldo Rivera is besting you in a debate, that's when you have a problem.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I'll never forget him getting owned by Geraldo Rivera about some sort of ridiculous immigration claim O'Reilly made. When Geraldo Rivera is besting you in a debate, that's when you have a problem.

The signature Bill O'Reilly moment: making Geraldo look good.

I love how he points out that they're from "lower socio-economic class" and compares it to "ethnic gangs". Because of course rich white kids never get together and act violently...or maybe O'Reilly and others of his ilk just can't bring themselves to call those kids "gangs". It's fun to talk about gangs in terms of "them", not so much fun when it's "us" I guess.

So anyway was there any truth to this story or was the whole thing BS?

Back
Top Bottom