Drugs Found In Gore's Son's Prius - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2007, 06:11 AM   #1
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:10 PM
Drugs Found In Gore's Son's Prius

Source: CNN

Quote:
LAGUNA NIGUEL, California (AP) -- Al Gore's son was arrested early Wednesday on suspicion of possessing marijuana and prescription drugs after deputies pulled him over for speeding, authorities say.
art.gore.mug.ap.jpg

Marijuana and prescription drugs were found in the car Al Gore III was driving, police said.

Al Gore III, 24, was driving a blue Toyota Prius about 100 mph on the San Diego Freeway when he was pulled over about 2:15 a.m., Sheriff's Department spokesman Jim Amormino said.

The deputies said they smelled marijuana and searched the car, Amormino said.

They found less than an ounce of marijuana along with Xanax, Valium, Vicodin and Adderall, which is used for attention deficit disorder, he said.

"He does not have a prescription for any of those drugs," Amormino said.

Gore was released from the men's central jail in Santa Ana after posting $20,000 bail. Video Watch Gore leave jail without comment »

Amormino said Gore had yet to hire an attorney.

Kalee Kreider, a spokeswomen for his parents, did not immediately return phone messages to The Associated Press on Wednesday.

The son of the former vice president and Democratic presidential nominee also was pulled over and arrested for pot possession in December 2003, in Bethesda, Maryland, while he was a student at Harvard University.
advertisement

He completed substance abuse counseling as part of a pretrial diversion program to settle those charges.

The youngest of Al and Tipper Gore's four children and their only son, Gore lives in Los Angeles and is an associate publisher of GOOD, a magazine about philanthropy aimed at young people.

As the saying goes: Like father, like son. Gore was quite the hippee back in the day. This officially ruins his chances of running, for the smallest mistakes these days screws up your campaign. Although he says he wasn't going to run, I think this put the nail to the shed. Of course, I wish the best for him and a speedy recovery.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:26 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Frankly there aren't many politicians kids these days who haven't been arrested on drug or alcohol charges. (Bush twins anyone?)

...and I'm sure Gore's "hippie" days had a lot to do with his son having these problems

I just hope this sheds light on the all too common perscription drug addicted nation we have become, and of courst that Mr. Gore III goes into rehab or whatever and gets taken care of.

Old 07-06-2007, 07:33 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Oh yeah, Giuliani's kid. He's had drug problems, does that not ruin Rudy's chances?

You have to feel kind of sorry for these politicians kids. They're brought into the spotlight and put under scrutiny and not by their choice.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:04 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

This is too bad. Yeah, I hope he gets some help. That's the important thing.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:00 AM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:10 AM
Re: Drugs Found In Gore's Son's Prius

Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx
Source: CNN
This officially ruins his chances of running, for the smallest mistakes these days screws up your campaign.
Definitely.

We all know how Bush didn't get elected in 2004 when everyone saw those pictures of his daughters trashed and walking around without underwear.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:03 AM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

At least he was driving a Prius, isn't that a hybrid?
Old 07-06-2007, 10:23 AM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Wait, seriously, a hippy for that pharmacy? Marajuana is pretty mainstream these days, buddy, and I know plenty of people who are actively anti-hippy who still indulge. The other drugs are not about peace and love but are related to meth (Adderall), popular downers (Valium), or popular to snort (Vicodin, also a downer I believe). Again, not as commonly used as marajuana (except Adderall, which flows like water on any preppy college campus) but by no means are those drugs that are used by the group of people you would stereotype as "hippies" if you found them on the street. Just because his father has liberal politics and is a wonderful environmental activist doesn't mean the kid's a hippy for having a few drugs.

As for this ruining his campaign, that is frankly just stupid, and perhaps wishful thinking on your part? In addition to all the other candidates and current presidents whose children have had drug problems, what about the candidates and presidents who themselves have done harder drugs than Gore's youngest son was caught with? (What to Bush and Obama have in common, anyone? *sniff sniff*)
Old 07-06-2007, 11:20 AM   #8
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:10 AM
Is this thread for real?
Old 07-06-2007, 11:30 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:10 AM
Anyone who would, seriously, reconsider voting for somebody because their 24 YEAR OLD son smoked pot is a complete idiot. Seriously. I mean, he's 24. Not that I think Al Gore was even planning to run (I don't) or that he'd have had a chance of winning, but come on.

And I'd never heard of Alderall, I certainly would never have figured it to be more common than Vicodin...
Old 07-06-2007, 11:57 AM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Adderall is really commonly abused among high school and college students, especially at exam time. It's an ADD drug that is a methamphetamine and drastically increases concentration and productivity. People use it to write papers and study for exams, so it doesn't quite have the same use as other perscription drugs used recreationally.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:29 PM   #11
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Is this thread for real?
Why wouldn't it be? Is there something wrong w/ discussing Al Gore and his son?

I feel it sad that the public openly criticized Dick Cheney's daughter for being a lesbian, yet we feel remorse for this guy. Ultimately, instead of Gore being on Larry King last night he should have been supporting his son.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:31 PM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

When did the public criticize Dick Cheney's daughter for being who she is?

If anything some criticized Cheney for taking positions against gay/lesbian rights, in spite of having a lesbian daughter.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:36 PM   #13
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan
Anyone who would, seriously, reconsider voting for somebody because their 24 YEAR OLD son smoked pot is a complete idiot. Seriously. I mean, he's 24. Not that I think Al Gore was even planning to run (I don't) or that he'd have had a chance of winning, but come on.

And I'd never heard of Alderall, I certainly would never have figured it to be more common than Vicodin...
So, why is Rudy Giuliani's relationship with his children brought up constantly then. Just a month ago that was a front page story. Why?
Old 07-06-2007, 02:49 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I feel it sad that the public openly criticized Dick Cheney's daughter for being a lesbian, yet we feel remorse for this guy.
Excuse me, but you're ridiculous.

The only people who have a problem with Cheney's daughter's sexual orientation are Republican bigots who vote for Cheney. Don't paint the rest of the public with that disgusting brush.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:49 PM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

So, why is Rudy Giuliani's relationship with his children brought up constantly then. Just a month ago that was a front page story. Why?

I think there are a couple of things at play.

Quite honestly, I think it is a combination of the media trying to dig up every possible piece of dirt that they can on Rudy. They have done this to candidates on both sides of the aisle.

I think some of it is attention seeking behavior on the part of Andrew Giulliani.

Ultimately, I thinks some of these personal foibles of political candidates (i.e. Bill Clinton and the "I didn't inhale" and pre-Monica accusatons of sexual harrasment; GW Bush's past issues with alcohol; Dick Cheney having a lesbian daughter, etc.) matter less and less to the voting public.

Yes, these foibles can be fodder for mud slinging from extremists on both sides of the aisle, but to the average Joe or Jave Voter, I don't think there as relevant as the media wants us to think.

After all, who among us has a skeleton-free closet?