"Drugs are the curse of the land and turn women into prostitutes" - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2007, 04:03 PM   #16
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra
A great deal of the problems societies face from drugs is caused not by the drugs themselves, but by the illegality of the drugs.

Old 02-26-2007, 04:10 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:48 PM
Quote:
Drugs (yes, all of them) should be legalised. There would still be addiction problems, but you aren't going to be able to ever completely stop that -- there are people who will get addicted no matter how tough the drug laws are. What legalising drugs does do is bring them out into the open where the people with problems (and that isn't everyone who uses drugs) can get help, and it also keeps the thugs out of the supply chain. A great deal of the problems societies face from drugs is caused not by the drugs themselves, but by the illegality of the drugs.
I agree with everything you stated.

And btw, the only drug I have ever ingested in my many years is alcohol, which is probably more damaging socially than the illegal stuff. So my support of legalization is not in my self-interest.

Old 02-26-2007, 04:23 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:18 PM
It's just speculation, but I believe marijuana, herion, meth, etc. would all both be legal in the US today - if only the government could figure out how to control their growth & production so they could be 'properly' taxed by Uncle Sam.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:56 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Malaysia has a very strong drug rehabilitation program and great healthcare. Yet still has a big drug problem and a rise in the spread of AIDS in drug users.

'Malaysia has a very strong drug rehabilitation program' - yes, I suppose that having the death penalty for drug dealers could be described as a strong drug rehabilitation program.

In regard to your statement that Malaysia has a big drug problem, I would like to see a source for that.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:59 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:18 AM
Quote:
Drugs (yes, all of them) should be legalised. There would still be addiction problems, but you aren't going to be able to ever completely stop that -- there are people who will get addicted no matter how tough the drug laws are. What legalising drugs does do is bring them out into the open where the people with problems (and that isn't everyone who uses drugs) can get help, and it also keeps the thugs out of the supply chain. A great deal of the problems societies face from drugs is caused not by the drugs themselves, but by the illegality of the drugs.
I think that legalising drugs like cocaine, heroin, and crystal meth would lead to an increase, not a reduction, in the number of people using them, and I consider an increase in the consumption of cocaine, heroin and crystal meth to be, inter alia, a very bad thing.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:05 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by financeguy

I think that legalising drugs like cocaine, heroin, and crystal meth would lead to an increase, not a reduction, in the number of people using them, and I consider an increase in the consumption of cocaine, heroin and crystal meth to be, inter alia, a very bad thing.
And I think you're wrong.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:11 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:18 PM
If Meth, Cocaine and other dangerous drugs were legallized at least the human population would go down. More room for us.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:01 PM   #23
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

'Malaysia has a very strong drug rehabilitation program' - yes, I suppose that having the death penalty for drug dealers could be described as a strong drug rehabilitation program.
I'm talking about programs for addicts.

Quote:

In regard to your statement that Malaysia has a big drug problem, I would like to see a source for that.
Just do a Google search of Malayasia and HIV and every article will tell you close to 75% got it from dirty needles.

Here's one to start:

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/061130/apfn_...aids.html?.v=1
Old 02-26-2007, 07:02 PM   #24
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Now you're sounding more like a neo-con.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:14 PM   #25
Jesus Online

Local Time: 02:18 PM
i never thought i'd see the day intelligent people claim support for south east asia's drug handling.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:17 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
i never thought i'd see the day intelligent people claim support for south east asia's drug handling.
Illegal is supported in this thread and those who don't support are tarred and feathered
Old 02-26-2007, 07:25 PM   #27
Jesus Online

Local Time: 02:18 PM
dont be ridiculous, justin. honestly. stop playing dumb. wise up to what some are saying.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:25 PM   #28
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

Illegal is supported in this thread and those who don't support are tarred and feathered
Oh come on Justin, you are above this type of attack. You really don't want me to show you how you're being hypocritical in this attack do you?
Old 02-26-2007, 07:40 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:18 PM
Quote:

I agree, but only natural drugs from plants, not man-created like Meth-A.

I do not use any of these drugs, but I agree with the basic premise that by making them legal we could better deal with the problems of addiction and do away with a ton of crime.

This is one reason I vote Libertarian.

As a Christian, I believe God created everything for a reason, including the poppy plant and cannibis. These drugs have a reason for being for their medicinal and pain killing attributes.

My parents died of cancer and morphine helped to relieve their pain.

I think these drugs are abused when they are used for recreational reasons.

Just me 2-cents.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:02 PM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:18 PM
The black market exists where there is demand for something that either society and/or the government has deemed wrong. It can never be stopped without adopting authoritarian measures, the justifying of those measures is always interesting.