Does the US try to blackmail the UN? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2004, 09:36 PM   #46
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:30 AM
I feel bad about this thread

Old 06-25-2004, 09:53 PM   #47
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

Did you read a word of what I wrote? Just curious. It is only the gazilienth time I have said int his forum that it has everything in the world to do with LYING UNDER OATH.

Kennedy was one of my favorite Presidents. I could care less about the sex......its the lying under oath that makes me sick to my stomach.

Has Arnold been charged with a crime and lied under oath?
has Jack Ryan (Why oh Why would he want Jeri to do such things?) been charged with a crime and lied under oath?

I am consistent with my opinions. Personal life is one thing, but if the president or other public official is brought into a court, it should be the truth that comes out of their mouths.
Yes I agreed that lying under oath was horrible, but it's the search into his personal life that brought this on.

Old 06-25-2004, 09:57 PM   #48
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

You forgot the 'their side' part. I mean, the kind of people who usually get after someone left him alone because he was a liberal. It doesn't count when conservatives pick on him, because liberals always discount them as stupid and at everything they say anyway so it's disregarded. Then all you get is liberals making fun of conservatives for making fun of Clinton, but it's not the same hardcore dragging through the mud you guys did to Reagan and Bush.
Are you even reading what you're writing because it's absolutely ridiculous. Or are you Ok with your double standards?
Old 06-25-2004, 10:33 PM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

It's not me with the double standards!

So some tabloids and Rush Limbaugh made fun of Clinton. It wasn't anything like the thrashing Bush gets here, or the one Reagan got in his death thread! Come on, you know people like you only pick on politicians you don't like, and that's a double standard.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:39 PM   #50
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
It's not me with the double standards!

So some tabloids and Rush Limbaugh made fun of Clinton. It wasn't anything like the thrashing Bush gets here, or the one Reagan got in his death thread! Come on, you know people like you only pick on politicians you don't like, and that's a double standard.
I pick on all politicians, 90% of them are worthless, but I find your blindness and judgement humorous. I give up.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:05 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

I am not blind to anything, I get sick of being accused of following blindly and believing everything, that is not true. I think 99% of politicians are worthless! The only thing I'm 'judging' is the way some people (maybe not you!) only pick and and judge someone who isn't on their 'side' and if they are, they let it go. That is the way I see it.
Old 06-26-2004, 01:56 AM   #52
Jesus Online

Local Time: 05:30 PM
Are we all done now? Really?

I have never understood why a percentage the Americans of this forum cannot admit that they see the wrong doings of the Democrats as different to the wrong doings of the Republicans, if they are Republican. And the wrong doings of the Republicans are viewed differently to those of the Democrats, if they are Democrat. Each side comes to the party when theirs is being attacked. Different members at different times, but the arguments for both sides are the same. Over and over again. Not all Americans, and not only the Americans. But you know what? It eventually distracts us all from the debate at hand while we all happily bicker about bias and unfair/fair criticism. It's about the only thing that is equally divided in this forum. Each side arguing the same points over and over again. Each side treated as though it is bad for one, and not the other. Neither admitting that it is kind of expected to an extent to view the wrongs of the party you dont support and the positives they do all with a critical eye, and then boosting the 'wrongs' of your own party by still believing in the 'rights'...

I hope Kerry wins simply so we can switch the focus to a new party in here. It will still be the same old debates over and over though. Each side can claim "Unfair! Unfair!"

If anyone wants to continue this seemingly fruitless debate, please start another thread. This has gone off course enough.
Thanks.
Old 06-26-2004, 05:30 AM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:30 PM
Hey guys, let's all make up and have a drink. Let's pretend everything's ok even though we know damn well we hate each other's guts.

Bring it on!
Old 06-26-2004, 08:58 AM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

I don't have a party. I just don't like hypocrisy. For example, many many people trashed Reagan in his death thread blaming him for AIDS spreading and claiming he could have 'stopped it.' Today, I saw an editorial in my newspaper saying the AIDS crisis in Africa would not be out of hand had Clinton acted 10 years ago and said millions will die by 2050 because of his inaction! Yet, no one mentions that, not even Bono, because he LOVES Clinton and doesn't want to draw attention to any possible shortcomings. However, if it's Reagan, it's open season. Maybe the person who brought that up on Clinton was a Repubican, I don't know. It's a tired old game.

The only 'party' I want to see is with balloons, a cheese tray and punch. Then we can argue over whether or not to spike it!
Old 06-26-2004, 09:00 AM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:30 PM
I belong to the Party Party Party. We party all the time.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:03 AM   #56
you are what you is

Local Time: 07:30 AM
so everyone agrees that this was indeed a poorly executed attempt at blackmail?

“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 06-26-2004, 09:14 AM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

Only if there's a party in it for us