Connection? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2006, 11:48 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:42 AM
Connection?

I was reading a News Week Special edition Magazine on Prophets. I decided to read about Muhammed. They talked about how the Jews and Christians had there own prophets and how god gave them there Holy Book. That was until Muhammed came along and they finally had someone for the Arab people. He gave them there version of a Holy Book (Quran). Now If there saying this then could it be that God came to the asians as Buddha?

Could all religions be inner connected?

Sorry if the first part sounds confusing, but I did not want to write 10 pages worth of wording.

Old 12-08-2006, 11:53 AM   #2
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:42 AM
Just the mention of that will have certain people's heads about to explode. People don't like sharing God.

Old 12-08-2006, 11:59 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Well I like Sharing God. I was just thinking about this after reading that part in the magazine.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:00 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:42 PM
The notion of a personal God and Buddhism are fundamental opposites. There is no god per se in Buddhism -- there is transcendence. "The Buddha" as we know him is just a teacher -- Siddhārtha Gautama Buddha -- who according to Buddhist principles is only one buddha among many. (Anyone who has become enlightened is a buddha.) This is fairly different from Jesus' statements about hoping that his disciples would know the Father as he knows the Father.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:05 PM   #5
She's the One

Local Time: 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nathan1977
(Anyone who has become enlightened is a buddha.)
We all have God within us.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:05 PM   #6
She's the One

Re: Connection?

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

Could all religions be inner connected?

They all are, more than most people want to realize.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:11 PM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:42 AM
Re: Re: Connection?

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

They all are, more than most people want to realize.
I agree with this 100%.

God is bigger than any one religion.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:20 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Cool thanks for all the responses. I mean if god is energy and can be who he/she wants she, than god could be Sadartha in my view, giving each there own personal belief of who God is.

I dont know if that makes anysays but oh well.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:40 PM   #9
Refugee

Local Time: 07:42 PM
Quote:
Cool thanks for all the responses. I mean if god is energy and can be who he/she wants she, than god could be Sadartha in my view, giving each there own personal belief of who God is.

I dont know if that makes anysays but oh well.
Please don't take this the wrong way, I might be putting this a bit bluntly because I am at such a loss of words, but I think this is could very well be the most enlightened thing you've ever posted. I am heartened by such a post by someone I earlier perceived to be yet another right-wing conservative Christian.

I am of the belief that God appears to people the way that would make the most sense to them. Don't you think God would know the best way to reach the hearts of those he created? In the end there is one God, and its not yours or mine, its essential for tolerance and understanding. People might disagree on how to honor God all they can, but doesn't change the fact that they all believe the same thing.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:45 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by all_i_want

Please don't take this the wrong way, I might be putting this a bit bluntly because I am at such a loss of words, but I think this is could very well be the most enlightened thing you've ever posted. I am heartened by such a post by someone I earlier perceived to be yet another right-wing conservative Christian.

I am of the belief that God appears to people the way that would make the most sense to them. Don't you think God would know the best way to reach the hearts of those he created? In the end there is one God, and its not yours or mine, its essential for tolerance and understanding. People might disagree on how to honor God all they can, but doesn't change the fact that they all believe the same thing.
Thanks. I actually went to a mosque with a former co-worker to see what it's like. I also wanted to take some photos and I was invited in. Unfortunatly this was also during my first begining B&W photography class and when I tried to develope it, the film got destroyed.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:57 PM   #11
She's the One

Quote:
the film got destroyed.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:59 PM   #12
Refugee

Local Time: 07:42 PM
Quote:

Thanks. I actually went to a mosque with a former co-worker to see what it's like. I also wanted to take some photos and I was invited in. Unfortunatly this was also during my first begining B&W photography class and when I tried to develope it, the film got destroyed.
Well, I am not much of a mosque-goer myself, but I do regard the better part of them highly as pieces of architecture. I am not much of a believer myself, maybe because I am tired of seeing how much conflict religion brings to the world. Still, it's nice to see willingness to understand instead of the opposite. Most of us could use more of it.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:59 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I do plan on asking a local Budhhist temple and Samoan baptist church if I could take some photos.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:03 PM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by all_i_want

Old 12-08-2006, 07:32 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:42 PM
Quote:
That's the real question though -- is God energy (e.g. the Force), or is He a person who wants a relationship? The two are somewhat incompatible. Which is where the differences in religions come into play. There are fundamental differences here that can't be denied.

It's like the difference between karma and grace.