City of Philadelphia Adds $199,999 to Boy Scout HQ Rent Due to Gay Ban - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2007, 08:35 PM   #76
Refugee

Local Time: 03:42 PM
Vince,

Ok, maybe I just read it wrong but...

Philidelphia raises the boy scout's rent from $1 to $200,000. Then these responses follow:

http://forum.interference.com/showth...5&pagenumber=1

Not vengeful?

Old 10-24-2007, 08:37 PM   #77
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by MadelynIris
Come on Irvine, that was a low blow. lol.

No, you might think their policies are wrong, but you have to respect the freedoms afforded to a prive organization, period. So, they recieve no special treatment, fair enough.

I find it kind of weird that you guys are taking such glee in 'sticking it to the scouts', a bit hateful. A bit vengeful really.
Uh, what?

Old 10-24-2007, 08:41 PM   #78
Refugee

Quote:
Uh, what?
Uh, what?
Old 10-24-2007, 08:43 PM   #79
Blue Crack Supplier

I don't understand what you're saying. Vengeful? How?

I'm not denying that they are ALLOWED to discriminate. We're just disagreeing with the decision.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:54 PM   #80
She's the One

Local Time: 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
Unlike straight men, she's never grabbed my ass in public, yelled out derogatory things from her Camaro while driving past me or hooted at me while I was jogging.

Doesn't she know any better?
Old 10-24-2007, 09:04 PM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MadelynIris
Vince,

Ok, maybe I just read it wrong but...

Philidelphia raises the boy scout's rent from $1 to $200,000. Then these responses follow:

http://forum.interference.com/showth...5&pagenumber=1

Not vengeful?
I don't know, I would call it schadenfreude to some extent, expecially understandable with melon and Irvine.

The good and awesome I would see as "Finally public subsidising of organisations that discriminate is cut" and "Finally, some sense entered the politics".
Vengeful if you greet some good measure? Not really.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:28 PM   #82
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
Unlike straight men, she's never grabbed my ass in public, yelled out derogatory things from her Camaro while driving past me or hooted at me while I was jogging.
I was thinking about this whilst walking Sandy. Could this be the reason that so many straight men are terrified beyond reason of gay men? The fear that their own behavior may be directed back at them?
Old 10-24-2007, 09:38 PM   #83
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha

Could this be the reason that so many straight men are terrified beyond reason of gay men? The fear that their own behavior may be directed back at them?
I thought that was pretty apparent in the gays in the military and the Harry Potter thread...
Old 10-24-2007, 09:40 PM   #84
She's the One

I don't read them all. I can't take it.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:48 PM   #85
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

as a father of girls, i'd be perfectly fine with them sleeping in the same tent as the lesbians.
See, this is a wrong way of thinking because how many lesbians do you know of that have raped other women? I'm not saying homosexuals will rape all I'm trying to point out is that men are wired differently and think differently. And I know I'll probably get the selective ignorance from you saying "No way, men view sex the exact same way that women do" so I do think I'm just wasting my time arguing with you.

And for the record, I do know plenty of straight women who prefer not to change in front of a lesbian woman.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:02 PM   #86
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy

See, this is a wrong way of thinking because how many lesbians do you know of that have raped other women? I'm not saying homosexuals will rape all I'm trying to point out is that men are wired differently and think differently. And I know I'll probably get the selective ignorance from you saying "No way, men view sex the exact same way that women do" so I do think I'm just wasting my time arguing with you.
It's true, most rapists are men rather than women. So what? Some rapists are religious, some aren't, some are hispanic, some are white, some are straight, some are gay, some are black, etc...

Rape is about power. What does any of this have to do with the Boy Scouts?

There was a serial rapist caught here in Texas, he was a boy scout leader and an active member of his church, guess who his victims were? Middle age women.

Quote:

And for the record, I do know plenty of straight women who prefer not to change in front of a lesbian woman.
I know women who prefer not to change in front of their husbands...
Old 10-24-2007, 10:18 PM   #87
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

It's true, most rapists are men rather than women. So what? Some rapists are religious, some aren't, some are hispanic, some are white, some are straight, some are gay, some are black, etc...

Rape is about power. What does any of this have to do with the Boy Scouts?

There was a serial rapist caught here in Texas, he was a boy scout leader and an active member of his church, guess who his victims were? Middle age women.

I know women who prefer not to change in front of their husbands...
I was trying to back up the fact that men do think about sex differently than women. That is why you don't see women being stressed out about sleeping in the same tents as lesbians. All I'm trying to back up is that men are different than women and so whoever pointed out that women don't mind lesbians is wrong in their comparison because men and women are just wired differently.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:27 PM   #88
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I was trying to back up the fact that men do think about sex differently than women. That is why you don't see women being stressed out about sleeping in the same tents as lesbians. All I'm trying to back up is that men are different than women and so whoever pointed out that women don't mind lesbians is wrong in their comparison because men and women are just wired differently.
But then why the hell did you bring up rapists? Rape has very little to do with sex, and absolutely nothing to do with this paticular discussion.

The rape issue has not one iota of logic behind it when it comes to this discussion.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:30 PM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Again, trying to show you that men and women think differently when it comes to sex. Why can't you see that? Oh right, in order to win your argument we will choose to selectively ignore facts that might back up the other persons argument.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:32 PM   #90
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Again, trying to show you that men and women think differently when it comes to sex. Why can't you see that? Oh right, in order to win your argument we will choose to selectively ignore facts that might back up the other persons argument.
What am I ignoring?

Once again, answer this, what does rape have to do with sex?