Bono's silence is strange and disappointing - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2003, 05:05 PM   #151
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:28 AM
Gabrielvox,

You continue to fail to understand somethings. My posting history and any assertions you make based on that about me personally is not something that is to be done in Free Your Mind. Were not to engage in personal characterizations of other people unless of course a member is being personally attacked or slandered in some way in which case that person has a right to respectfully defend themselves and notify the mods.

"I could easily say that I find it offensive when people say that due to my posting history, Im a peacenik who is completely out of touch with the realities of the brutal world we live in. But in the end all it is just some internet posters opinion of me, like does it really matter??"

Yes it does, thats why people have been banned from FYM in the past. Elvis has made many statements in regard to this type of behavior.

I'm not going to mention to the Mods about Pub Crawler because he has never done this before. I only informed the Mods about your behavior because you continued to engage in that behavior on a repeated basis. I realize that have not recently though and I appreciate that.

"But don't threaten me, it is neither your right or place as you are not a mod, I took notice of the real mod's warnings earlier and have since conducted myself accordingly."

I'm not threatening you. I'm warning you, myself, and anyone else that reads these boards. I don't want to be banned and I don't want you or anyone else to get banned either. I enjoy reading everyones post including yours except when people start to get personal. Thats not what this forum is for. We have to try and be humble and respectful of other people regardless of their opinion on a particular political issue.

"Since you are so big on the principles of Free Your Mind, in what way has your mind been freed? I personally have noticed a decided shift in some of my own very strongly held opinions, while I can say that from what I've read of your posts over the last year or so, your opinions haven't changed. So are you simply here to help us free our minds? Isn't THAT a rather disrespectful presumption"

Again, why do you turn everything into a personal situation. Free Your Mind is about freely debating various topics. Its not meant to observe other peoples postings and then make uninformed personal observations about those people. Its been specifically stated that behavior in FYM is not to be tolerated. I'm hear to respectfully debate various political topics. I'm not hear to offend other people personally because they have a different political view point from me, or to make assumptions that they are narrow minded. Free Your Mind is for friendly and respectful debate on a wide number of topics.

To answer one of your questions though, I have made changes in my views on certain things and actually done more research into certain topics because of information posted by someone else. But again, this is a friendly discussion area, no more, no less. I'm not about to call out and attack someone as being narrowminded just because they have held to a particular view point on a particular topic. That is not what Free Your Mind is about. People have every right to express their view points here without being accused of being narrow minded or having to deal with some other personal remark from someone else.

Old 02-17-2003, 05:08 PM   #152
Ghost of Love

Local Time: 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

You said it....not me....

Guess we all have our buttons...mine is my name, granted...but I have personal reasons for that..

You could call me a dimwitted ing hole tell me Im completely mad, need help, seek a therapist, get a clue, go off etc and I wouldnt run to the mods. Now dont all line up to call me those things...lol..

Just dont mess wit tha name yo......

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

Old 02-17-2003, 05:13 PM   #153
Ghost of Love

STING2,

Go run around the block and release some steam. Now your going to report me for disagreeing with you alleging another person's 'slander', but not even report the alleged 'slander'?? That's rich. Good luck.

ANYWAYS, back to the topic at hand:

Go Bono! I hope you were there on the weekend!

WOO HOO!

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

Old 02-17-2003, 05:18 PM   #154
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Pub Crawler,

I'm all for free debate and challenging others statements, but not in a way that is personal. Debates that degenerate into a personal slugfest become meaningless and irrelevant. Its also against policy here at FYM and I don't want to do something thats offensive and get banned as others have in the past.

As to the question and my general answer, I guess I could go into more detail, but I'm not sure will ever be in full agreement on what it constitutes. Everyones opinion on that is probably a little different. When I answer that question, I do so from first a personal perspective as with my dealings with people in everyday life. I think some people only look at it from an international or national perspective. I try to encompass everything, but I start first with my own personal behavior.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:07 AM   #155
She's the One

Local Time: 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hawk269

slander me

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Nice use of the buzzword of the day!!!!!!

Too bad I didn't do it. I pointed out some observations about the things you said. MY observations.

Sorry. Better luck next time. Rest assured, though, that I will not be baited into an argument like the other one going on here.

I need to go take my chocolate chip muffins out of the pan.

I sure hope Bono was at that protest!!
Old 02-18-2003, 12:15 AM   #156
Jesus Online

Local Time: 05:28 PM
Please enough of this slander and pacifism debate. Continue it off the forums in private, or if anyone has a complaint, please make it to one of the mods, or report the posts you think are offensive. It is too far off topic to continue, and while its one thing to challenge someone's view, to attack them is not on.
If anyone wants to take this further, please feel free, but just not in here.
Thankyou.
Old 02-18-2003, 01:33 AM   #157
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 10:28 PM
I see gabrielvox and STING2 have not listened to my warnings.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:57 AM   #158
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:28 AM
STING2. You havent answered to my question above.

How can you still support a President that damages the foreign diplomatic relations of your country? President G.W. Bush is doing evil to the United States. Is this for what hes been elected? Is this the duty of an American President?

How can you support this President when around 100 million people worldwide in about 70 different nations worldwide protest against his policies? He is definitely doing no good to the perception of The United States.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:32 AM   #159
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem

Angela.....Is that you?

Angela?

Old 02-18-2003, 10:15 AM   #160
Jesus Online

Is Insane Hair Dude better than Irate Guy then?

Old 02-18-2003, 10:43 AM   #161
ONE
love, blood, life

It scares me in a different kind of way!

HEHE!!!
Old 02-18-2003, 11:00 AM   #162
Jesus Online

Old 02-18-2003, 11:30 AM   #163
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
Please enough of this slander and pacifism debate. Continue it off the forums in private, or if anyone has a complaint, please make it to one of the mods, or report the posts you think are offensive. It is too far off topic to continue, and while its one thing to challenge someone's view, to attack them is not on.
If anyone wants to take this further, please feel free, but just not in here.
Thankyou.

I agree. I might hang around in this forum after all *if* the stuff stops. I'm not going to call anyone a . No one else should either. Thanks, Sicy.
Old 02-18-2003, 01:49 PM   #164
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

HIPHOP,

"How can you still support a President that damages the foreign diplomatic relations of your country? President G.W. Bush is doing evil to the United States. Is this for what hes been elected? Is this the duty of an American President?"

"How can you support this President when around 100 million people worldwide in about 70 different nations worldwide protest against his policies? He is definitely doing no good to the perception of The United States."

First off, I do not see the President damaging the foreign diplomatic relations of the country. The USA has a lot of support around the world from various countries. Eastern Europe, Turkey, Kuwait, other Gulf States, Australia, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and Portugal are supporting the USA. As President he is doing what he needs to do to provide security for the country and the international community from the huge threat that is posed by Saddam and his WMD programs.

I've seen plenty of protest before and several million people marching is definitely a large number. But its a vocal minority that are actually in the streets. I respect them and their views but I disagree with them as does the President and the US Congress and the majority of American People.

The latest CNN/TIME/GALLOP poll shows that 57% of Americans support George Bush in leading a coalition of the willing to disarm Iraq. Iraq must be disarmed as it has been obligated to do by UN resolutions and the 1991 Gulf War CEACE FIRE AGREEMENT.

Where is the protest and outrage against Saddam? If Saddam would simply comply with the ceacefire agreement that he agreed to honor in 1991, there wouldn't be a problem. Saddam has had the opportunity to kill 1.7 million people over the past 24 years. Should the world community let Saddam achieve the capacity to kill 10 times that many in a matter of minutes? I don't think so. No one in history has been given more time to comply with resolutions passed under Chapter VII rules than Saddam.

Unfortunately, the one world leader that gets the biggest kick out this past weeks protest is Saddam. Probably makes him feel warm and fuzzy inside. It makes him believe that he can outlast the US efforts to disarm him there by making war even more likely. The only chance of Saddam disarming peacefully is if he truely believes he is going to be taking out.
Old 02-18-2003, 02:10 PM   #165
you are what you is

Local Time: 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2
Where is the protest and outrage against Saddam?
that's what I have been wondering lately

“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa