Bono got a little carried away.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dreadsox said:
Calling himself "the little lord Jesus" as he was leaving the stage at the end of 40?

I think he is the equivalent of a modern day prophet for sure....

But this really turns people off when he goes over the top.

Thoughts?

yeah, dread, you're definitely right, it was the most exagerate sentence i've ever heard from him, completely out of reason, i hope he'll never does such a statement, it has no sense. moreover i'm still struggling with the yahweh title. many people don't know that is god true name which should not be claimed in vain, i see even people in interference who have used yahweh as nickname, this is quite absurd and shows how, without having knowledge, people can run into mistakes in a so easily way. bono's fault? yeah, too. so claiming himself as little lord jesus hurts my christian faith, if he wants to mention yahweh and jesus then he should learn to preach their word

Re: Re: Bono got a little carried away.....

babyman said:

yeah, dread, you're definitely right, it was the most exagerate sentence i've ever heard from him, completely out of reason, i hope he'll never does such a statement, it has no sense. moreover i'm still struggling with the yahweh title. many people don't know that is god true name which should not be claimed in vain, i see even people in interference who have used yahweh as nickname, this is quite absurd and shows how, without having knowledge, people can run into mistakes in a so easily way. bono's fault? yeah, too. so claiming himself as little lord jesus hurts my christian faith, if he wants to mention yahweh and jesus then he should learn to preach their word

You can't be serious. So Bono needs to stop writing songs about God??? And tongue in cheek humor hurts your faith?

If your faith is hurt by humor then your faith is weak. If your god has no sense of humor then I feel sorry for it's followers.

Re: Re: Bono got a little carried away.....

babyman said:

[/Q
Oh dear...is this a piss-take???Surely!! If not, best stick to being all po-faced and saintly serious, Bono, as your humour is way above some people...

I think Bono was just trying to poke fun at himself and his "savior" image, but it came out kind of awkward. I don't see the need to get all uptight over it, though.

Re: Re: Re: Bono got a little carried away.....

BonoVoxSupastar said:

You can't be serious. So Bono needs to stop writing songs about God??? And tongue in cheek humor hurts your faith?

If your faith is hurt by humor then your faith is weak. If your god has no sense of humor then I feel sorry for it's followers.

you mix humor and faith? i don't. so my christian feeling can't get hurt by such statements? just because it's bono i can't bow to everything he says, if he says something that annoys me i cry it out. if he would hurt any of your feelings i don't think you'd start to laugh, right? so don't investigate in other faiths, feel sorry for yourself if you do that

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bono got a little carried away.....

babyman said:

you mix humor and faith? i don't. so my christian feeling can't get hurt by such statements? just because it's bono i can't bow to everything he says, if he says something that annoys me i cry it out. if he would hurt any of your feelings i don't think you'd start to laugh, right?

Yes, my Bible says there's a time for everything under heaven, and that includes humor.

No one said anything about bowing down to Bono.
babyman said:

so don't investigate in other faiths, feel sorry for yourself if you do that

Sorry but I have no clue what you mean here.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bono got a little carried away.....

babyman said:

you said my "faith is weak", i'm sorry, but such a comment appears to be weak and vacant

I said it's weak if you let a joke hurt or deminish your faith.

You said your faith was hurt by what someone said. I'm sorry but I hear everyday that God doesn't exist, that believing is ridiculous, etc and it's never hurt my faith. My faith goes far beyond what others think or say.

And a joke surely isn't going to hurt my faith.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bono got a little carried away.....

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I said it's weak if you let a joke hurt or deminish your faith.

You said your faith was hurt by what someone said. I'm sorry but I hear everyday that God doesn't exist, that believing is ridiculous, etc and it's never hurt my faith. My faith goes far beyond what others think or say.

And a joke surely isn't going to hurt my faith.

bono said once "we're one but we're not the same", so it may not hurt you, but it hurts me, it's not a blame.
jesus and his father, yahweh, have a lot of meanings in my life, if someone "jokes" around with them i don't tolerate it.........................you know....................

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bono got a little carried away.....

babyman said:

bono said once "we're one but we're not the same", so it may not hurt you, but it hurts me, it's not a blame.
jesus and his father, yahweh, have a lot of meanings in my life, if someone "jokes" around with them i don't tolerate it.........................you know....................

They have a lot of meaning in Bono, my own, and many others lives as well. He wasn't making fun of you, your beliefs, or God. He was poking fun of himself and how so many criticize him for acting messianic sometimes. THAT'S IT. If it's wrong to mix humor with faith, or to laugh at yourself then humor would be a sin.

babyman said:
and it doesn't mean that my faith becomes weaker, it's because my faith in jesus is strong that i get annoyed by such statements

I was just going by what you said. You said it hurt your faith.:shrug:

Bono's shades said:
I think Bono was just trying to poke fun at himself and his "savior" image, but it came out kind of awkward. I don't see the need to get all uptight over it, though.

:applaud:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bono got a little carried away.....

BonoVoxSupastar said:

He was poking fun of himself and how so many criticize him for acting messianic sometimes.

if it's so then it is a different thing, he surely doesn't act messianic

I lost track of this conversation a page and a half ago. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone, their faith, ior anything else, but can someone please explain the chain of thought for the last few posts? I can't follow it.:confused:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bono got a little carried away.....

babyman said:
BonoVoxSupastar said:

He was poking fun of himself and how so many criticize him for acting messianic sometimes.

if it's so then it is a different thing, he surely doesn't act messianic
:rolleyes: I'm not going to even ask what you mean by this.

sallycinnamon78 said:
I lost track of this conversation a page and a half ago. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone, their faith, ior anything else, but can someone please explain the chain of thought for the last few posts? I can't follow it.:confused:

It's probably better you don't know.

Can't we just say he was right about the "little" part and leave it at that? :wink:

I hope no one goes off on that, I surely love the guy and I don't give a flying fig how tall he is!

it was about me, i said bono's statement that he's a little lord jesus was hurting my feelings, they say it's a humoristic response to the ones who criticize him cos he seems to act messianic sometimes.............

BonoVoxSupastar said:

No just because I think it's being blown out of proportion and that some aren't getting it.

actually you said it was a humoristic response to some of his criticizers, so it's all ok, what is out of proportion? we talked and we came to a point, it's ok, no probs!

I will play the devil's advocate...mostly because I have friends who would be offended to see someone calling themselves....

YHWY

AS part of the Jewish tradition, the vowels were left out because even writing it was not allowed if I am not mistaken.

So I can understand how writing a song using the word could raise some eyebrows.

I have listened again and again to the bootleg. It bothers me that he said that, but I understand it was not meant to be a self-proclamation. But, peoople should recognize that on some level it is offensive.

Dreadsox said:

So I can understand how writing a song using the word could raise some eyebrows.
:eyebrow:

Dreadsox said:

I have listened again and again to the bootleg. It bothers me that he said that, but I understand it was not meant to be a self-proclamation. But, peoople should recognize that on some level it is offensive.

But exactly why? Aren't we all the body of Christ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom