Barbara Bush - Please stick a SOCK in your mouth!!!!!! - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2005, 08:17 PM   #46
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:05 PM
Well yeah, that too.

Old 09-05-2005, 08:26 PM   #47
The Fly

Local Time: 09:05 PM
Maybe we can be nice and assume that she's senile.

Old 09-05-2005, 08:32 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I was talking to a customer just yesterday about the storm and she simply could not understand that "these people, as she referred to them, have absolutely no money"? "Surely they have atm cards and can use them at a bank."
I backed off at this point because we are monitored on our calls so I just had to sit and listen while she babbled on about the first thing she would grab in a flood is her purse. I so wanted to go off on her...
There really are to Americas, and BB and this woman are prime examples of profound ignorance..
Old 09-05-2005, 08:49 PM   #49
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by MadelynIris

Yes - it is actually going to work out well for them. They will get new homes, cash and new lives. In many, many cases, this new beginning will be much better than it was in New Orleans.

So, I understand what she is saying. For those that were more priveleged, it's gonna suck. Because they lost a lot, and will not ever, ever get it back.
The "more privileged" who lost their boats and cars and nice houses--they DIDN'T lose their fancy insurance policies. So don't expect me to buy that "Oh this will be good for the underprivileged" crap.

Quote:

Na.... for those on government assistance, this will be better. Look, I'm not saying that this was a good thing.... in no way. But the government will offer cash money for those people to relocate and rebuild. I've seen it first hand in the 93 flood. Many, many people made out way above what they had before. Money will flow into their hands.

Life loss, pain and anguish of upheaval, etc... are tremendous hardships, and nothing can heal those losses.

But for many, their lives will be better. If only for getting out of the hole that will flood again.
Yeah, right. It's better to have spent five or six or more days stranded in N.O. Hell and get a big shiny trailer to assuage your Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome than to have been speedily evacuated by a government (local and national) that knew what the fuck it was doing.

Yes, it's so much better to be left behind to fend for yourself when disaster strikes with the meager resources that you posses than to evacuate in your nice late model car with your cell phone in your hand and your stack of credit cards in your back pocket.

Yes, it's good to be poor. Right. Um-huh.

And btw,
Old 09-05-2005, 09:36 PM   #50
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:05 PM
Quote:

Yes - it is actually going to work out well for them. They will get new homes, cash and new lives. In many, many cases, this new beginning will be much better than it was in New Orleans.

So, I understand what she is saying. For those that were more priveleged, it's gonna suck. Because they lost a lot, and will not ever, ever get it back.
Spoken like the truly priveleged...
Old 09-05-2005, 10:14 PM   #51
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by echo0001

The "more privileged" who lost their boats and cars and nice houses--they DIDN'T lose their fancy insurance policies. So don't expect me to buy that "Oh this will be good for the underprivileged" crap.

Yeah, right. It's better to have spent five or six or more days stranded in N.O. Hell and get a big shiny trailer to assuage your Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome than to have been speedily evacuated by a government (local and national) that knew what the fuck it was doing.

Yes, it's so much better to be left behind to fend for yourself when disaster strikes with the meager resources that you posses than to evacuate in your nice late model car with your cell phone in your hand and your stack of credit cards in your back pocket.

Yes, it's good to be poor. Right. Um-huh.

And btw,
I'm with you!
Old 09-05-2005, 10:16 PM   #52
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:05 PM
Let's clarify this "the underpriveleged are getting a good deal" bs with a little disclaimer: those that survive. Because let's face it, the vast majority of casualties come from the underpriveleged.

Yes, they're making out quite well, I'd say.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:36 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

OK, that's just unreal.

Let me tell you something about being poor and losing everything. I lived in a developing country and lost absolutely everything in a war. When I say I was poor, I mean I had the clothes on my back. Literally, that was it.

When you have LITTLE and you lose that LITTLE, you have lost it all. It is much more profound for a poor person to lose the only scrap they have, and in many cases, all poor people have is each other, than it is for a Trent Lott to lose a house.

Do you think those people think they are better off because they lost family members, neighbours and their little trailer they lived in because somewhere down the road they'll get a bigger, shinier, newer trailer? I guarantee you they would give anything to go back to what they had.

There really are two different Americas if people think this way.
Ah anitram I just appreciate your posts. As usual, you hit the nail on the head.

There is rich
and there´s poor

The Bush family grew up in a dynasty.

Does anyone really think they are that stupid? Same for Condi? I just can´t believe it. It´s not only that those people grew up in the high class and so they´re dumb and can´t imagine it. No, apparently they feel selected when they´re downgrading other people for their poverty.

I really wonder where the values of the Bush family are. Maybe the only one with a grain of brain is their lesbian daughter.

This reminds me so much of European monarchs, the way of expressing their power; Bush coming into the region only on Thursday, the cynicism that they cleaned up the mess right where he walked about while in other parts of NO people were still dying is the same like a monarch wading through a field of dead bodies while he talks about the etiquette fior the dinner.

It reminds me so much of our monarchs because the class differences used to be exactly the same. This upper class in Europe was very similar - and the new rich, the finance ministers and neo-conservatives are just the same.

It´s not that they didn´t know about poverty, no. They didn´t need to care about it. Because of their near-to-absolute power.

Same is happening here. Do you really think a person like Bush Jr. needs to care about poverty? Those people own the country. They can afford to be arrogant, and sometimes they like to see how far it gets them. And I am positive that half of the old rich in America giggle at their comments. They feel priviledged because they are priviledged and they want to feel priviledged and show it off. That´s all there is to it.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:48 AM   #54
The Fly

Local Time: 02:05 AM
she didn't really say this stuff?
Old 09-06-2005, 01:12 AM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:05 PM
What a horrible, cruel thing to say.

I'm so embarrassed to be an American these days.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:19 AM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:05 AM
The title of this thread is just too funny. Skip the S there, insert C there..
Old 09-06-2005, 01:29 AM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:05 PM
wow, just wow.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:11 AM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

Unbelievable but really not that surprising considering some things she has said in the past. Maybe they should open their estate in Kennebunkport to hurricane survivors and they could all bow at her feet every day and fan her w/ palm fronds

I saw her on Larry King last night. Bush Sr jokes about it but it's honestly not a joke, she seems to think her son is the second coming. That's not the same issue I know, but it has something to do w/ it. She will defend him about anything and everything. Not that it's inherently wrong to defend your children, but I think it is wrong to believe they don't deserve ANY criticism.

I'm not embarrassed to be an American, that ignorant woman doesn't speak for or represent me or plenty of other Americans.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:20 AM   #59
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by deep

you may not like it

but kayne is right

there is a complete disconnect

with this family and people of color

Sr.

called his grand kids "the little brown ones"

W. goes to Brazil
And says to the Head of State

"You got blacks, too"

and

now we got potty mouth, Babs, poppin off.

W doesn't care
unless he is giving bribe money to Armstrong Williams
or "Faith based loot” to a handful of Black ministers
so he can peel off enough of the black vote to carry a state like Ohio.

Wake up
and smell the gumbo.

i might be wrong, but didn't W coin the phrase: "Hispano-Ricans"?
Old 09-06-2005, 07:29 AM   #60
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:05 PM
Sue, PLEASE tell me you are kidding about that ATM comment. Lie to me if need be.

Antriam, a voice of reality and reason, as always. If we ever meet at a U2 show, I'd love to buy you a beer.