Are you hot enough? - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2007, 12:00 PM   #31
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
Intelligence and looks are not mutually exclusive and being discriminating due to either isn't a bad thing.

And we can't overlook the quirk of the universe that allows wit, charm and cash to augment a guys chances much better than they would a girl for a much longer proportion of lifetime.
I never said looks and intelligence are mutually exclusive- but you're missing out on much intelligence if you exclude someone just based upon their looks. People become much more attractive in my eyes when they are smart, but also when they are humble about that intelligence.

It's not a "quirk of the universe" that allows that-it's sexist attitudes that value women only for their looks.

Old 03-23-2007, 12:18 PM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:42 PM
Humbleness throws personality into the mix, a trifecta of attraction.

Our initial judgements are based on looks all the time, one could argue that having that as a first tier and then placing wit and charm at the next stage makes the latter more important.

Old 03-23-2007, 01:18 PM   #33
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 12:42 AM

I'm not going to say that looks don't count at all, because that would be a lie. I do believe there has to be some physical attraction. However, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I can find myself very attracted physically to people that probably wouldn't be rated very highly on that site.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 03-23-2007, 02:53 PM   #34
The Fly

Local Time: 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
I'm not going to say that looks don't count at all, because that would be a lie. I do believe there has to be some physical attraction. However, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I can find myself very attracted physically to people that probably wouldn't be rated very highly on that site.
^^^^ Well put Bonochick!
Old 03-23-2007, 03:04 PM   #35
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje

So I could go on FaceBook and download three pics of my hottest high school crush, register as him, and that would be telling the truth? If you're "hot enough" it means you're actually that hot?

Not sure about FaceBook - I was commenting on HotEnough.

For someone to fake a pic, get in and keep paying $10/month is highly unlikely - but possible. I suppose researchers would do that.

In the end, fake pic'ng it will only hurt you.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:13 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

It's not a "quirk of the universe" that allows that-it's sexist attitudes that value women only for their looks.
And vice versa.

I think the best looking woman looses all her attractiveness when you realize that her intelligence is way beneath sea level.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:25 PM   #37
ONE
love, blood, life

Yeah, and I would agree entirely because standards will almost always prevail.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:33 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by randhail

why is it shallow to look for dates there? What if the group only included Jewish people or some other group? Would that still be shallow? Everyone has certain things they look for in people and for these people it happens to be looks. For all the preaching that goes on about understanding, it seems like people here are pretty quick to label these people.
First, I rarely post in FYM, so don't be so quick to label me as someone who preaches about anything here. And, I never said it shouldn't be allowed, either.

And secondly, I don't see it as the same thing at all. Looking for someone with similar religious values, interests, etc. is far different from basing a potential relationship on how hot someone is. I see no common interest other then "wow, we both look hot".

It is shallow, plain and simple. There is no basis for it, other then looks. I can't imagine having a solid relationship based on that. But if that is what someone is looking for, far be it for me to stop them. I still say they will get what they deserve.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:46 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrPryck2U
If you're actually hot, you don't need a bloody dating site to get a date.
What he said.

I don´t think it´s shallow. You´re not going to meet RANDOM people, you´re going to pick someone you like out of all the other "hot" peopl.

You´re just trimming the fat and choosing someone from a more exclusive pool. That´s all.

Cue the flaming.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:27 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy

What he said.

I don´t think it´s shallow. You´re not going to meet RANDOM people, you´re going to pick someone you like out of all the other "hot" peopl.

You´re just trimming the fat and choosing someone from a more exclusive pool. That´s all.
Exactly.

These people could put looks first, but they could be looking for other things as well after the looks. Looks is just the first cut. It's hardly shallow.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:46 PM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy

Except for 2 things:

1) YOU are not doing the trimming; someone else is

2) Anyone can put a picture of anyone else, or even PhotoShop something and be whoever or whatever they want.

It's hardly making dating more "exclusive." You're opening yourself up to just about everyone and whatever personality they feel like inventing.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:47 PM   #42
ONE
love, blood, life

Not when you actually have to hookup; being a different person stops it there and then regardless of how nice a person you are at heart since the first impression is liar.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:24 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Didn't this show already have the last word on this?

Lorenzo Lamas, ladies and gentlemen:
Old 03-23-2007, 08:28 PM   #44
She's the One

Local Time: 08:42 PM
I still rather date someone who can read rather than someone who can shave his eyebrows.

And, as an aside, I have friends who are drop dead sexy who wouldn't be hot enough for that site.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:56 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha
I still rather date someone who can read rather than someone who can shave his eyebrows.

And, as an aside, I have friends who are drop dead sexy who wouldn't be hot enough for that site.

Why can't someone be "hot enough" and still be able to read? I'm sure there's at least one "hot enough" person on that site that is smart. You're not necessarily going to pick someone who is dumb.