American soldiers throw living puppy off cliff - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2008, 08:43 AM   #61
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:32 PM
i don't care.. what they went thru this was sick, sick unearthly thing to do to a defenseless animal... All the mental professionals in the world could not convince me otherwise.. Even my mom, who is a Psyhotherapist..

this just makes me so heartsick that I just can't wrap my mind around it.. I know that there is so much animal cruelty going on in this world but.. WHY.. VIDEOTAPE IT..?

And if this is a fake video.. all the more reason to prosecute these guys to the fullest extend of the law. Which is almost as sick as the actual act itself...

Old 03-05-2008, 12:23 PM   #62
The Fly

Local Time: 11:32 AM
I'm disgusted because I'm in the military and I EXPECT MORE from my fellow troops. I'm also a dog lover. However, what was the point of this whole thread? Was it to bring shame and further disgust upon the U.S. military? I wish all the great things these soldiers did got as much attention.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:43 PM   #63
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by unico

i personally believe that this has less to do with what soldiers experience and more to do with just having a stone cold heart. .
Yes. You could put me through all kinds of unspeakable things and I would still never pull a stunt like this. I firmly believe you have to have something backwards in your head to be capable of such cruelty EVER.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:56 PM   #64
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever
i don't care.. what they went thru
So you're more concerned about dogs than about your country's own soldiers who are (in theory, anyways) fighting and dying so that you don't have to.

Now those are some fine priorities.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:04 PM   #65
Blue Crack Addict

I agree with anitram and the others. Yes, of course what the soldiers go through is hell and there's no comparison, BUT I think you have to be a sick fuck to begin with to toss puppies, rape civilians, etc. My grandpa was a military man. He served on the front lines in Germany and France during WWII. He was part of the unit that discovered and liberated the Nordhausen concentration camp, which included the discovery of over 2000 dead bodies. There were civilian families living just down the road that insisted they didn't know what was going on. My grandpa's unit forced them to march over and help burry the dead. He was 19 years old at the time. That's one of the sickest things I can think of to happen to an impressionable young man, yet I never saw him kicking dogs or hurting anyone or anything. The military men and women I know think this dude is one sick fuck just like I do. I think it sort of undermines all those who do serve with honor and dignity when we automatically excuse people like this because they must have been so corrupted by war they can't know right from wrong. Sure, the atrocities of war help explain these things, but they do not excuse them.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:29 PM   #66
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje
Sure, the atrocities of war help explain these things, but they do not excuse them.
aptly put.

I'm a dog lover and it was pretty disgusting clip to watch.

dbs
Old 03-05-2008, 03:09 PM   #67
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje
Sure, the atrocities of war help explain these things, but they do not excuse them.
This is very well said, and I don't mean to say that these guys ought to get a pass. Obviously they're pretty messed up, and they need help. I'm just slightly disappointed that people are calling for them to be thrown into jail or court martialed, what have you. These are soldiers and they've obviously been affected to this point by the extreme situation they're in. They're young men, probably younger than I am (21), and they're coping with a situation none of us have been in and none of us can even fathom.

Everyone can do abhorrent things they would never imagine they could do if placed in a war zone. Let's take a step back and offer help before we condemn and treat them like murderers.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:11 PM   #68
Blue Crack Supplier

one wonders what the lowering of recruitment standards has to do with such situations.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:53 PM   #69
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC

So you're more concerned about dogs than about your country's own soldiers who are (in theory, anyways) fighting and dying so that you don't have to.

Now those are some fine priorities.
That's taking her quote out of context. She followed that by essentially saying it's NOT an excuse to do what they did. Of course what they went through is terrible, but it doesn't matter. You don't take it out on helpless creatures, or anyone for that matter.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:16 PM   #70
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:32 AM
The marine's Seattle-area family has been receiving death threats. Awful.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...marine05m.html
Old 03-05-2008, 07:17 PM   #71
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:32 PM
yeah that is awful.. leave the family alone...
Old 03-05-2008, 07:36 PM   #72
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:32 PM
How about I post a video of a line of U.S. soldiers being executed by a bullet to the head and then the bodies being drug through the streets. Guess how the video got out? One soldier was left alive to make sure it got into the hands of the U.S. media. Then you people will still talk about how cruel it was for puppy? fuck off. I'm a dog lover but give me a fucking break. This shit happens all the time. Here and over there. My brother has been there and back and has shown me his "home videos" of what is going on. Yes I feel bad for the dog but fuck. How about you watch the video of the Iraqi's slitting the throats of lambs? oh their food so its ok. right. How about the video I can show you of a soldier on the ground with his leg blown off, his hand blown of but sill alive long enough to say good bye to his wife? oh but a puppy got killed. How about the video I have of the aftermath of a IED and there is a Iraqi civilian's head laying in the street. Oh but a puppy was killed so its ok. You people have no fucking idea what goes on over there. I'm not saying what he did was right. I think it was stupid but more people are getting worked up over this than any of the people that have dies there. Aside from the familys of the dead soldiers.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:06 PM   #73
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

um, gherman. You can lay off the f-word, kay? There are better ways to make your point.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:25 PM   #74
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by gherman
I think it was stupid but more people are getting worked up over this than any of the people that have dies there. Aside from the familys of the dead soldiers.
I think this is a horrible leap of logic on your part.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:26 PM   #75
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by gherman
I'm not saying what he did was right. I think it was stupid but more people are getting worked up over this than any of the people that have dies there. Aside from the familys of the dead soldiers.
you have absolutely no idea how some of us are personally affected by this war. you have no idea who you are talking to and i think you shouldn't jump to such ridiculous and false generalizations. a simple breeze through the archive will show how many in this forum are upset about the accumulating loss of lives over there. the loss of lives of our friends and relatives comes up quite frequently when in iraq war threads.