American soldiers throw living puppy off cliff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gherman said:

I'm going to stop. Sorry about that Yolland. I lost one brother last year and my other baby brother is over there right now. I get a little heated up. I didn't mean to say nobody cares, my fingers type a little out of conrol when I'm mad. It just bothers me to see all of this attention on a national level for something like this when my brother got a little local attention when he died for nothing in my opinion but he chose to go and we supported him. My complaint is that if the guy threw a chicken of the cliff and died would people be saying the same stuff? Its has a life to. Sorry.

i am very sorry for your loss.

gherman said:

I'm going to stop. Sorry about that Yolland. I lost one brother last year and my other baby brother is over there right now. I get a little heated up. I didn't mean to say nobody cares, my fingers type a little out of conrol when I'm mad. It just bothers me to see all of this attention on a national level for something like this when my brother got a little local attention when he died for nothing in my opinion but he chose to go and we supported him. My complaint is that if the guy threw a chicken of the cliff and died would people be saying the same stuff? Its has a life to. Sorry.

i know i said i was sorry for your loss, but here's a very sincere virtual :hug: i hope your brother returns home safe and soon.

the first few days I skipped this thread

I did not even bother to open it

I thought it was about

how our soldiers are not cared for properly

I read the thread title this way:

American soldiers now living off puppy chow
:huh:

Liesje said:
I agree with anitram and the others. Yes, of course what the soldiers go through is hell and there's no comparison, BUT I think you have to be a sick fuck to begin with to toss puppies, rape civilians, etc. My grandpa was a military man. He served on the front lines in Germany and France during WWII. He was part of the unit that discovered and liberated the Nordhausen concentration camp, which included the discovery of over 2000 dead bodies. There were civilian families living just down the road that insisted they didn't know what was going on. My grandpa's unit forced them to march over and help burry the dead. He was 19 years old at the time. That's one of the sickest things I can think of to happen to an impressionable young man, yet I never saw him kicking dogs or hurting anyone or anything. The military men and women I know think this dude is one sick fuck just like I do. I think it sort of undermines all those who do serve with honor and dignity when we automatically excuse people like this because they must have been so corrupted by war they can't know right from wrong. Sure, the atrocities of war help explain these things, but they do not excuse them.

Very well put Liesje. :up:

Theres no excuse for doing this to an innocent animal or hurting another human.

Sorry to rain on everyone's outrage parade, but that video is a prank.

The puppy is already dead.

Fake whimpers added in after the fact, or done by a solider standing nearby. The scaling is wrong, no Doppler effect.

I'm surprised people fell for this so easily.

OK, please continue with your Two Minutes Hate session...

Last edited:
I do agree

I only watched it once before

and the yelping seemed off

too loud for where the puppy was at those yelps

but more telling

the pup does not move one bit, ever.

The problem, of course, is all the bad publicity surrounding Gitmo, Abu Ghraib and "torture" done by American soldiers.

This has conditioned many gullible people to believe that American soldiers throwing live puppies off of cliffs and laughing about it is something to be analyzed and debated, rather than having its authenticity seriously questioned.

There is no excuse for this dumb prank in light of this atmosphere of ill-will toward US soldiers, but that still doesn't let everyone who immediately condemned these two fools as heartless monsters off the hook, either.

4U2Play said:
Sorry to rain on everyone's outrage parade, but that video is a prank.

The puppy is already dead.

Fake whimpers added in after the fact, or done by a solider standing nearby. The scaling is wrong, no Doppler effect.

I'm surprised people fell for this so easily.

OK, please continue with your Two Minutes Hate session...
An actual troll wouldn't reference Orwell, are we so lacking in morons that somebody has to invent one?

JCOSTER said:
Members of the army are supposed to protect and defend our country.
What threat to them was that puppy? They certainly didn't protect nor were they defending it. They could have just let be and leave it where it was. Thats basically the bottom line of the whole topic, not which is more cruel.

Winding up seven pages worth of U2 fans and half the internet by throwing a dead puppy off a cliff and filming it might be disgusting, but hardly worth the moral outrage professed by so many herein, would you not agree.

still pissed that they threw the dead puppy... I am one who still thinks this was a heartless thing to do. still sick IMO.. :mad:
I mean come on, show some respect and compassion for a helpless animal dead or alive.

and if this was a prank, that was a f**ked up thing to do to people. I mean this story was all over the media including CNN.:censored: And does not excuse what they did one bit.

Last edited:
Wait...do we know for a fact it was a dead puppy? I mean, as opposed to talking out of our ass and saying it was dead?

Interesting that some people refuse to admit they were fooled, and believe that their initial reactions are still valid, even though those reactions are based on a misinterpretation of an internet video prank.

The fact that the video was on CNN shows how easily snookered some of our media leaders can be, never mind the general public, which is prone to believing anything. That's a far more interesting subject than chastising bored soldiers for making a crude video that fooled half the world.

One would hope people reserve their bottomless wells of outrage for acts that deserve it.

So 4U2Play,since you know all, please let us all know how did the puppy die in the first place?

CTU2fan said:
Wait...do we know for a fact it was a dead puppy? I mean, as opposed to talking out of our ass and saying it was dead?

Wait... why did you not first ask the question of whether the puppy was alive? I mean, as opposed to talking out of our ass for seven pages and saying how evil those soldiers are?

4U2Play said:
Interesting that some people refuse to admit they were fooled, and believe that their initial reactions are still valid, even though those reactions are based on a misinterpretation of an internet video prank.

The fact that the video was on CNN shows how easily snookered some of our media leaders can be, never mind the general public, which is prone to believing anything. That's a far more interesting subject than chastising bored soldiers for making a crude video that fooled half the world.

One would hope people reserve their bottomless wells of outrage for acts that deserve it.

Way to avoid the question. Consider the sources here: Watching the video on a major news network and getting chastised by someone online who says it is fake. Not that I'm defending the media here, as I rarely watch TV myself, but I don't see what is so horrible about asking you to provide a source.

indra said:
So 4U2Play,since you know all, please let us all know how did the puppy die in the first place?

Aha! Good try, indra. Attempt to insult the person while avoiding the argument. You lose.

I have it on good authority that those soldiers murdered that poor puppy by beating and strangling it first, then tossing it off the cliff.

Hope that satisfies :wink:

unico said:
Way to avoid the question. Consider the sources here: Watching the video on a major news network and getting chastised by someone online who says it is fake. Not that I'm defending the media here, as I rarely watch TV myself, but I don't see what is so horrible about asking you to provide a source.

Unico, I would argue that you are avoiding the question.

Can you explain why the puppy does not move at all, and why the audio of its squealing does not match the video of it flying through the air away from the camera?

CNN reports lots of bullshit stories, and this is just another one, in my opinion (surely, we don't need to write "in my opinion" after every comment made here, do we?)

"Don't believe what you hear, don't believe what you see..."

The visual image doesn't provide the answers that it once did, now that everyone has access to editing software, video and picture don't provide much for answers these days.

I don't know if this is completely real, or completely fake... the soldiers may be the only ones who will only know the whole truth.

There's all kinds of rumors and speculation online these days. Some say he admitted to it by saying the puppy was sick and he wasn't going to carry the puppy 10 miles where it still won't get the care it needed. Some say he did it to have his mentality questioned so he could leave the military, etc etc...

:shrug:

4U2Play said:

Wait... why did you not first ask the question of whether the puppy was alive? I mean, as opposed to talking out of our ass for seven pages and saying how evil those soldiers are?

OK so we're still talking out of our asses. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom