American soldiers throw living puppy off cliff - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2008, 02:45 PM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Canadiens1160

Yeah, to be honest this thread almost cracks me up, in a morbid kind of way. After everything else in Iraq and at GITMO...oh my god they're throwing puppies off cliffs, they've gone too far this time!
We've had numerous other threads on Iraq and other atrocities that have occured there, though, and we've all made our positions on them pretty clear. Perhaps, some other posters have made more frequent, and more eloquent statements than m e, but I haven't been a part of FYM for a long period of time. Search my posting history in FYM, though, and you'll see my clear opinion on the war in Iraq and the ways it's been conducted.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:56 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Ya know, this is just one puppy in Iraq. I wish people would just take a look at what happens to pets in their own hometown, much less around the world. I've seen some pretty sick stuff while volunteering at the local animal shelter, much worse than being thrown off a cliff and dying on impact.

If it is true, then the only two options I can bet one are that
a) The U.S. Army let yet another mental case slip into the ranks
b) The fact that this guy has probably seen the heads of his friends explode and entrails and stuff has desensitized him to this sort of violence.
Either way, he shouldn't be allowed to carry a weapon or represent the United States ever again.
And therapy. Serrrious therapy.

Or it could all just be a hoax. The validity of the video is being questioned all around.

Old 03-04-2008, 03:01 PM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life

Guys I'm not taking pot shots at individual posters. I was more commenting on the general news situation and why this is on the front page of ABC News' website.

I love you guys, I wouldn't go after an individual on Interference unless he/she is SUPER-retarded
Old 03-04-2008, 03:03 PM   #34
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by PlaTheGreat
Ya know, this is just one puppy in Iraq. I wish people would just take a look at what happens to pets in their own hometown, much less around the world. I've seen some pretty sick stuff while volunteering at the local animal shelter, much worse than being thrown off a cliff and dying on impact.

Personally, I react the same way when I hear about animal that's been tortured or killed on the local news. You could ask any of my family or friends about that. The cousin I've been baby-sitting for the past week hits her dog because she's seen her dad do the same. She smacked him hard on the mouth over the weekend, and I completely blew up at her for it and took the dog away from her. There was a thread posted about this incident, so I spoke up about it.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:04 PM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by unico
i'm pretty sure that most of the americans that reacted in this thread with disgust also oppose torture
I don't oppose waterboarding.
I think what the soldiers did was wrong.

dbs
Old 03-04-2008, 03:05 PM   #36
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

it is not yet known if this puppy was a Muslim or not.
Keith Oberman
Old 03-04-2008, 03:09 PM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by U2isthebest

Personal story...
I'm just saying that the overall media attention and the reaction of the majority of people on the internet has been over the top. It's being exploited simply because he's a marine in the U.S. army. I can almost hear all the people who hate the United States saying, "See what those loony U.S. soldiers are up to? THROWING PUPPIES."
Again, this has nothing to do with anyone on interference. I didn't quote anyone, I didn't say "you guys," it was just a general reaction to the masses.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:14 PM   #38
ONE
love, blood, life

Old 03-04-2008, 03:16 PM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by MadelynIris

Yes, human life cannot be compared to a dog.
That's debatable.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:40 PM   #40
Refugee

Local Time: 03:51 AM
but what about a puppy fetus?
Old 03-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #41
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 09:51 AM
I don't really understand what the "story" is here...it's not like the Marines have a pattern let alone a policy of summarily executing puppies in combat situations. As someone said earlier, bad PR I guess, but unfortunately it's nothing that sadistic young men don't amuse themselves by doing back here at home all the time.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 03-04-2008, 06:15 PM   #42
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:51 AM
Do you understand how de-sensitized these guys are? They watch there felloe soldiers get killed everyday, they watch civilians get blown up, they kell Iraqi soldiers, see bodies all over the place and body parts all over the place. Do you really think they are in the righ frame of mind and we can sit here in front a computer eating Twinkies and judge them. Give me a break
Old 03-04-2008, 06:20 PM   #43
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by gherman
Do you understand how de-sensitized these guys are? They watch there felloe soldiers get killed everyday, they watch civilians get blown up, they kell Iraqi soldiers, see bodies all over the place and body parts all over the place. Do you really think they are in the righ frame of mind and we can sit here in front a computer eating Twinkies and judge them. Give me a break
How dare you?!

I don't eat Twinkies!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 06:21 PM   #44
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:51 AM
Quote:
No kidding. I don't think any of us will ever be able to understand the soldier's frame of mind unless we go. I've got guys in my unit who've been to Afghanistan who've come back genuinely fucked up. We have four soldiers (of a unit of about sixty) there right now. And from all accounts, Iraq is a lot worse.

We don't know anything about this story. Judging these soldiers as inhuman animals and calling for them to be punished based on a twenty-second video is rushing to conclusions and simply shouldn't be done.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:33 PM   #45
Acrobat

Local Time: 08:51 AM
Quote:
This incident happened on Hawaii, not in Iraq.