American pilot drops 500 pound bomb, Kills 4 Canadians. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2002, 05:41 PM   #16
Ghost of Love

Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy:
Hey gabriel thats a pretty strong accusation.
I think we all need to tone it down a bit here.
You're probably right. Too bad I can't think of any other logical explanation why since I joined interference Ive had nothing but virus emails from such senders as "u2wire", "u2collect", "u2interfere" etc...the only other mailing list that has my email is Wire, and Ive been on there over 6 months without a problem...

Maybe its not 80s, but someone on this list is seriously trying to fuck with me...

Old 04-19-2002, 06:14 PM   #17
Banned

Location: my lovenest / in bed with Larry, Bono, Larry, :heart: Adam, Larry, Edge, *swoon* kisses and THUD !!!
Quote:
Originally posted by gabrielvox:
Too bad they most likely won't learn their lesson from this and PACK UP and come home?!?

"War, what is it good for...absolutely nothin, say it again!"
Yeah great idea you genius. Leave it all to the war-mongering americans to do as usual. After all, what/how could terrorism possibly affect your country anyway?

BTW, if it weren't for our military, your country would probably be overtaken and you'd be imprisoned or worse.

It is an unfortunate accident, and I am sorry for it just as I am sorry every time one of our boys gets killed by friendly or hostile fire. Like other folks here pointed out, it was an accident and the pilots obviously thought they were being attacked.

Are you aware of precautionary measures or standard procedure of what to do when an aircraft flies overhead? If it's an allied aircraft, you NEVER take any kind of aim or give that aircraft the impression that you would take aggressive actions against it. What I'm getting at, and may never be revealed, is that something made those pilots go against directives and drop the bomb. Something about the way they acted or manuevered on the ground. Think about it, the pilot(s) didn't just throw away his career for nothing.

We've lost a hell of a lot of people too you know, and we bother to help maintain justice and pursue peace around the world. So don't curse our planes too much, they are protecting you too.

Again, I am sorry for your lost comrades.

Old 04-19-2002, 06:53 PM   #18
Ghost of Love

Quote:
Originally posted by LOVE MUSCLE:
what/how could terrorism possibly affect your country anyway?

BTW, if it weren't for our military, your country would probably be overtaken and you'd be imprisoned or worse...
Please excuse me for a sec while I break out in uncontrollable laughter...

BROOOOUHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

If it wasnt for the US??? What? Who is trying to invade Canada? That's hilarious.

There are a few very good reasons why Canada is not a target for terrorism. Not that the 'reasons' the terrorists targeted the WTC could even remotely be considered valid. But when one involves themselves (some view it as an imposition) in other's affairs as much as the US historically has, one leaves themselves open to the extremist who doesn't appreciate your help, get what Im saying?

When I said the soldiers should pack up and come home, I meant all of them, not just the Canadians. From what I see in your American media, Im not the only one who thinks so.

Old 04-19-2002, 07:17 PM   #19
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 09:03 PM
Gabriel, exactly how would anyone here get your email address?

It's not public in your profile.
Old 04-19-2002, 07:18 PM   #20
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun

Local Time: 05:03 AM
Quote:

What did you do, follow me here? I note you didnt respond to this thread until I did.

Hahah.. I like this kid.. This foaming at the mouth gives us all a nice chuckle.. 80's only entered the thread cuz he read an emotionally driven pile of shit that tried to tread water as a 'Post' here in FYM.

However, I'd hold off on the 'Hunting Me' accusation, I've been Hunted down here in this forum before.. And Until you've been 'Shit Upon' in seven different threads for the same exact thing, I wouldn't jump so quickly to that conclusion. Nice thought though..

L.Unplugged

Old 04-19-2002, 07:21 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally posted by LOVE MUSCLE:

BTW, if it weren't for our military, your country would probably be overtaken and you'd be imprisoned or worse.

This is very true.. I've made this statement before, and I will make it again.. If the United States were ever to be overrun, invaded.. That would be the END of Freedom as this world knows it (Which is why at Times... Many Times, I feel we deserve a little more Credit than we receive).. I know.. A Radical and Sobering statement, Nonetheless a Very True Statement.

L.Unplugged
Old 04-19-2002, 07:24 PM   #22
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 11:03 PM
Quote:
Please excuse me for a sec while I break out in uncontrollable laughter...

BROOOOUHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!
Your arrogance is comforting, yet you wonder why you have made "enemies" with this type of attitude

Quote:
If it wasnt for the US??? What? Who is trying to invade Canada? That's hilarious.
Okay let me explain this a little bit s l o w e r so even you can understand:
You guys border us right? Right. Anybody who tries to invade you has to deal with us right? Right. We are the only thing stopping this from happening, face it, your military could not ward off any invasion/threat on it's own.
Quote:
There are a few very good reasons why Canada is not a target for terrorism.
You are not considered a "force to be reckoned with", the terrorists don't bother trying to make the biggest possible statement by attacking Canada.

Quote:
Not that the 'reasons' the terrorists targeted the WTC could even remotely be considered valid. But when one involves themselves (some view it as an imposition) in other's affairs as much as the US historically has, one leaves themselves open to the extremist who doesn't appreciate your help, get what Im saying?
Pardon me and all of us imposing americans. Join the ranks of those who protest us and claim to be oppressed by us yet come begging on their knees every time they get in a jam. Yet when we need your help, like in this instance for building a coalition, as usual we get a rather "limited" response at best.

Quote:
When I said the soldiers should pack up and come home, I meant all of them, not just the Canadians. From what I see in your American media, Im not the only one who thinks so.

SO I guess we should let the terrorists continue on, let them get stronger and wiser and have a bigger arsenal. And let those that fund them (saddam) continue on building their weapons that can destroy us all.

The funny thing is that those who enjoy peace the most, or are the safest in the world are those who cry loudest in opposition to the campaign for the preservation of peace.

Evil like this is very serious, and the mastermind MUST be stopped at ALL costs. The WTC is only a drop in the bucket if we don't cut them off now. We should have taken care of this a long time ago. We could have taken Saddam out in the Gulf war, and again several times in the early to mid 90's. We knew where bin laden was damn near all through the 90's but he was ignored.

Watch the movie 'Hannibal', in that movie (made in 2000), OBL was listed in a (albeit partially fictious) FBI most wanted list. Yet the only time our beloved Bill Clinton even bothered to lift a finger against terrorism was when he tried to divert the media attention from one of his various scandals by sending a couple of missels to a supposed "terrorist target".

As far as the "american media" is concerned, you must be misunderstanding them, or I'm really not even sure what you are watching. The media by nature is very liberal, yet they even seem to be reporting good on the war and our president. You see, our president enjoys an unprecedented 83% approval rating from the american public, as reported by our media.
Old 04-19-2002, 07:36 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally posted by z edge:
You are not considered a "force to be reckoned with", the terrorists don't bother trying to make the biggest possible statement by attacking Canada.
Unless they were to steal the Country's Supply of those Knee High Boots the Bounty's Wear.. If you think you've imagined Coniptions.. Geezus...

Still Love for Canada..,

L.Unplugged

Old 04-19-2002, 08:00 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:03 PM
gabrielvox:

You have quite a way of introducing yourself around here.

Everyone else:

Please look at the facts: the pilot was ordered NOT to fire on the ground troops when he radioed in for approval.

This doesn't make it any better, but MANY American soldiers have lot their lives in friendly fire as well. During the Gulf War, the first U.S. casualty was Lt. Schramm of Birmingham, Alabama's 117th Air Reconnaisance Wing, when his F-4 was shot down by American (or Allied) forces. I went to school and camp with his daughter, and they were from my community, and it was a sad site to see the family on the news at the memorial service. These things happen and they are unfortunate, but it is no reason to break a valued alliance, or create a new international conflict.

I get the feeling some people just look for a reason to oppose the U.S.

~U2Alabama
Old 04-19-2002, 10:39 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
And let me guess, 80s, being the devout Christian you are you support this war right?
What did you do, follow me here? I note you didnt respond to this thread until I did.
You know what else Ive noticed? Since you and I squared off over religion I have recieved no less than 20 virus emails, previously I have never EVER had even one. If you pray daily you'd better pray I don't find out they originated from you. And I will find out where they came from, believe me.
Sir, a political forum is for debating ideas. I was not targetting you. I disagreed with what you said, so I made my point. And yes, I do support this war.
As far as your idea that it might be me sending viruses, that's preposterous:
1)I don't know your email
2)I wouldn't send a virus to you, even if I did know your email
3)I don't even know how to send a virus
4)I wish you no harm
Old 04-19-2002, 10:42 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:03 AM
first of all this thread should not be about the sustainability of canada in a 'non-america' world. for one because, well, it's not gonna happen and two, well that's just not what the thread is about.

Quote:
Originally posted by gabrielvox
But when one involves themselves (some view it as an imposition) in other's affairs as much as the US historically has, one leaves themselves open to the extremist who doesn't appreciate your help, get what Im saying?
gabe, don't kid yourself. canada plays follow the leader in the shadow of the US. we have helped them in some of their actions and others we have not. but largely we have benefitted. the attacks on america were a small minded and gross misconception of reality. these terrorists saw evil for some reason in the ideals of capitalism. i am the first to admit, capitalism does most definetely have it's problems in our present world. but don't think for a second that toronto, ottawa, montreal, calgary or vancouver wouldn't have been just as valid a target. the only seperation, and it is admittedly a large one, is visibility on the global scale, the underlying ideals are present however.

for our conservative friends you are correct in stating that largely america have been the global protectors of freedom and safety. but remember, by and large, it is proportional to the advantages of the home nation. most countries employ this general rule, imo, and perhaps it is valid but it does predicate decisions in all but the most extreme cases.

imo.
Old 04-19-2002, 10:51 PM   #27
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama:

I get the feeling some people just look for a reason to oppose the U.S.

~U2Alabama
I feel the same way.
Old 04-19-2002, 10:55 PM   #28
New Yorker

I think what is really at fault in this latest friendly fire incident is the military mindset, which means any military in any country.

This isnt the 1st time a keyed up serviceman has ignored orders or got a nervy trigger finger (the 3 most famous i can think of are The Boston Massacre preceding the American Revolution, The Charge of the Light Brigade, and the 1905 massacre of Russian peasants in front of the St Petersburg Winter palace by the Tsar's troops).

The best form of inquiry would be one that examined the chain of command, for if this pilot was ordered not to drop his bombs and still did, there must be some problem with the delivery/context/information contained in the orders he received.

I think the blame rests with the pilot, but if we are to prevent these kinds of misunderstandings/incidents/needless deaths, then we need to look at why he did what he did, and how that can be addressed. I dont think this is a question of involvement in afghanistan, because as ive shown, this is a wider issue that streches across many nations and many eras.

[This message has been edited by brettig (edited 04-19-2002).]
Old 04-20-2002, 03:39 AM   #29
Ghost of Love

And let me guess, 80s, being the devout Christian you are you support this war right?

You know what else Ive noticed? Since you and I squared off over religion I have recieved no less than 20 virus emails, previously I have never EVER had even one. If you pray daily you'd better pray I don't find out they originated from you. And I will find out where they came from, believe me.
Old 04-20-2002, 03:41 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:03 AM
Quote:
If you pray daily you'd better pray I don't find out they originated from you. And I will find out where they came from, believe me.
dem's are fightin' words boy.
so now this is grounds for a war?