346 similarities between christ and chrishna - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2004, 02:36 AM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by coemgen
Where's the love?
Who said Krishna didnt believe in Love.

You said its EMPTY only because you have been told that anything that you dont actually believe in MUST be EMPTY..

So the emptiness lies within..not outside..

And Hare Krishna - the lesser its said the better..its all commercial

Old 12-03-2004, 07:48 AM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Danospano
I love this topic, because I recently read a book called 'The Hiram Key" and it mentioned similarities in several religions that preceeding Christianity (Virgin's giving birth to babies, a peaceful human somehow being the offspring of a god, fables about floods and heroics, etc).

One of the main reasons I question all religions is because they so closely resemble ancient religions that we are told are paganistic or foolish concepts of the uncivilized. This connect to Krishna is yet another example and proves that religion is based on faith/stories dealing with mystical entities that watch over us.
give 'aryan sun myths: the origin of religions' a read if you liked that book.

it seems that most major religions are just an extention of the ancients' reverence for the sun.

Quote:
'You say we worship the sun; so do you.'
Church Father Tertullian ('Ad nationes')

Old 12-03-2004, 07:52 AM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by AcrobatMan
Everything you wrote about Krishna and his history is INCORRECT.

from his spelling, his mother's name, friend's name and how Krishna forgave...., about Krishna's special friend, about birth of Krishna, about shepherds coming to visit, about how he died.., everything, everything...

Everything is WRONG.. its PLAIN and SIMPLE wrong

Where you got this stuff..
i'm not quite sure what the tone of this post was supposed to be, but i'll clarify anyway that i didn't come up with the list - i just posted it for discussion. so if you'd like to bring up points that contradict the list, i think it would do well to continue the dialogue.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:35 AM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Se7en

i'm not quite sure what the tone of this post was supposed to be, but i'll clarify anyway that i didn't come up with the list - i just posted it for discussion. so if you'd like to bring up points that contradict the list, i think it would do well to continue the dialogue.
The tone is utter surprise. ( in a friendly way).

I said EVERYTHING about Krishna you have written is wrong except possibly some of them . I dont know where to start from - spelling, birth, birthdate,cause of death, father's occupation, mother's name... ...

I would appreciate if you check anything before posting.. I mean I dont want 100% accuracy... Even a 20-30% authentic article would do for me..I am afraid whoever had made this list..doesnt know anything...atleast on one side...

I think you would take this in a good way...

Assume what happens when I say
1) Christ was born in a prison
2) Christ's father was a king
3) Christ's mother's name was something that is something like Devaki or Yashoda ..
...birthday..death date..forgiveness...everything is WRONG..

well i can tell 133 such things..which are not simply true... wonder why people compile such FAKE list.

I suggest you to do a google search and find out things yourself
I am sure you would appreciate it.

At the end I am not saying this is correct or that is wrong...There are different people who believe different things.. I am not saying this person existed or not existed..or whatever this God better than that or whether or not they are same.....But if there is a belief..it should be presented correctly..

The only similarity is both Jesus Christ and Krishna are considered God by different set of people.. ( with some overlap I suppose)...
Now there are diverse views if we go into details.

But I suppose you know what I am meaning..

AcrobatMan
Old 12-03-2004, 08:44 AM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie

AcrobatMan, I never said Krishna didn't believe in love, but I have to question a faith that includes such an "empty" idea such as reincarnation. Basically, who you are now means nothing in the scheme of things, it's all about who your working toward being and hoping you come back as something "better." I know there's aspects of the faith that are beautiful, but there are some that aren't. I'm not living to "hope" that I come back a better person next time and not an animal of some sort, I'm living to glorify God who created me, loves me and died for me so I could live with him forever. And I can do this not based on works, but his grace. That's the love I'm talking about. Hinduism depends too much on works. I don't know if you believe in reincarnation, but do you think the way you've lived your life is good enough to keep you from coming back as a dog? Frankly, there's things I've done in my life that would cause me to come back as a freaking worm, but because of God's grace, not my works, I'm forgiven. Does that make sense?
Old 12-03-2004, 09:27 AM   #36
She's the One

Local Time: 03:43 PM
Quote:
a faith that includes such an "empty" idea such as reincarnation. ..... And I can do this not based on works, but his grace. That's the love I'm talking about. Hinduism depends too much on works. I don't know if you believe in reincarnation, but do you think the way you've lived your life is good enough to keep you from coming back as a dog? Frankly, there's things I've done in my life that would cause me to come back as a freaking worm, but because of God's grace, not my works, I'm forgiven. Does that make sense?
No. Not really. You're still showing a lack of understanding of reincarnation. Humans don't reincarnate as animals. Reincarnation puts all the responsiblity for advancement on the individual, something which Christianity is greatly missing as far as I'm concerned. Also, other faiths include reincarnation as a tenet of the religion, not just Hinduism. Expand your reading list. You might be interested to learn more about the subject.

Relying on "grace" allows for entirely too many excuses for screw-ups by too many people. Let's revisit that famous bumpersticker: "I'm not perfect, just forgiven." That thing always bugged the hell out of me.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:28 AM   #37
She's the One

Quote:

I said EVERYTHING about Krishna you have written is wrong except possibly some of them .
What the hell does this mean?
Old 12-03-2004, 09:50 AM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Well I'm glad people can't reincarnate into animals.
Still, it sounds like a very humanistic faith if you focus on advancement for the individual. Christianity has the ultimate "advancement" if you will — eternity with God, who will reward us where it's due. But it focuses more on how we glorify God, not how we "obtain advancement."
And Grace isn't a cruch to lean on. I can't sin and justify it by saying "oh, I'll just ask for forgiveness." God's not going to show that person grace if they're not truly sorry for what they've done.
At the same time, there is no true forgiveness without grace. And grace is a hard thing for people to accept, because it's too simple. We feel we have to earn forgiveness or earn salvation, but how can that be possible? Forgiveness is always a gift, we just have to accept it.
As far as the bumper sticker, I hate it too. It's cocky.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:56 AM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

What the hell does this mean?
if you see the list, his mother's name, father occupation, birthday, how he died... his special friend..find out who Nanda who..

as they say GOOGLE it
Old 12-03-2004, 10:05 AM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie

coemgen

well what can i say.. you leave me with no comments
Old 12-03-2004, 10:42 AM   #41
She's the One

Quote:

if you see the list, his mother's name, father occupation, birthday, how he died... his special friend..find out who Nanda who..

as they say GOOGLE it
You said EVERYTHING was wrong except for a few things. Then EVERYTHING isn't wrong there, is it?
Old 12-03-2004, 10:44 AM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:43 PM
Thanks for the logical argument, martha.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:45 AM   #43
She's the One

Quote:

And Grace isn't a cruch to lean on. I can't sin and justify it by saying "oh, I'll just ask for forgiveness." God's not going to show that person grace if they're not truly sorry for what they've done.
So a Christian can be thrown into the deepest levels of Hell if he's says he's sorry but he really isn't?! That'll be news to some Christians, won't it?

Oh, and once again "humanist" is a modern term. I'm not sure it can applied to a religion that's been around for a few thousand years. And isn't "humanist" at all.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:48 AM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
In fairness, however, one purported similarity needs to be discredited. Skeptics sometimes cite Kersey Graves in Sixteen Crucified Saviors or Godfrey Higgin's Anacalypsis (which Graves drew from) in asserting that Krishna was a crucified deity. No such event occurred in the Gita or in any recognized Hindu scripture. Given the pronounced syncretic tendency of Hinduism, it is safe to assume that any odd tales of Krishna's being crucified arose only after the existence of Christian proselytism, in imitation of the Christian narrative. It is neither authentic to Hinduism nor is Hinduism the source of that portion of the Christian narrative. The same may be said for most of the purported nativity stories. In my opinion, both Higgins and Graves are highly unreliable sources and should be ignored.

That notwithstanding, the existence of uncanny similarities in concept and phraseology in those Hindu writings that are both ancient and authentic leaves Christians in a difficult quandary. With the historical reality of Indian influence on the Middle East being an established fact, how can they account for these similarities with anything less feeble than coincidence, or less bizarre than the notion of "Satanic foreknowledge and duplication," which is sometimes invoked to explain the similarities of Judeo-Christian precursors?

I'll close with Ecclesiastes 1:10 , another inconvenient and uncomfortable passage: "Is there anything whereof it may be said, See, this is new? It hath been already of old time, which was before us."
http://www.infidels.org/library/maga...3/3hare94.html

graves is the person who wrote the list in the first place. very interesting indeed. perhaps we should transition to general ancient influence on christianity instead.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:51 AM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha

So a Christian can be thrown into the deepest levels of Hell if he's says he's sorry but he really isn't?! That'll be news to some Christians, won't it?
There will be a few surprises on Judgement Day for those who use God's name as an excuse, when they don't allow him into their lives.