2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIV: May This Entertainment Never End - Page 55 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-18-2016, 03:47 PM   #811
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 80,058
Local Time: 04:15 AM
I'm surprised there wasn't some other big scandal leak before the debate this time.
__________________

__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 10-18-2016, 04:06 PM   #812
New Yorker
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 2,543
Local Time: 12:15 PM
Day isn't over
__________________

__________________
BEAL is offline  
Old 10-18-2016, 04:19 PM   #813
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 9,687
Local Time: 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Should make for some entertaining intensely uncomfortable viewing.
Fixed.
__________________
namkcuR is offline  
Old 10-18-2016, 07:11 PM   #814
Blue Crack Supplier
 
dazzledbylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: in the sound dancing - w Bono & Edge :D
Posts: 32,546
Local Time: 07:15 AM


Dieman since I know you arew in here alot...

I can't seem to log into site on my tablet! It started without warning about ?5 weeks ago I texted a friend from I-land to ask her to ask what might be wrong. So she and otther friends in other thread suggested I clear my cookies and cache.

I did... it worked.. once.

DId same procedure many oher times since then with no luck.
I'm on here now because I am using the library's computer!


If you come up with anything please answer me in Plebans - since our thread is slow now I'm sure to see answer a few days after you post it there.

(It's why I haen't commented on anything in these past weeks).

thanks to you and anyone else for help!
__________________
dazzledbylight is offline  
Old 10-18-2016, 07:15 PM   #815
Blue Crack Supplier
 
dazzledbylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: in the sound dancing - w Bono & Edge :D
Posts: 32,546
Local Time: 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
We've had several threads, so yeah, you missed it.





This is so sad, on so many levels. I mean I know where it comes from, and a Mack truck full of facts could hit you and you still wouldn't see it, but it's just sad.

Yeah Hillary is flawed, but Trump is dangerous.

A serial fabricator
An authoritarian
An assailant
He won't take nuking Europe off the table
He wants to remove bases from countries unless they pay him
He wants to track people of certain religions


But oh yeah Benghazi and the 13 Republican lead investigations that couldn't come up with anything


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
ANd don't forget that the Republicans would NOT increase funding for security in Bhengazi BEFORE that slaughter happened! They kept pleading...but ...nope .
__________________
dazzledbylight is offline  
Old 10-18-2016, 08:21 PM   #816
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 52,776
Local Time: 11:15 PM
I didn't realise the third debate was this soon.

LN7, in short, I'm giving to everything Gump has said. (I also don't think he was being patronising when he mentioned the gay community.)

You said in your original post that "muslims have a responsibility to help show people that they're normal people just like everyone else".

We're saying that absofuckinglutely do not have that responsibility. Or they shouldn't have. If they choose to do that, great. But it is pretty asinine to say that they have a responsibility to prove to all us racist white people that they don't like terrorism. It should be OUR fucking responsibility to reach out and try to be more inclusive. The onus should NEVER, ever be on a minority group to take responsibility to prove they're good people after something bad is done by someone who claims they're also of that minority. Never.

Because as a white person, if a fellow white person, or fellow white man, does something awful, I never have to come out and say "oh hey we're not all bad". It's taken as granted.
__________________
cobl04 is offline  
Old 10-18-2016, 08:25 PM   #817
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 18,700
Local Time: 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
I didn't realise the third debate was this soon.

LN7, in short, I'm giving to everything Gump has said. (I also don't think he was being patronising when he mentioned the gay community.)

You said in your original post that "muslims have a responsibility to help show people that they're normal people just like everyone else".

We're saying that absofuckinglutely do not have that responsibility. Or they shouldn't have. If they choose to do that, great. But it is pretty asinine to say that they have a responsibility to prove to all us racist white people that they don't like terrorism. It should be OUR fucking responsibility to reach out and try to be more inclusive. The onus should NEVER, ever be on a minority group to take responsibility to prove they're good people after something bad is done by someone who claims they're also of that minority. Never.

Because as a white person, if a fellow white person, or fellow white man, does something awful, I never have to come out and say "oh hey we're not all bad". It's taken as granted.
Completely agreed on all of this.
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 10-18-2016, 08:36 PM   #818
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Fez
Posts: 23,872
Local Time: 06:15 AM
78830273519483
__________________
mikal is online now  
Old 10-18-2016, 08:56 PM   #819
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 11,038
Local Time: 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
I didn't realise the third debate was this soon.



LN7, in short, I'm giving to everything Gump has said. (I also don't think he was being patronising when he mentioned the gay community.)



You said in your original post that "muslims have a responsibility to help show people that they're normal people just like everyone else".



We're saying that absofuckinglutely do not have that responsibility. Or they shouldn't have. If they choose to do that, great. But it is pretty asinine to say that they have a responsibility to prove to all us racist white people that they don't like terrorism. It should be OUR fucking responsibility to reach out and try to be more inclusive. The onus should NEVER, ever be on a minority group to take responsibility to prove they're good people after something bad is done by someone who claims they're also of that minority. Never.



Because as a white person, if a fellow white person, or fellow white man, does something awful, I never have to come out and say "oh hey we're not all bad". It's taken as granted.

He never means to be patronizing, he just can't help it. Sort of like the last time when he told me I didn't know what I was talking about in regards to my own family origins

I never said anyone had to "prove" themselves. Yes, WE have a responsibility. Every community who wants it to change has a responsibility to do their part. The mistake you're making here is that much like gump, you think you can inherently speak for them because of your understanding of them. But you can't ever actually fully understand them, because you're not them. The best you can do is do your part. Everyone has a part, from a broad perspective.

That doesn't mean every individual. That means every general perspective. Your point about white people doesn't mean anything. White people are fully accepted by the majority because they are the majority.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 10-18-2016, 09:16 PM   #820
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 16,342
Local Time: 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
The mistake you're making here is that much like gump, you think you can inherently speak for them because of your understanding of them. But you can't ever actually fully understand them, because you're not them.
as someone who is part of "the LGBT community", all i have to say is that you couldn't be more wrong about this, and i'm a bit surprised to hear you take such an exclusionary tone.
__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 10-18-2016, 09:19 PM   #821
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 11,038
Local Time: 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
as someone who is part of "the LGBT community", all i have to say is that you couldn't be more wrong about this.

Are you referring to me or are you referring to you?
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 10-18-2016, 09:20 PM   #822
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 16,342
Local Time: 07:15 AM
myself.
__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 10-18-2016, 09:25 PM   #823
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddam place
Posts: 41,818
Local Time: 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
as someone who is part of "the LGBT community", all i have to say is that you couldn't be more wrong about this, and i'm a bit surprised to hear you take such an exclusionary tone.

Oh c'mon. You guys are as monolithic as "the black community." Don't you have a spokesperson like they do?


Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 10-18-2016, 09:31 PM   #824
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 11,038
Local Time: 08:15 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by an "exclusionary tone," Dave. I'm not excluding anyone. I've explicitly said that everyone has their role in order to create social justice. But if you think it's exclusionary to believe that someone from a minority group has an inherent better understanding of themselves versus someone who is trying to help them, I don't really know what to say.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 10-18-2016, 09:32 PM   #825
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 11,038
Local Time: 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
Oh c'mon. You guys are as monolithic as "the black community." Don't you have a spokesperson like they do?


Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Seriously?
__________________

__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com