2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIII - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2016, 02:58 AM   #166
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:37 AM
Nate Silver, which most of the people on the left seem to believe is credible
has his poll totals, the one that includes the economy and history, has Fl, OH, NV and NC projected Trump

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...forecast/#plus

I think his map puts it at 272 - 266

So Trump only needs to win one more state, than what 538 says is most likely????

Old 09-17-2016, 03:20 AM   #167
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:37 AM
Your critical mistake is assuming that everything minus that one state is set. In the world of probability, all of those states are still up for grabs. One singular projection is just one possible combination. The particular odds of that exact map happening, but with one state flipped for a Trump win, is very small. He doesn't need just one state...

Old 09-17-2016, 03:33 AM   #168
Blue Crack Addict

That's not my map it's Nate Silver's map and again I said I expect Clinton to win, somewhere in the 280 vote range, she could go over 300 but I don't think go past 330
Old 09-17-2016, 04:30 AM   #169
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
Incompetence is dangerous, W proved that
Hillary 2016 has proven to be incompetent.
Former is true. Latter is debatable.

That's okay, Trump still has to prove to be remotely competent.

Unless you consider that bigoted, racist, woman hating, military insulting idiot to be fit for the White House. And now the latest nugget about Hillary's bodyguards dropping guns in gun crazy country...I don't even wanna know what BVS is getting at "nuking Europe" idea he had.

But hey, US did give the world a gift of 8 years of Dubya...so maybe this clown will get in too.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:26 AM   #170
War Child

Local Time: 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Oh PLEASE.

The most cautious politician ever is dangerous to the country? That's absolute nonsense and you know it. "Incredibly" dangerous? You can't believe that. She's not so far from mainstream conservative thought. She understands how government works. She's a defender of the status quo. She's reasonable and informed and hard working.

You can't in any serious way believe she's *dangerous* to the country, or the world.

You may prefer the politics of the maybe-billionaire Donald Trump. You may be a racist. You may not like her. But you cannot think in any way, shape, or form, that she's somehow a danger to life on earth as we know it.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...bile.html?_r=0

According to the New York Times, 47% of people believe electing Clinton is a safe choice, while 51% believe it to be a risky choice.

You may not think it, but people certainly can think it. And do. In rather large numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 09-17-2016, 09:28 AM   #171
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

For anyone keeping an eye on the third-party candidates...

Quote:
With extremely high unfavorable ratings (Clinton at 59 percent, Trump at 60 percent), the popularity of third-party candidates has been the topic of a lot of debate this election cycle. Johnson, who has enjoyed around 11 percent support in the past few weeks, claims is he the answer to voters' dissatisfaction with both major party candidates. Stein—who has consistently held on to about 4 percent of the vote—has tried to woo over progressive Bernie Sanders supporters after his defeat in the Democratic primaries. The open question is how much support they will actually receive on Election Day.

While the data show that the third-party candidates are hurting Clinton more than Trump, we know very little about the supporters of Johnson and Stein mainly because most traditional polls do not have large enough samples sizes to analyze these groups. The large number of respondents in the NBC News|SurveyMonkey Weekly Tracking poll allows for a closer look at where Johnson and Stein seem to be making headway with voters; they may also show where Clinton and Trump have vulnerabilities with certain groups of voters.
Poll: How Third-Party Candidates Could Affect the 2016 Race - NBC News

If what I bolded is true, then this country is screwed.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:30 AM   #172
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...bile.html?_r=0

According to the New York Times, 47% of people believe electing Clinton is a safe choice, while 51% believe it to be a risky choice.

You may not think it, but people certainly can think it. And do. In rather large numbers.

Right, but how many of them would rather have Clinton over Trump?

I think Clinton is untrustworthy and corrupt to some degree, but she is far better than Trump. At least she isn't getting, or trying to get, cozy with Putin.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:36 AM   #173
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:37 AM
2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIII

I think everyone here is speaking a little too definitively about where this election is headed. We haven't even had any presidential or vice presidential debates. At this point in the election cycle both McCain and Romney were tied with Obama. Everyone was falling all over themselves to declare Romney the next President after Obama's dismal first debate.

I think it's a little premature to assume that current trends will only continue on in Trump's favor until November.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:36 AM   #174
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
I think Clinton is untrustworthy and corrupt to some degree, but she is far better than Trump. At least she isn't getting, or trying to get, cozy with Putin.
Both candidates get comfortable/matey with unsavoury-slash-dangerous world leaders/figures. It's a nil-all draw in that respect.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:38 AM   #175
War Child

Local Time: 07:37 AM
Quote:

I'm not really arguing against that. Maybe 50-60% of the time, I agree with that.

However, just to play devil's advocate, one could make the argument that the democrat's attempts to rekindle a Cold War-esque tone toward Russia is at least equally as dangerous as Trump's fanboying

Old 09-17-2016, 09:51 AM   #176
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
I'm not really arguing against that. Maybe 50-60% of the time, I agree with that.

However, just to play devil's advocate, one could make the argument that the democrat's attempts to rekindle a Cold War-esque tone toward Russia is at least equally as dangerous as Trump's fanboying

This is something that is particularly evident to me, given my perspective and also the plethora of silly to downright ridiculous thinkpieces on Russia that seemed to get churned out at the rate of knots.

I want to reiterate that I despise and strongly oppose Putin, but Western coverage of Russia is - for the most part - poor and often bordering on the cartoonish.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:58 AM   #177
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2girl View Post
But hey, US did give the world a gift of 8 years of Dubya...so maybe this clown will get in too.
if trump wins he will make gwb look like john fucking kennedy.
Old 09-17-2016, 10:15 AM   #178
Blue Crack Addict

Pneumonia Virus Terrified After Remembering What Clintons Capable Of - The Onion - America's Finest News Source
Old 09-17-2016, 10:41 AM   #179
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
if trump wins he will make gwb look like john fucking kennedy.
Indeed.

Old 09-17-2016, 01:00 PM   #180
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I find this to be a somewhat reasonable post, Anybody that is all in for either of the two candidates is seriously overlooking issues they both have.
It seems like a lot of people on here have no problem pointing out the flaws with Trump and quite a few of them think Clinton is going to be a fabulous president. Sure, they say she has a couple of minor issues. I see them both being poor candidates and likely not good presidents. I am very certain Clinton will be a very bad president, that said I'm not enthused about Trump but I just can't sit back with everybody and agree that Clinton will be a good president.