2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VIII - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-03-2016, 01:31 PM   #316
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 12:45 PM
Lena is a jack ass regardless of her gender,

are we at a point that we can not have an opinion of someone if they are a certain gender or race?
__________________

__________________
deep is offline  
Old 05-03-2016, 01:38 PM   #317
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
Lena is a jack ass regardless of her gender,

are we at a point that we can not have an opinion of someone if they are a certain gender or race?


you were repeatedly upset by how frequently she takes off her clothes and has sex with Patrick Wilson on a ping-pong table.

BMP called her a man-hater.

decide for yourself where that point is.
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 05-03-2016, 01:47 PM   #318
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BigMacPhisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,262
Local Time: 03:45 PM
It's kind of bizarre that you're holding on to some comment I made months ago about Lena Dunham...jesus.

And you're basically arguing that Sanders is a sexist because he wants to be the Democratic nominee.
__________________
BigMacPhisto is offline  
Old 05-03-2016, 01:49 PM   #319
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 12:45 PM
here is the deal on her art,
I followed the advice of others and just stopped watching the show, please go back and look and see where I have said anything about that for?? years??
to be fair as a long time paid subscriber of HBO, I watched everything they do and liked the first couple of episodes, having gone to the theater and watched her movie, Tiny Furniture, I was a fan. Then the series went a direction not for me so I opted out. My opinion on her is based on all the stuff I see in the news and read in my daily newspaper outside of her show or art.
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 05-03-2016, 01:55 PM   #320
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
It's kind of bizarre that you're holding on to some comment I made months ago about Lena Dunham...jesus.

And you're basically arguing that Sanders is a sexist because he wants to be the Democratic nominee.


i think such comments are part of the larger problem of structural sexism, and double standards. i think it's absolutely true that HRC is who she is because of her gender, and that Sanders can do things that she can't. i think the same thing is true of Obama and racism -- that he has to navigate the world differently than he would if he were white.

i do find Sanders' new stance on the superdelegates -- that, somehow, they need to be released -- and his dismissal that the entire thing is "rigged" is dismissive of a candidate who is soundly beating him by most measures. by no understanding is there any basis for a contested convention. he's trailing by three million votes. the only reason he isn't trailing by more delegates is because of the caucuses. yes, we can point towards Obama's caucus victories, but we were dealing then with record turnout, whereas Sanders can make no such claim. plus, he's lost every single key swing state. and, overall, 2008 was much, much closer. there's a growing lack of respect for HRC and her voters that strikes me as vintage old man chauvinism. his refusal to recognize her accomplishments.

i did not see this, at all, by the way, in the beginning. the campaign seems to have changed as of late. these are, for me, recent developments.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 05-03-2016, 01:56 PM   #321
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
It's kind of bizarre that you're holding on to some comment I made months ago about Lena Dunham...jesus.

And you're basically arguing that Sanders is a sexist because he wants to be the Democratic nominee.


it's called playing the (black) card

one does this when they do not have sufficient argument to win their point of view, so the concept is to label the opposition biased or bigoted, why not just go with the facts and legitimate arguments, my record is clear, I was all in for Hillary in 2008, that Hillary was a better candidate than Hillary 2016, I can also say I was all in for McCain 2000 (vs 2000 W), that McCain was a much better candidate that McCain 2008, that I did not support, it was never about gender or age, only that candidate at that time and place.
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 05-03-2016, 01:56 PM   #322
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
here is the deal on her art,
I followed the advice of others and just stopped watching the show, please go back and look and see where I have said anything about that for?? years??
to be fair as a long time paid subscriber of HBO, I watched everything they do and liked the first couple of episodes, having gone to the theater and watched her movie, Tiny Furniture, I was a fan. Then the series went a direction not for me so I opted out. My opinion on her is based on all the stuff I see in the news and read in my daily newspaper outside of her show or art.

the past season was the best season since the first. it really was good.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 05-03-2016, 01:58 PM   #323
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
it's called playing the (black) card

one does this when they do not have sufficient argument to win their point of view, so the concept is to label the opposition biased or bigoted, why not just go with the facts and legitimate arguments, my record is clear, I was all in for Hillary in 2008, that Hillary was a better candidate than Hillary 2016, I can also say I was all in for McCain 2000 (vs 2000 W), that McCain was a much better candidate that McCain 2008, that I did not support, it was never about gender or age, only that candidate at that time and place.


and the only thing worse is accusing someone else of playing the, as you say, (black) card. as if it's worse than actual racism or sexism, and a way of denying that these biases don't exist unless they are called out by a white and/or male person.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 05-03-2016, 02:04 PM   #324
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
the past season was the best season since the first. it really was good.

I've heard that and I am kind of conflicted there are a lot of things about the show I liked, also I did have to question myself about the nudity, was I having a double standard, I found the nakedness did not bother me, it was the way she wrote the behavior of the characters, again her choice for her fans, and its okay if I didn't like it, voted with my remote
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 05-03-2016, 02:06 PM   #325
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
and the only thing worse is accusing someone else of playing the, as you say, (black) card. as if it's worse than actual racism or sexism, and a way of denying that these biases don't exist unless they are called out by a white and/or male person.
I am tempted to go back and look at 2008, I seem to recall you being so all in for Obama and writing stuff that suggested that Hillary and her supporters (people like me) were playing the gender card.
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 05-03-2016, 02:12 PM   #326
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 12:45 PM
too beautiful for words


Quote:
Trump was discussing the elder Cruz’s pitch to evangelicals with the hosts of “Fox and Friends.” Rafael Cruz has exhorted Christians to vote for his son, to avoid what he said would lead to the destruction of the country if Trump becomes president. Trump called his efforts “disgraceful."

"It's disgraceful that his father can go out and do that. And just – and so many people are angry about it,” Trump said. “And the evangelicals are angry about it, the way he does that. And you know, there's a whole thing and, you know, his father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald's being -- you know, shot.

“I mean, the whole thing is ridiculous. What is this, right prior to his being shot, and nobody brings it up. They don't even talk about that,” Trump said on Fox.

He added, "I mean, what was he doing with Lee Harvey Oswald shortly before the death, before the shooting? It's horrible.”
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 05-03-2016, 02:16 PM   #327
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
it's called playing the (black) card



one does this when they do not have sufficient argument to win their point of view, so the concept is to label the opposition biased or bigoted

You do realize you're responding to the poster that said women don't think for themselves and blacks are voting because she served under a black man, JUST because they weren't voting his way.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 05-03-2016, 02:17 PM   #328
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
BMP called her a man-hater.

decide for yourself where that point is.

shame

where would he get that idea

Lena Would ‘Kill Herself’ If She Awoke As a Man -- The Cut
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 05-03-2016, 02:23 PM   #329
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
I am tempted to go back and look at 2008, I seem to recall you being so all in for Obama and writing stuff that suggested that Hillary and her supporters (people like me) were playing the gender card.


You may be right. You'd think I'd be more pro-Sanders. I was, at least more than I am now after this past week.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 05-03-2016, 02:29 PM   #330
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,378
Local Time: 03:45 PM
deep, if you supported Clinton in 2008, and you now support Donald Trump..

I think everyone can be forgiven for not being their exact former selves in 2008. 8 years is a long time to change. Lots of us probably shudder upon reading our pasts.
__________________

__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com