2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VII - Page 46 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-14-2016, 05:56 PM   #676
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,493
Local Time: 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_Again View Post
I don't think even if Hillary is the president, I don't think she can't get that much done with this congress full of obstructive republicans.

so get your boy Bernie to get off his ass and take all his enthusiasm and money and help the Democrats win back the Senate.
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 04-14-2016, 06:00 PM   #677
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,493
Local Time: 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
There is no downside to taking a far-leftist stance

unless, of course, you alienate the middle.
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 04-14-2016, 06:09 PM   #678
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 07:38 PM
Or you galvanize the right...
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 04-14-2016, 06:09 PM   #679
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,373
Local Time: 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
so get your boy Bernie to get off his ass and take all his enthusiasm and money and help the Democrats win back the Senate.

Oh cmon. You know the minute Sanders leaves the race he will return to irrelevance and go the way of Ron Paul.

Don't you think it's a bit ridiculous that you guys are arguing over this? "Your boy Bernie" sounds so sports team politics. Blah blah blah Bernie Bros, Clintonistas, Obama Boys, PUMA, whatever label you want to slap. Those attempts to label an entire group of people as one are a weak way of attacking a campaign. I'd reserve those labels for something pathetic, like Donald Trump's followers. As for every other campaign, I think it's just weak. Enough already.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 04-14-2016, 06:31 PM   #680
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Oh cmon. You know the minute Sanders leaves the race he will return to irrelevance and go the way of Ron Paul.

Don't you think it's a bit ridiculous that you guys are arguing over this? "Your boy Bernie" sounds so sports team politics. Blah blah blah Bernie Bros, Clintonistas, Obama Boys, PUMA, whatever label you want to slap. Those attempts to label an entire group of people as one are a weak way of attacking a campaign. I'd reserve those labels for something pathetic, like Donald Trump's followers. As for every other campaign, I think it's just weak. Enough already.

So only one extreme group is deserving of labels?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 04-14-2016, 06:33 PM   #681
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,493
Local Time: 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Oh cmon. You know the minute Sanders leaves the race he will return to irrelevance and go the way of Ron Paul.

Don't you think it's a bit ridiculous that you guys are arguing over this? "Your boy Bernie" sounds so sports team politics. Blah blah blah Bernie Bros, Clintonistas, Obama Boys, PUMA, whatever label you want to slap. Those attempts to label an entire group of people as one are a weak way of attacking a campaign. I'd reserve those labels for something pathetic, like Donald Trump's followers. As for every other campaign, I think it's just weak. Enough already.


no, not really. i don't think it's ridiculous, and i think you're focusing a little too much on a small aside. i think these labels, whether a good thing or not, do exist, and are used in political language, so it's not surprising that they're reflected in here as well. though i never heard "Obama Boys" before.

i also don't think Sanders is going to fade into irrelevance. he's accomplished way, way more than Ron Paul, and raised way, way, way more money.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 04-14-2016, 06:44 PM   #682
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,373
Local Time: 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
So only one extreme group is deserving of labels?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Only something worth disregarding entirely is worth labeling. You fail to listen when you start generalizing and labeling.

I'm okay with failing to listen to the Trump campaign. Because it's a fucking joke. Ted Cruz's campaign is an extreme group... I don't think labeling them is fair either. I still listen to what he has to say. For as much as I think he'd be a worse president than Trump, he's not a joke. Real [scary] ideas come out of his mouth.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 04-14-2016, 06:44 PM   #683
Refugee
 
Bluer White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,886
Local Time: 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Don't you think it's a bit ridiculous that you guys are arguing over this? "Your boy Bernie" sounds so sports team politics. Blah blah blah Bernie Bros, Clintonistas, Obama Boys, PUMA, whatever label you want to slap. Those attempts to label an entire group of people as one are a weak way of attacking............
.



As usual in these parts.
__________________
Bluer White is online now  
Old 04-14-2016, 06:51 PM   #684
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,373
Local Time: 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
no, not really. i don't think it's ridiculous, and i think you're focusing a little too much on a small aside. i think these labels, whether a good thing or not, do exist, and are used in political language, so it's not surprising that they're reflected in here as well. though i never heard "Obama Boys" before.



i also don't think Sanders is going to fade into irrelevance. he's accomplished way, way more than Ron Paul, and raised way, way, way more money.

I've never heard "Obama boys" either. I merely included it so I wasn't singling you out. I think sticking labels out there is just a way of disregarding the legitimacy of a campaign based upon the followers it holds. Almost to suggest that you can't vote republican due to a racist base, as opposed to the more important racist platform.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 04-14-2016, 07:01 PM   #685
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Only something worth disregarding entirely is worth labeling. You fail to listen when you start generalizing and labeling.

I'm okay with failing to listen to the Trump campaign. Because it's a fucking joke. Ted Cruz's campaign is an extreme group... I don't think labeling them is fair either. I still listen to what he has to say. For as much as I think he'd be a worse president than Trump, he's not a joke. Real [scary] ideas come out of his mouth.

Exactly. And in case you haven't noticed there's a population of Bernie supports that's all they do; generalize, label, condescend, and are isolated in their information. They are the left's version of Breitbart followers. Why should I listen to them if I'm not going to listen to Trump's followers?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 04-14-2016, 07:27 PM   #686
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,373
Local Time: 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Exactly. And in case you haven't noticed there's a population of Bernie supports that's all they do; generalize, label, condescend, and are isolated in their information. They are the left's version of Breitbart followers. Why should I listen to them if I'm not going to listen to Trump's followers?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Did you honestly just make a point about how 'if they do it, I should do it, too?'

You entirely missed the point. The stereotype of a Trump supporter is a joke, but so is Donald Trump himself.

The stereotype of a Sanders supporter is a joke, but Bernie Sanders isn't a joke. But, you're refusing to take him seriously due to his supposedly condescending supporters. That's just stupid. Not all of his supporters are condescending. If that much is true, and Sanders himself is not a joke, then it's not a negligible decision to generalize.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 04-14-2016, 07:39 PM   #687
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,493
Local Time: 08:38 PM
2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VII

I'd say it's the Clinton supporters who are condescending.

The Bernie Bros are aggressive and naive and entitled all at the same time.

All of them. To a one.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 04-14-2016, 07:40 PM   #688
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Did you honestly just make a point about how 'if they do it, I should do it, too?'



You entirely missed the point. The stereotype of a Trump supporter is a joke, but so is Donald Trump himself.



The stereotype of a Sanders supporter is a joke, but Bernie Sanders isn't a joke. But, you're refusing to take him seriously due to his supposedly condescending supporters. That's just stupid. Not all of his supporters are condescending. If that much is true, and Sanders himself is not a joke, then it's not a negligible decision to generalize.

Woah, where did you get the idea that I've written him off, and especially because of his supporters?

No one is calling all supporters "bros", but there's a loud vocal group where the shoe fits. They're annoying and they're doing Sanders a disservice.

And I have no idea where you got 'if they do it, I should do it, too?'


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 04-14-2016, 07:47 PM   #689
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,294
Local Time: 08:38 PM
I have to say it's a bit odd to me that some of you seem so utterly obsessed with supporters of a particular candidate, when the only real criticism is that they are irritating (Hillary fans condescending/Bernie Bros aggressive naive kids). I mean...who cares?

It's one thing to be terrified of Trump's supporters who are openly racist and inciting violence, but on the Dem side, it's basically politically passionate people (agree with them or not) who may take it a step too far and who have the bad luck of living in an age of social and digital media such that their behaviour appears amplified.
__________________
anitram is online now  
Old 04-14-2016, 07:48 PM   #690
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,270
Local Time: 07:38 PM
Agreed, anitram.
__________________

__________________
Moonlit_Angel is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com