2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part X - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2016, 12:13 AM   #151
Babyface

Local Time: 01:21 AM
30000 emails ..113 ooops..that's a .0037 average. Let's see what R on The United States Senate Select Committee on Intelligence have done with their emails...maybe they are batting Mendoza.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:17 AM   #152
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:21 AM
Well, people still wonder what's on the missing Nixon tapes...not impossible that missing Clinton e-mails had things that would be potentially damaging to her.

I do think this issue is far from over. I can't wait until the ninth select committee really gets to the bottom of it all.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:28 AM   #153
Babyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Well, people still wonder what's on the missing Nixon tapes...not impossible that missing Clinton e-mails had things that would be potentially damaging to her.

I do think this issue is far from over. I can't wait until the ninth select committee really gets to the bottom of it all.
And I can't can't wait until THE first female president of the United States of America tells them to GFY.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:29 AM   #154
War Child

2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part X

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORZ View Post
30000 emails ..113 ooops..that's a .0037 average. Let's see what R on The United States Senate Select Committee on Intelligence have done with their emails...maybe they are batting Mendoza.

And I can't can't wait until THE first female president of the United States of America tells them to GFY
Couldn't have asked for better posts to underscore my point.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 07-06-2016, 12:30 AM   #155
Babyface

Quote:

Really there are people who wonder about the Nixon tapes at this time? We heard Billy Graham ...we heard Nixon ...what more do we need to hear?
Old 07-06-2016, 12:31 AM   #156
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORZ View Post
And I can't can't wait until THE first female president of the United States of America tells them to GFY.
And I can't wait until THE first female president sells us out on social security with a "grand bargain" with the GOP, authorizes fracking around the country and backtracks on her TPP position.

Will the vagina even matter by that point?

Should it even matter now? Of course not. Only if you care more about superficial qualities than actual politics.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:32 AM   #157
Babyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post

Your logic being that all classified material is a matter of life and death? Too much is classified...haven't you argued the government is too secretive? Or do you wish it to be more so? Logic?
Old 07-06-2016, 12:33 AM   #158
Babyface

Quote:
And I can't wait until THE first female president sells us out on social security with a "grand bargain" with the GOP, authorizes fracking around the country and backtracks on her TPP position.

Will the vagina even matter by that point?

Should it even matter now? Of course not. Only if you care more about superficial qualities than actual politics.
Hopefully that was snark about vagina.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:37 AM   #159
Babyface

Quote:

Donald J Trump needs underscores.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:40 AM   #160
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Comey seemed to lay out some damning contradictions to HRC's statements regarding her emails. Seemed to go out in a blaze of glory stopping short of indictment, to spare his family being held hostage by the Clintonistas.

She may be off the hook legally, but do not chalk this up as win in the public opinion category. In this anti-DC, elitist mood brewing in the heartland this may be the shark jump that signals the loss of all faith in the accountability of the politicians. Laws for thee but not for me.

Old 07-06-2016, 05:18 AM   #161
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:21 PM
Quote:

It's fascinating how you and the Trump delcon fascists are parroting the same lines, right down to the casual sexism.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-06-2016, 06:09 AM   #162
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part X

Quote:
A private email server, a gmail account, and an email account on a government server are not all equivalent in terms of security. The distinctions matter, and it's utterly exhausting listening to the mental gymnastics Clinton supporters will go through in order to avoid whatever cognitive dissonance would result from admitting that they support a candidate who, as far as we can rationally assume, behaved astronomically stupidly, at best. The obscurantism on this issue is embarrassing. This isn't really aimed at you, BVS, but at people diminishing this issue in general

No, gmail accounts, government servers, and private servers are not equal in terms of security. Neither are the distinctions minor. If an understanding of the wide range of network security measures that are used won't prove this point, James Coney's specific reference to the fact that her server was less secure than gmail should.

No, private email servers are not particularly common among private citizens. An an email account like me@mywebsite.com is not necessarily the same thing as a private email server.

No, you missed my point entirely. Yes a government server is more secure than her private server, but only when the information is sitting on that server. Once you allow government employees to email to anyone outside that server, using their phones, or remoting into that server all of that security is worthless. At that point the fact she has her own server is a moot point. Unless you are emailing only within a private intranet you are only as secure as the weakest link within your communication; so even if you email from a government server and someone receives while on their phone, that info is only as secure as their phone. So we're playing dumb or are simply ignorant if we think the private email vs private server issue is one of security.

But would the private email accounts used by Rice and Powell be any different? Were they set up on servers that investigations would have access to?

But here is where things get foggy for me; where are we getting this 50,000/ 30,000 erased number from? How were they able to determine the amount sent or received but not able to recover the info? And I'll admit I'm not an engineer, but I sold enough Exchange servers to understand how they work.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:21 AM   #163
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:21 AM
Quote:
You support murder and I don't.
But you do apparently hope that she suffers from some sort of debilitating health issue... soooo yea.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:56 AM   #164
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:21 AM
Quote:
She wanted to have control over the process and have privacy that the transparency of a government e-mail address wouldn't allow...that much is obvious. Would she have been so intent on doing it if she weren't planning to run for President? Perhaps not.

I guess I can still hope her health issues act up before the convention.

"How DARE you, BigMac!"

Yawn. If you support drone strikes, you support the active killing of human beings. Wishing someone would just get sick for the benefit of the American people is hardly on the same level as actively murdering other people, regardless of their crimes. Clinton and her followers are the sick ones.

There's stll time. There's still time.
If you think that if Sanders were elected that he would stop drone strikes, you are mistaken.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:03 AM   #165
you are what you is

Local Time: 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
If you think that if Sanders were elected that he would stop drone strikes, you are mistaken.
I think delusional is the word you were looking for.
Mistaken would suggest a certain clarity of mind.

“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa