2016 US Presidential Election Pt. III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's appealing on the right in lieu of Obama's professorial parsing statements that sometimes are void of emotion. Not saying they're bad in substance, but stylistically Trump is the opposite in machismo.

There are Americans who admire the Putin machismo and symbolic presence he projects. Ride now it looks like he is running train on the world stage.
View attachment 10505

Now Trump supporters want that eagle back.

View attachment 10506

I apologize to those offended by this image haha

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I have heard some of the sentiment you mention regarding TRUMP! and Putin, also to some extent, some of the same people wish America had a leader like Putin instead of Obama (perceived strong Vs. perceived weak).

Yet i wonder what they would make of this:

Trump on Putin, Russia in Syria: 'If He Wants to Fight ISIS, Let Him Fight ISIS' | Fox News Insider

"He, frankly, wants to fight ISIS, and I think that's a wonderful thing," Trump said. "If he wants to fight ISIS, let him fight ISIS. Why do we always have to do everything?"

That's not exactly "taking the Eagle back" is it?

nyd541.jpg

Syrian airspace is turning into the finale of Independence Day. Now the Luftwaffe is joining (yes that's still their name). I guess it's Merkel's way of saving face while ISIS infiltrates her country. And I'm sympathetic to the women and children marred by civil war, but most of the Syrian refugee stream flowing into Europe are battle age single men.

Just looking at the conflict/control map of Syria is enough to make you uneasy, and these maps don't usually take into account foreign airstrikes.

I guess we can add Cher to the list of Xenophobic Racists. She went full Trump mode in this tweet even including bomb, knife emojis.

View attachment 10504

Polling indicates a majority of Americans (~60-65% if memory serves me right) are at odds with the President on the issue of admitting Syrian refugees at all.

For me personally I think we should have a pause to make sure we are on sure-footing on our security screening. Then families go to the front of the line.

I'm not an extremist like Cher who wants to send them back to ISIS.

Can you imagine showing that to someone in 1980 and saying "this is how we communicate in 2015."?

Syrian airspace is turning into the finale of Independence Day. Now the Luftwaffe is joining (yes that's still their name). I guess it's Merkel's way of saving face while ISIS infiltrates her country. And I'm sympathetic to the women and children marred by civil war, but most of the Syrian refugee stream flowing into Europe are battle age single men.

God forbid the Germans still call their airborne branch of their armed forces the "Air Force." That would be dangerously close to what they called it in WW2, don't you think?

God forbid the Germans still call their airborne branch of their armed forces the "Air Force." That would be dangerously close to what they called it in WW2, don't you think?

Can't believe the Germans didn't change half of their dictionary following WW2, my god.

Syrian airspace is turning into the finale of Independence Day. Now the Luftwaffe is joining (yes that's still their name). I guess it's Merkel's way of saving face while ISIS infiltrates her country

Glad Germany is part of a united front. Best way to go forward.

On a college trip to Germany we were staying at a castle hostel on the Rhine gorge and witnessed a Luftwaffe Tornado doing maneuvers along the length of the river. Pretty bad ass.

I believe Luftwaffe literally translates to Air Force. I did prove Godwins Law
With my parentheses

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1"

Didn't mean for it to become a point of debate. I wonder how the countries are communicating with each over the skies of ISIL

Have a big deal with Oregoropa's harmless historical reference? :scratch:

Harmless historical reference? It's a blatant example of ignorance, and makes Americans look bad. The word "Luftwaffe" just means "Air Force." Suggesting that it's wrong of Germany to continue to use the title is about as dumb as suggesting we abandon the term "sheriff" because we had shady southern cops during segregation.

Harmless historical reference? It's a blatant example of ignorance, and makes Americans look bad. The word "Luftwaffe" just means "Air Force." Suggesting that it's wrong of Germany to continue to use the title is about as dumb as suggesting we abandon the term "sheriff" because we had shady southern cops during segregation.

Meant nothing by it. You're reading way too much into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom