Its Something Officially Blue!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Vedder

Refugee
After years and years of on going investigations and sleepless nights... I have OFFICIALLY CONCLUDED that yes in deed the sky is BLUE!!

:eyebrow: Interesting insn't it?

I have a book called The Book of Totally Useless Information, and it explains why the sky is blue.

"We all take the beautiful blue color of our skies for granted. However, if Earth's atmosphere contained different gases, this would not be the case. Air is made up of a mixture of gases in the following proportions: 78 percent nitrogen, 21 percent oxygen, and 1 percent carbon dioxide and trace amounts of other gases.

The chemical composition of the gases in the air accounts for the color of the sky. The light coming to Earth from the sun contains all wavelengths and therefore all colors. Each color has its own wavelength - some are short, some are long. This is evidenced by rainbows, in which raindrops act as prisms, bending each wavelength of light at slightly different angles and causing the beautifullly colored bands of light.

The longer wavelengths, yellow and red, reach our eyes in a nearly direct line from the sun. The shorter wavelengths, blue and violet, are more scattered by air molecules. This acts to diffuse the blue light, and it reaches our eyes from all parts of the sky, making the sky appear blue."

the other day i was walking to lunch and looked up at the sky and thought "hey it's the same colour as interference"

that scared me

I learned in my astronomy class a couple years ago why the sky is blue :yes:

Am I the only one who thought Mrs Vedder took the pregnancy test and it turned out blue?

:banghead:

Back
Top Bottom