Its Official# Raiders fans rioting in Oakland!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adamswildhoney

ONE love, blood, life
Its all over the news!! Hundreds of raiders fans are rioting bc they lost the Super Bowl and some fan are even burning raiders stuff bc they are so furious.

*goes and looks for proof*

Cow of the Seas said:
without proof, this is nothing but anti oakland propaganda! shame on you!

:p

This is not anti Oakland propaganda. I am just stating that they are rioting bc they lost thats all!!!! and to be honest they would prolly be rioting if they won.

*still looking* I just saw a big report on the bay area news so it might not be on the internet yet!!

Why do people have to take that crap so seriously? It's not like any of them played in the game. That's why I hate pro sports now because of stupid crap like that

adamswildhoney, i was joking, just like we were in the days that we were monkeys stealing honey from the bees.

adamswildhoney said:

This is not anti Oakland propaganda. I am just stating that they are rioting bc they lost thats all!!!! and to be honest they would prolly be rioting if they won.

*still looking* I just saw a big report on the bay area news so it might not be on the internet yet!!

Only in California...

I was there when UCLA won NCAA basketball in 1995... Fellow students went rioting because we WON...

I knew this would happen.. duh. Raiders fans are a bunch of idiots. I think would have rioted even if they won.

yeah they probably would have, when the lakers won one year people rioted in Los Angeles I think. I'm glad they lost, now i don't have to see raiders crap everywhere I look like when the Angels won the world series.

They would have rioted even WORSE if Oakland won, I guarantee you that. One of the guys on my crew at work is from east Oakland, and he was actually proud of the riots after the afc championship - he kept bragging about how they burnt cars and broke into stores in east Oakland, as if that's a good trait for your neighborhood to have. I wouldn't be surprised if he was out there with the riot crowd today. :rolleyes:

*joins in riot, throws breakfast!!!!*

:evil:

Some people are allergic to honey.
Some are allergic to bees.
Those people don't steal honey from bees for obvious reasons.

Well, I believe the plan was for all Oakland fans to riot after a victory. You know, the usual stuff. Tip some cars, set one on fire, walk around intersections screaming....

Yikes!!! :eek:

Well ya know those skulls and horns and black costumes are kinda scary. I can't image those inspiring people to be kind, gentle and considerate.

I was sad when the Packers lost, but jeeeez!

(Puts on peaceful cheesehead hat)

I HATE football. :yuck::barf::down: I hate how they wear the little tights and jump all over each other and act like they're all big and macho when they're wearing all kinds of padding and helmets and guards. :rolleyes:

I hate sports too

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2003/playoffs/news/2003/01/26/oakland_unrest_ap/

Sore losers

Police in riot gear combat rowdy fans in Oakland

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) -- Rowdy crowds set cars on fire, pelted passing vehicles with rocks and bottles and vandalized a fast food restaurant Sunday night following the Oakland Raiders' loss in the Super Bowl on Sunday.

Police in riot gear responded with rubber bullets and tear gas, and briefly closed some stretches of city streets. At least 23 people were arrested, mostly for public intoxication, police said.

At least two cars were set on fire, and a television news van had its windows broken. One group of young men set debris on fire in the middle of a street and then posed for news photographers. Tear gas wafted through the area, and some witnesses picked up rubber bullets fired by police.

After the Raiders advanced to the Super Bowl last week, crowds set fires, broke windows and threw rocks and bottles. Oakland officials had vowed to prevent a repetition of the violence following the Super Bowl, and hundreds of extra officers were assigned to work Sunday.

The favored Raiders were routed by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 48-21.

When the trouble broke out, huge squads of officers marched through the streets, and authorities closed off some areas of the city.

Some shop owners in the area of last week's violence closed at kickoff time, hoping to avoid trouble.

At Q's Clothing, Nader Qutov, the owner's nephew, said he was closing early, although before the game he also hawked Raiders t-shirts to eager fans.

Many of the Raider faithful flocked to watch the game at Ricky's Sports Theater and Grill, where more than 80 televisions show every Raider game and die-hard fans can comb through the gift shop for Raider keepsakes.

"I drove an hour and a half just to be with my family," said a Raider fan who insists on going by the name of Gorilla Rilla. "We are a Raider family."

For the team's first trip to the Super Bowl in almost two decades, Ricky's owner brought in a 20-foot, high-definition television and added a $25 cover charge.

Some fans made sure they arrived in time. Dennis Giovanetti said he showed up at Ricky's at 7 a.m. to make sure he could get a prime seat.

"My breakfast was reading the paper," he said. "I couldn't be here early enough."

People get so upset/excited over a fucking game that's outcome doesn't really have any affect on anything, but people could care less about starvations, aids, ect. These things seem a just a little more worthwhile to get worked up over.

Sometimes people are so stupid if boggles the imagination.

Ugh. I finally just saw the whole riot thing on the news. The damage that was done, the shit that was stolen. It really really makes me angry. I feel so bad for the store owners and the people that had nothing to do with it.

Oakland :down:

no offense diemen

Sicy said:
Ugh. I finally just saw the whole riot thing on the news. The damage that was done, the shit that was stolen. It really really makes me angry. I feel so bad for the store owners and the people that had nothing to do with it.

Oakland :down:

no offense diemen

None taken. That part of Oakland I feel no affiliation with. I hang out more in berkeley anyway :D.

Oh, my coworker who was proud of the AFC riots? Guess where he was on Sunday? Out with the street party/riot crowd. And proud of it, too... the dumbass. :down:

Back
Top Bottom