It's Official #live it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
watch out kids, this one is serious.

a lot of times i hate my life for idiotic reasons. example: there's no target within 28 miles of where i usually live.

funny though. there have been a lot of tragedies in my life, a lot of let downs and things from which i've learned huge lessons. things that have brought me to a maturity level where people generally don't believe my age. but that's not what i'm talking about here.

i'm talking about the little things in life. i'm talking about your cat nuzzling your leg in the morning, i'm talking about taking time out of every day to think of at least ONE thing for which you're grateful.

i recently read a book for my history class that was a series of WWI journal entries from men who were fighting a war - the cause of which they didn't know. men who were so desperate for food they ate bread from dead germans still moist with blood. so desensitized they were capable of looking a man in the eye and still shooting him.

and now, i see my friends whine about target not being close enough, or they don't have the money to buy a cd, or something they've been working for, praying for, hoping for has backfired on them. and i tell them all the things they should be thankful for in their lives.

and it's something we all too often forget, to be thankful for what we have and work with it. and though i know that IO usually isn't for the serious thoughts, i just think that sometimes it's worth it to take a minute out of your day to remind yourself how lucky you truly are.

That's so true.

I learned a lot about this through my brother and his accident.

Live each day to the fullest, appreciate everything you have, small or big. Dont take things for granted, because someday you might not have them.

:hug:

Lilly said:
i just think that sometimes it's worth it to take a minute out of your day to remind yourself how lucky you truly are.
yes
and indeed it doesn't take more than a minute

life is pretty great

even though the last couple of weeks haven't been the greatest there are still plenty of things in my life are pretty terrific

I am used to aim high though

It is a lot easier to complain about the things that we don't have; so often we overlook the 'good' in our lives. I think it's because we're always trying to achieve more.

Thank you Lilly, for reminding us to be happy and thankful. :hug:

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
It is a lot easier to complain about the things that we don't have; so often we overlook the 'good' in our lives. I think it's because we're always trying to achieve more

a lot truth in that statement..

thankyou lilly

Back
Top Bottom