Its Official, I Popose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

antietam

The Fly
We are all here for one reason. And that is because 25 years ago, 4 guys got together and created a band. But what was unique about this band was what they had to say and how they said it. What separates U2 from most bands is that they are not into music for hedonistic reasons. Their music has an ideology, a message! "you can be even better than the real thing--carry each other--don't let the bastards grind you down-- or stop staring at the sun and take a look inside of yourself. This is why such a myriad of hearts and minds have united in this fraternal faction. We have come together because of our common interests and our love for the music of U2! There is such a saturation of cheesy-wallpaper music out there that patronizes woman and those who don't have 'bling-bling' or what ever. Most music is hollow and lacks any substance. And I, like many U2 fans suffer from what I call the U2 complex. Which is why I joined this forum, so I could meet, joke around and share my ideas and feelings with people I thought I would have the greatest affinity towads, fellow U2 fans! I am somethimes steered away from people who do not like U2. (which is always a superficial reason) And this may be wrong to do but the old saying "show me your friends and I tell you what kind of person you are, applies to the music you listen to, I believe." So I assumed this was an ideal place to consort with others who shared my interests. But I am disappointed and didained to see so many guile and sardonic members who obviously have nothing to say unless they are posting acrimonious replies directed towards other members. They do not have the ability to create anything positive with their own mind and so they choose to attempt to decimate others. If someone is different and maybe a little idiosyncratic and sees things in a particuliar light, there is no reason to attempt to litigate that person with a deragotory reply. And if you can't help it, at least get some imagination, (dude) I niminate that this outdated and archaic phrase about smoking crack be put inexile back to the nineties with tight leather pants where it belongs! Anyone who uses that phrase I bet has never somked 'rocks' in their life and has not the slightest inkling of its effects on a person. So drop that phrase, it is lame! and anyone who is a lame, pee-brained, indigent who looks like a bulldog chewing a wasp!! (DUDE!) Besides isn't this supposed to be a facetious column to post offbeat threads? You know I post callow treads to distract me, because I am going through a difficult time. I am watching my beloved mother slowly die right before my eyes. And I'm sure no one cares but my mom is the greatest woman alive!!!!! She lost her eyesight at 14 due to a medical error and has still managed to raise 6 kids! Whether it was cooking, cleaning or taking all of us to the museum on the bus during winter. She has always amazed me with her strength, wisdom and perseverance. And I come here and you have some dilettantes who are intellectually celibate passing elicit premises because their own life is so banal and pathetic. Until you have the enigma of life figured out don't pass judgments on others, it only flaunts your own emotional insecurities and reveals that you are inadequate in the game of life, not the person you are trying to denounce. (not the board game 'life') I didn't know there were any mercenary's on this forum (DUDE) So abdicate your pretentious thrown, you have foundered and get a life!! If we are supposed to be U2 fans why don't we try to emulate them more, I have never ever heard a band member degrade anyone else. Why is there so much animosity? U2's music is about caring for others, about love and understanding. It is about the effusion of people, feeling and ideas. can't we all just get along? This web site is a result of U2's creations. It could be postulated that the highest purpose in the universe is the creation of an effect! why don't we learn to create ideas and friendships instead of trying to destroy them!!!

antietam...i am closing this, for no reason other than i feel you would get a flaming of proportions we have not seen around here in a long while. you contradict the message this thread is trying to convey about unity etc by managing somehow to insult everyone. it only leads to a flaming of immense proportions.

go figure etc.

but alas. closed it must be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom