Its Official: I have lost my donut

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beli

Blue Crack Addict
....thread. There is a thread around here somewhere about donuts but I cant find it. Feel free to merge this thread with the other one.

Anyway, guess what just opened at my local shoping centre? A donut shop (Puffin ?) - with stools ie youre supposed to eat your donut in there like a restaurant! I had to do a double take as its set out the same as the Japanese restaurant next door. Weird. :huh:

I was too scared to go in, it looks really complicated. I only know how to deal with a normal donut with sugar on top. Do you think I should go in and eat something? :ohmy:

doughnuts are so revolting.
cake i can understand, cookies/biscuits i can understand, icecream i can understand (even though i eat none of these items) but doughnuts?

sorry beli, i have not seen your thread.
we should put up some missing posters.

and they are still revolting....
:hmm:

krispy kreme donuts :drool: :hyper:

krispy-kreme-waterfall.jpg

Its photos like that that scare me. Gawd thats a lot of fat.

Angie, It wasnt actually my thread, it was someone elses. It was one of those threads that wafted wwwwaaaaaayyyyy off topic. (who? me?) :wink:

It was in Lemonade Stand....the Atkins one, if it's the one I think you're thinking of.

Anyway, yay donuts. Even the weird English ones are good. :up:

no.
they are french fries...
just not slender and pointy...
they have a "waffled" pattern.
and they are sooo freakin' yummy.

used to work at a donut shop making them
never had the pleasure of that big machine
anywho, if you saw them being made, you wouldn't want them anymore:|

beli said:
Oh, sounds like crinkle cut chips. Angie?

Aye. Smiths :D
I have a sneaking suspicion the rest of the world doesn't eat thick chips like we do here.
But then...we don't really eat fries so it pobably all evens out in the end.

widjees.

That's how a friend from New Zealand says 'wedges.' When she told us at T in the Park last summer that the widjees were good and she had to get the pigs out of her tint, Jenn and I were very confused. :huh::confused:

kiwis are choice, eh bro.
never met one i couldn't like...

i actually went to a nursery today to get a lillyputt lilly. we couldnt find it so asked the kiwi bro girl at the counter and she looks puzzled for a sec and yells out to some guy hidden in the back "eh stevie, dud we sill all them lillypitts or whet eh?"

so cool.
love them.
:up:

I will probably be offended by that remark later today, but I am still angry about dropping my slice of coffee cake from starbucks in the parking lot. :angry:

:sexywink:

I had waffle fries liast night with my burger

Chocolate donuts are yum

I am drinking tea

best donut thread ever

(in all honesty most previous donut threads were very bad though)

I TRIED to eat at the donut shop today but the smell was too much for my pregnancy heightened senses. The sugar smell was overwhelming. I couldnt go in. I could see the machine though. It wasnt a conveyor belt machine but a huge vat of oil with donuts floating in it. :sick:

And what is that blue stuff on some of the donuts. There is no known blue food group. :ohmy:

Stop the donut bashing...

While I do not eat a lot of them, as a treat, they are one of my favourites. In Canada, we have a donut chain called Tim Horton's. They make some of the best donuts (and some not so good but I'm not talking about that right now). One of the best things they make are called timbits. These are what most people would call donut holes and they come in a variety of flavours: plain, fritter, sour cream, honey dip, chocolate, old fashioned and many many more. If you just want 'a quick fix' you can go to the drive thru get your coffee and 1 timbit and be on your way.

Life without donuts just isn't very Canadian.

When I was pregnant, I too had a heightened sense of smell and I couldn't eat or be near anything fishy. Better not to eat too many sweet things when you're pregnant though.

Back
Top Bottom