IT'S OFFICIAL #537

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
Did you know the speed of light is the highest speed possible, according to the theory of relativity, and its value is dependent of the motion of its source and of the observer? Its value is 299,792,458 metre per second / 186,281 miles per second. It is impossible to accelerate any material body to this speed because it would require an infinite amount of energy.
Did you know the maximum speed with which a falling raindrop can hit you is about 29 kmph / 18 mph? In a vacuum, the further an object falls, the more speed it gains.
Did you know the world's smallest winged insect is smaller than the eye of a house fly? It is the Tanzanian parasitic wasp 'Fairy fly', which has a wingspan of 0.2 mm / 0.008 in.
Did you know the mudskipper spends three-quarters of its time out of the water? Malaysian mudskippers live in mangrove swamps, where they climb among the tangled stems and roots, and sometimes into the branches.
Did you know when spiny lobsters migrate, they do so by walking in queues of up to 65 along the sea-bed, each clinging with its claws to the rear of the one in front? Scientific experiments have shown that such an arrangement reduces drag and allows a 25% improvement in speed.
Did you know blood flows through 96,500 km / 60,000 m of arteries and veins?
Did you know frogs and toads never eat with their eyes open? When eating, they have to push down with the back of the eyeball in order to force food into the stomach.
Did you know the tallest tree ever measured was an Australian eucalyptus reported in 1872. It was 132 m / 435 ft tall?
Did you know Bracken is one of the world's six most common plants and also one of the six oldest, being at least 90 million years old?
Did you know plants can communicate with each othe?. A wounded plant may release a gaseous hormone that warns its neighbours to prepare their defences for insect attack, thus limiting potential damage.

I'm fascinating aren't I?

A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.
There are more chickens than people in the world.
The longest one-syllable word in the English language is "screeched."

I amaze me.

Where is everyone?

Im gonna keep on with the banal posts if no one comes to say hello.

You've been warned.

Well, maybe I'll get bored and stop. But still, its a threat not a promise.

tongue.gif

Pop girlie, ya know, its been such a hectic 1st 3 days, they had to give me 2 weeks off! What kinda job gives you 2 weeks hols when you start and all that other crap huh?

I must be dreaming, either that or its gonna be the most shithouse job Ive ever had
biggrin.gif

When do you start back at uni?

Wow, I wanna move there and work where you do!!
tongue.gif
I'm glad it's going so well!

I'm still looking for work, having no luck whatsoever...and now it seems as if school will have to wait until the spring semester.
icon40.gif
I'm hoping not, though.

I hate it when priorities get shifted.
mad.gif

------------------
The future is so predictable the past is too uncomfortable

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
Where is everyone?
it's good to see that there are some things that even you don't know

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Hrmphhh Slomey. I may not know the whereabouts of approxiamtely 6 billion people, but I do know that hot water reezes quicker than cold. Much more useful info on hot days when you forgot to fill up your ice cube trays.
mad.gif

So
tongue.gif

Yes pop, I hate priorities full stop though
biggrin.gif
They are so inconveient!

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
Much more useful info on hot days when you forgot to fill up your ice cube trays.
mad.gif
see, if you knew where I was you'd also know that hot days don't exist here

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

wow that ice cube one could be useful
wink.gif

only knew about three of those angie, I'm really slipping
biggrin.gif

yes, youre very interesting....!

------------------
and everything you hoped would last