IT'S OFFICIAL #311

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

She Is Raging

Refugee
I never should have become a nurse - I dont know why I ever did.

But then again, no one ever reads my posts so I don't know why I'm bothering.

------------------
"Edge, it's you she wants...it's you!...I know him! He's in my band!" Bono - Zoo Boston, 1992
- Kathleen -

Yup... I work in an neonatal/newborn ICU. Not a bad job, it's rewarding at times but the hours suck and I get burntout so fast from the 12 hr shifts. Then's there's the whole poking babies with needles thing. I know I'm good at what I do, but I dont think it's what I want to be doing. Problem also is - I dont know what exactly I want to be doing either if I weren't - just definetly not this! I'm just in a blah mood right now...

------------------
"Edge, it's you she wants...it's you!...I know him! He's in my band!" Bono - Zoo Boston, 1992
- Kathleen -

Must be a tough profession. The hours would suck. Some people spend their entire lives wondering what they really want to do. I think, why stick to one thing? Keep changing if you get sick of something. It only leads to variety and lots of new things if you do change.

smile.gif

She is Raging...
THANK YOU for doing what you do. Thank you thank you. I'll tell you why you should do it - it's a special job and a calling - and not anyone can.

This may be TMI but...
My son was born at 36 weeks, just on the verge of being too early - and was born with a pretty healthy dose of jaundice and was a wee little boy. (He's perfectly healthy strapping 6 year old, now, not to worry). But, he spent a couple of days in the NICU, and the nurses were what kept me together.

How you start on IV on a vein the size of a thread is beyond me. Those little heart things they stick on to measure the heartbeat made me smile. The nurses hugging me and telling me that my little boy was, in the scheme of things a pretty healthy guy helped me sleep those first couple of days. They were taking care of him, and of me. The doctors breezed in and out, it was the nurses who really did the job.

So thanks. You positively impact lots of lives every day - just look about you and you should see it.
smile.gif

Peace

(It's Official - crzy is sappy this morning)

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

My sister worked in NICU for years. She's got her own kids now and works at a sleep center who's hours are much more "normal" and work out great for her.
smile.gif

------------------
Member of Larry's Stick Keepers Association. "It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

When you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit, you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it --- Summer Rain

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Back
Top Bottom