It's official #1504 (RANT)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Right....remember the time a while ago when (i think it was him) Arun started a thread "i'll die a lonely old man" ?

Well...i hereby officially declare myself to be the most likely Interference candidate to end up that way. I'm beginning to think the "your time will come" line is some kind of sarcastic joke. Sure, i believe it's easy meeting new people if you're funny/smart/beautiful/extrovert...but it's a different story if you're not.

I mean think about it: how many 24 year olds do you know that are still looking? (i ain't much good at that either, but let's not go there...)

Oh yeah...next time i start babbling about a cute guy, do me a favor and slap me once or twice, cause with my luck, he's most likely: not interested at all, or taken.

U2girl said:

I mean think about it: how many 24 year olds do you know that are still looking? (i ain't much good at that either, but let's not go there...)

I know it's frustrating, sweetie. But most 24yr olds I know are still looking. Quite a few on this board, actually. Being in a relationship is nice, but being without one isn't the end of the world. Our generation (Gen X) is doing things a bit differently with the whole relationship game - bc so many of us come from broken families, we don't want to risk getting a divorce ourselves, so we choose to remain single if only to avoid divorce.

You'll meet someone, just when you least expect it. It's possible that you haven't crossed paths with that special someone yet.

I know too many people who got married and settled down at a young age because that's what they thought they were supposed to do, and not because that's what they actually, in their hearts, wanted to do. :shrug:

U2girl said:
Right....remember the time a while ago when (i think it was him) Arun started a thread "i'll die a lonely old man" ?

Well...i hereby officially declare myself to be the most likely Interference candidate to end up that way

:eek: You're going to become a man?

;) :hug:

Most 24 year olds I know are still looking too.

I'm one of those 24 year olds who are still looking. And I will die alone because there just doesn't seem to be another match out there for me. Or, if there is, they are not my type, or impossibly out of reach. :banghead:

What is wrong with me?!?!? :scream: :huh: :sad:

I'm sorry I didn't offer any help, maja, just needed to rant myself. (And that was tame; I could go on forever. :crazy: )

Ok, one more thing:

Why is it I always fall for the ones I could never in a million years get?! WHY? :crack:

Last edited:
Man oh man. :|

Yknow.. I sounded exactly like you guys not more than a year ago. I seriously felt that there was not a guy out there for me. I had problems with everyone I ever dated.. there was always something missing. I couldnt find my perfect guy. I thought that I never would and that all this perfect mate crap only happened on tv or in the movies. And then what happens? When I'm not really even looking, the man of my dreams falls into my lap.

I dont know how else to convince anyone who feels this way. But I'm 30... it took me that long. You guys are young, you have plenty of time for Mr. Right to pop into your life.

I think you all would be surprised at how much in the majority of your age group that you really are.

It will happen out of nowhere. Serious.

In the meantime, :hug: to all. :wave:

24, hell try being 27 going on 28 ! I am still looking! and i feel at times i am one of the few left out there. all of my friends that i have grown up with are married or engaged. hell even my baby brother is getting married, which means I am the last of my parents 4 children who is single! It always makes for lovely conversations when you are at family events. You know those comments "so, when are you going to find yourself a boyfriend?" "you are not getting any younger" blah blah blah...

And you know as soon as i think that i may have found the perfect guy , i usually end up speaking my mind too soon and screw it all up or he lives out of state. both usually seem to happen!!:scream:

:huh:

Last edited:
:( this is a depressing thread! I'm 20 and I'm tired of being alone! BLAH! Too young I know blah blah.. what everyone tells me! Oh well, who needs men? :scream:

I don't know any 24 year olds that AREN'T looking.

Shit. I'm 25....26 in a couple of months.

Should I be freaking out? Because I'm not....

:shrug:

I often to feel alone, and afraid that I'll never meet someone, but then I think about my aunt. She didn't get married until she was 40. There was nothing wrong with her, she's absolutly beautiful, it just took some more time. Now she's been happily married for about 4 years and just adopted two kids. I know I'm only 17 and I have a long way to go, and I bitch about being single too, its lonely. But lately I've been trying to have more hope. Sometimes I don't listen to myself though, and I've had nightmares about dying alone in a chair while wacthing tv when i'm like 86 and no one knows that I'm dead until they come to collect my overdue electric bill. But on a more positive note (and i know this is trite and you've all heard it all before)I have faith that I'll find someone, and I'm sure everyone on the board will too.

*hugs*:hug:

i don't get depressed from lack of love...seriously i'm so independent when i'm in a relationship, sometimes it brings me down more than enhances me. (not this one of course)

er...am i exempt from replying to this thread? :eek:

at any rate, i know a lot of people in their mid-20s that are looking, and the whole "your day will come" may seem sarcastic and mean, but good things come to those who wait. and i seriously mean that.

:hug:

I agree I think the "Your time will come" is kinda bullshit.....I know you all mean well by saying it....but I think I'm too much of a realist.

Try being the girl that noone notices, or being the "The girl I really wanted rejected me, so I guess you'll do" girl.

bridget jones was like 30 in the movie. :)

but seriously, my mom was 25 when she got married, and she was all shocked when i was dating, let alone getting married, at 18. (yeah i know, it was a little young, and probably looked weird as it was my first relationship, but you know.) i'm not one of those smug married people who walk around asking people when are they going to get attached to someone or something. i know you don't want to hear this, but your time will come. :D

it is hard to look for someone. i mean, up until this past january, i was single, and always had been. i'd never even had a boy be interested in me (well, if anyone was, they never told me). i don't doubt if i hadn't met billy i'd still be in the same situation now. believe me, i was feeling the same way you did last year. i was sick and tired of liking a guy who didn't like me back. i was sick of even mentioning to a friend that i liked some guy, because i'd always be embarrassed to have to tell them that there was no chance in hell of it working out.

i'm shy, too. the only guys i can comfortably talk with are my husband, guys in my family, and guys i have absolutely no interest in romantically, even before i was attached. so i can totally understand where you're coming from. :hug: i don't really know what advice i can offer, cuz i'm not really good with that stuff (good thing i dropped my psychology major), but i guess all i can say is keep your chin up, and i promise, honestly, your time will come. :D

Meegannie: :lmao: I definitely didn't see that coming! Good one! I didn't expect to be laughing at a thread like this.

i hate it when people use smart-ass editing to make others look bad LOL! :wave:

April: that's ok, i understand you - and i asked myself each and every one of those questions you mentioned. But with your looks, i'm sure guys will start :bow: to you in no time.

Lilly: exempt? Of course not, anyone can reply.

Daisybean: girl that noone notices - yes that must be it. :reject:

Thanks to all who replied here - i dunno, i guess i'll keep on waiting. :shrug:

If my advice is unwanted, please disregard....

Just thought I'd make a suggestion for the singles out there, don't know if any of you have been burned by personal ads or online dating, but I've found out about a site recently that seems to be different from alot of those out there. The site is www.eharmony.com , and they have done alot of research in putting this all together. They have you fill out a super-extensive survey (like 500 questions - yikes), but it's more than just matching you up to, say, the top 10 guys who match most of your answers. They look at your overall personality profile and take into consideration your preferences for such things as religious beliefs, distance you're willing to consider, kids already/no kids, etc., and match you up to someone who is likely to complement your personality style. It's more than just, oh these 2 would be great together, since they both like U2, chocolate, and long walks in the moonlight....

It might be worth checking out for those of you that are ready to settle down - I'm not plugging this for any personal gain, I've just heard alot of really good things about it and I think it would be worth looking into.

Last edited:
from what I[ve seen of your pics, u2girl, you're extremely cute!!!

cute cute cute pretty pretty cute cute!!!

you're not gonna have ANY probs!!

I have faith, and I believe ya Sicy....My/Our time will come. My problem in impatience. But I do know in my heart .....I trust God I know he will come thru for me. :D (Hope i havent offended anyone...:huh: )

Its hard but I'm hangin in there. My perfect boy WILL Come...:D Seems to me people work out better and are happier when they meet in later 20's / 30's anyways. We're more grown up and know ourselves better then which helps I really think. I know i have plenty more of that to do anyways.

*does dance of anticipation* :dance:

life is full of twists and turns kiddies
it wont stay the same forever
things can change so quickly and just when u think your life is heading a certain path, something changes it and u could go a completely different way.
you wont always be like this point in your life maja.
and the good things come to those who wait is silly.
they dont!!!
u have to go change it. dive in, be daring just once.
once u make that first step, it all comes easier from there.

boys will not come to your door, no matter how funny, smart, or pretty you are.
u also need to figure out what it is you want exactly before anything can truly happen in the way u want it to.

zooropamanda said:

boys will not come to your door, no matter how funny, smart, or pretty you are.

what!? somebody lied to me. ;)

i do go out and i meet plenty of guys, however the ones that i have met recently tend to have something that just doesn't connect with me. ya know. and the ones i have met that i actually connect with either live out of state or out of the country. :huh:

anyhow, i know my man is out there and i will meet him when the time is right. :yes: it is just nice to bitch and have a cry me a river moment at times

Basstrap said:
from what I[ve seen of your pics, u2girl, you're extremely cute!!!

cute cute cute pretty pretty cute cute!!!

you're not gonna have ANY probs!!

Thank you so much...

now if only i could find a guy over here in Slovenia who would think the same.

bonosloveslave said:
They have you fill out a super-extensive survey (like 500 questions - yikes)

If you're serious when answering all of those 500 questions, I might have an idea why you're single... :|

DrTeeth said:

If you're serious when answering all of those 500 questions, I might have an idea why you're single... :|

Hey - patience is a virtue (and a great quality to have in a mate)!

Thankfully my hubby has loads of it.

Umm, except when assembling things out of boxes. :banghead:

Some people like doing personality tests to learn more about themselves, I think they are fun :shrug:

*bitchslaps u2girl!* ;) ..i mean that in the nicest way. i just wanted to snap you out of that type of faulty thinking. have some confidence in yourself maja...seriously, you're always going to fall short if you link your self-worth to whether or not your involved in a relationship. once you're dating someone or in a relationship, you don't suddenly snap your fingers...and vwaaalah...instant happines and fulfillment. it doesn't work that way. don't be so eager to be dating or in a relationship, enjoy your singledom while it lasts. be patient (don't worry, there's someone out there for you), and in the meanwhile, work on your confidence and build up your feelings of self-worth. i've heard many guys say that a girl who exudes a genuine confidence (not to be confused with arrogance) and who appears at ease with herself, no matter how phsyically attractive or unattractive, has the edge over those girls lacking in this area. in other words, confidence="sexy". confidence implies that you not feel threatened by other females who may seem "prettier" and/or more "outgoing" than you. you wouldn't feel so intimidated if you would only realize that you are a unique individual and possess certain qualities and attributes that other females don't have. looks will only get a girl so far. a solid and meaningful relationship clearly cannot be built and last on those grounds.

although there is absolutely nothing wrong with receiving a compliment here and there, you don't need other people telling you that you are pretty or cute or this or that in order to feel some sort of validity or acceptance. that feeling won't last long unless you are sure of yourself to begin with. :) :hug:

i could go on and on about this...

I know, i know - i need to work on my confidence. Come to think of it, i'm not so sure that not being single per se would help with that - because that would still be within me, guy or no guy.

Probably i'm not even ready yet, but you know...i'd like to know what love's like, even if it shouldn't last for a long time.

(this waiting/searching stuff better be worth it) Plus i really wonder what kind of guy would be interested into someone like me, because so far no such person seemed to exist.

Confident girls have the Edge? ;)

I know what you mean, but surely it's easier to be confident if you're pretty/more outgoing - at least i imagine guys notice girls like that first, and take interest in them.
I have often thought how much looks and confidence are related - you know, is it necessary to be pretty to feel confident or is it the other way around and no prettyness can help you if you're not confident inside?

And then it comes right back to the "how much can i change my personality" part. As far back as i can remember, i've always been shy and not terribly confident by nature.

i know you weren't serious about the slapping part. i have a question though: how is bitchslap different to a regular slap? why such a phrase? :wave:

Last edited:
Re: i could go on and on about this...

U2girl said:
I know what you mean, but surely it's easier to be confident if you're pretty/more outgoing - at least i imagine guys notice girls like that first, and take interest in them

I have often thought how much looks and confidence are related -you know, is it necessary to be pretty to feel confident or is it the other way around and no prettyness can help you if you're not confident inside?

Believe me when I say everyone is different. I honestly don't believe its possible to comprehend how a guy will determine who he feels he can connect with. There are some guys who may always notice the more reserved girl than outgoing because that may be a shared quality that he feels comfortable with. I would be lying if I said guys look a lot deeper when they see a group of girls. At the end of the day that situation does revolve around a physical attraction in its purest form..but its an attraction you can't define. Every guy will find a girl physically attractive within areas that are appliable to himself only..even some subtle attributes can make all the difference.

..again..I sound like a women :huh:

I think you have many great characteristics that shine through in your personality here Maja but I don't think you need me to tell you that...confidence is rooted in letting your strongest, and favourite qualities come to the surface for others to see..and its about being comfortable in being yourself and not trying to conform to what you think is acceptable..its a painful way to live

ps. thank you for the pimping over in Zoo Confess Trip..my shy, reserved self is flattered :)

I like your doggy MVD_75

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

what!? somebody lied to me. ;)

i do go out and i meet plenty of guys, however the ones that i have met recently tend to have something that just doesn't connect with me. ya know. and the ones i have met that i actually connect with either live out of state or out of the country. :huh:

anyhow, i know my man is out there and i will meet him when the time is right. :yes: it is just nice to bitch and have a cry me a river moment at times

I have been meeting a lot of woman recently and feel the same way. But I feel more patient right now. BTW, I am 30 - and still single. I have figured out that if I am "Looking" - then I don't find anything. It is when I am not looking - everything happens.

:wave:

Re: I like your doggy MVD_75

zonelistener said:

I have figured out that if I am "Looking" - then I don't find anything. It is when I am not looking - everything happens.

As an old married woman I can tell you that this is SO TRUE!!! Just go out and do things that you like to do. You will meet someone when you least expect it.

acro you are such a catch. some cute little brit girl is going to get very lucky when she gets you.

Back
Top Bottom