It's offically dead. i think.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkayet

New Yorker
i can't believe i totally fried my computer. :( Still have to get it checked out, but i don't think there's much hope. :banghead: I feel like an idiot. My flatmates were like, 'do you want to go to the pub or something??' last night when i was hysterical, and i'm thinking, 'yeah, give me alcohol now. sounds like what i need.' :rolleyes: I'm an idiot. I implore you all - if you don't back stuff up on floppy disks - i mean everything - do it.

How'd you fry it?
Back ups are soemthing I always promise to do....but I just cant be arsed wasting a day to save all this crap onto 28 moollion cd's.
I say crap, but I'd cry if I lost it.

that sucks...I would have probably just thrown it out the window and then jumped out after

:hug: jkayet

I always back everything up on CD, usually at least once per month, sometimes more

I really think your hard drive is fine! Just have them take it out and put it in your new one. It is the motherboard that I think is fucked up from that spill.

So don't worry too much...

Melon

melon said:
So don't worry too much...

Melon
Yeah, I have a tendency to do that... :slant: Things are looking up though. I managed to get it going and (despite a strong burning smell) it actually recognized the hard drive after a couple days. :hyper: So now I've saved everything I possibly can and am just praying it doesn't blow up on me. :D Thanks!

I know how you feel j.. :( My hard drive was going bad in my computer..luckily I had enough time to back up my important stuff at least.

I do backups to CDs now every month or so of my photos and documents. :|

Sicy said:
I do backups to CDs now every month or so of my photos and documents. :|
I am going to have to figure out how to do that before I pack up my computer for a couple months. Don't want any scary surprises when I start it up again. :slant:

Back
Top Bottom