IO: I've got a sunburn...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2zoogirl

War Child
Ouch.... :sad:
I wear a bit of sun cream in my face.. but my arms are red, and I feel so uncomfortable....

That's why I don't like to go to soccer games... But all in the name of friendship :hug:

Last edited:
Natural youghurt is supposed to help isn't it?
I get sunburn here on a "warm" summer day even if I spend 15 minutes outside, I will not survive in a hot country. :|

one time my friend fell asleep in the sun and got burnt on his armpits. now thats pain.

beli said:
Im genetically English/Irish/Scottish - ginger blonde hair, freckles etc. I live in one of the hottest countries on the planet. :huh:

:yikes: you have to be so careful...
I live in place where the weather is extreme: one day is hot and sunny and the next one is rainy and freezing... so I get colds all the time :|

I'm getting a weird "truck driver" tan...

Last edited:
U2zoogirl said:

:yikes: you have to be so careful...
I live in place where the weather is extreme: one day is hot and sunny and the next one is rainy and freezing... so I get colds all the time :|

I'm getting a weird "truck driver" tan...

I'm mainly of Scottish descent and live in the U.S. South, which has a semitropical climate. When I get sunburned I'm really fried. Ouch!

I got sunburn once when it was less than 60 degrees F outside and overcast. :der:

I wear sunblock on my face everyday otherwise I'd look like a prune.

my spanish teacher made a joke at me today she said if I had a boyfriend who was spanish/ dark skinned I would look hilarious because I am so white, she couldnt stop laughing. :|
I wear total sunblock during an irish summer. My skin is really sensitive, I can't even use sensitive face products or they burn it. haha. :slant:

Lara, you sound like my twin! I have been called "Ghost" all my life because of my skin colour. Teased endlessly. It is one of the few remaining 'acceptable' bigotries to mock pale skinned people. The only people who didnt use to make fun of me growing up were the Aboriginals who you used to comfort me and counsel me that at least my skin still gets me in the door (I grew up in 'apartheid' areas). I was also born with uneven pigment ie I didnt have enough skin on my back in between my shoulder blades, and on my nose. The area was red as you could see through the weeny bit of skin I did have. So I had to be fully dressed until I was 20 odd so that the skin could grow over.

I wear total block out too. All the time. I dont go swimming in the day time. We have a pool at our house so I can swim at night time.

There was an event in Perth last year about getting 30 minutes of exercise a day. I went on it as it was on the tree top bridge in winter and I was fulled covered from head to toe with a wide brimmed hat. The photographer took my photo and published it! I guess Im a good example of being sun smart.

If you ever come to Perth, Lara, I can take you on a tour of all the indoor entertainment.

:hug:

and meggie and verte and the other 'fairs'.

Last edited:
I'm another fair skinned Canadian by way of Scotland & Finland but it's my kids who remind me to use sunscreen. I should add that I'm really bad about using it too.

I'm very pale cause I'm of celtic and scandinavian descent, but i don't burn as easy as you would expect for someone as pale as me (though i do burn more easily than the average), I have a yellow cast to my skin instead of pink so maybe that has something to do with it.
What's really fun is burning yourself so bad that you get blisters, done that a few times :|

beli said:

If you ever come to Perth, Lara, I can take you on a tour of all the indoor entertainment.

:hug:

thank You Beli, I would probably stay indoors all day drinking water and sitting beside a fan :lol: :shifty:

My sister and brother have nice skin it tans really nicely and my friend who used to live next door lived in South Africa until he was 14 so he is used to warm weather and never gets burnt, one day we sat in the sun, I sat in the shade with my total sunblock on, I went in after about 45 minutes, he stayed outside hours, later that evening he came over and I was sitting with lots of aftersun and complaining how burnt I was, I was only a slightly pink colour but my skin looked blistered, I even got burnt through my socks, he was still the same colour and spent the week laughing at me. :|

My friend Joe from school used to call me Eddie's sister
They all called my brother Eddie Munster because he was so white. :lmao:
He still calls me it to this day though 4 years later.
:|

Back
Top Bottom