IO: Burning forum questions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing with Crown is he starts off here spamming a thread with cryptic messages and weird pictures. Then he rips into long standing members senses of humor, implying his is superior and that he is bringing new life to a dull board. A board he's been on for 2 days.

So call me crazy, but I can see why people wouldn't be welcoming him with open arms.

Dusty Bottoms said:
The thing with Crown is he starts off here spamming a thread with cryptic messages and weird pictures. Then he rips into long standing members senses of humor, implying his is superior and that he is bringing new life to a dull board. A board he's been on for 2 days.

So call me crazy, but I can see why people wouldn't be welcoming him with open arms.

You said it best, Dusty.

AtomicBono said:

your befuddlement is . . . a droplet in the ocean where the dolphins play ]

gaze upon the threads which were supposedly derailed likeatrainoffthetracks - - : were they not simply an extension of the original concept¿

Yes posts like this:

bono's speeches are mundane and pedestrian, he hardly transcends the third thoughtplane at all and besides, what dredgery of existence must we partake in order to suffer the illusory mendacity of reality? he never answers this clearly. leave the thoughtsphere explorations for true mindbeings.

I'm supposed to accept as on topic. :rolleyes:

philly

accept it for what it is

was it my thread? did he stay on topic? yes

did he use odd language? sure

is that against the FAQ? no

im sorry that your board existence
relies upon you
understanding other peoples humor

and crying when you dont

have i complained about your humor? or your diction?

no.

so basically...
cry me a river
build me a bridge
and get over it.

SOUL.™

Mountain Dew Ma said:
philly

accept it for what it is

relies upon you

and crying when you dont

no.

so basically...
cry me a river
build me a bridge
and get over it.

SOUL.™

Well, at least this post is completely coherent and leaves nothing to the imagination.

phillyfan26 said:
What's on topic about any of what he says after the first six words?

how many words must exist?'' '

i do not control this thoughtbeing, but he is my familiar companion nonetheless . / your anger does not bemuse my skeletalcogmind∆

(translation: he's one of my best friends, i dont tell him what to do but i'll stand by him unless he does something completely out of line, which in my view he hasnt. get over it. not every word was on topic, but he didn't derail the thread. the thread got derailed by other people discussing gas bills...which again, who cares, why does every thread have to remain completely on topic?)

Dusty Bottoms said:

I'm quoting this bad boy again because it's the exact reason this has me and other people flustered.

No spoken words said:
I like my imagination just fine, thanks, but I'm not sure I need to employ it on a silly forum.

Really.

oh. ok.

everything in IO is sooooo serious.
so is lemonade stand, right?

nice contribution to my speech thread, too.
really.

Mountain Dew Ma said:
philly

accept it for what it is

relies upon you

and crying when you dont

no.

so basically...
cry me a river
build me a bridge
and get over it.

SOUL.™

No, he did not stay on topic.

My board existence doesn't base itself upon other posters' humor, and I certainly have not "cried" over it.

I have no issue with you. You, I will give credit, have stayed more on topic than others.

And your thread on speeches was a good thought.

I just wonder what the point is about what you are doing, and why you've kept it up. If you were to have made a point, would it not have come across already?

Did I say I needed to be serious all the time? No, I'm one of the least serious people here. My posting your quote was not me being serious. There's a gap between using imagination, and posting nonsense...and we both know a lot about posting nonsense.

Thicken that skin up, I'm not against you here.

phillyfan26 said:

No, he did not stay on topic.

My board existence doesn't base itself upon other posters' humor, and I certainly have not "cried" over it.

I have no issue with you. You, I will give credit, have stayed more on topic than others.

And your thread on speeches was a good thought.

I just wonder what the point is about what you are doing, and why you've kept it up. If you were to have made a point, would it not have come across already?

what am i doing?
posting in the "silly" forums
such as IO
and LS?

and being a goof ball?

what a crime.

Mountain Dew Ma said:

oh. ok.

everything in IO is sooooo serious.
so is lemonade stand, right?

nice contribution to my speech thread, too.
really.

But to what end is your "imagination being used here?" What point is it that requires this constant string of thought and vagueness and a cloud of words?

No spoken words said:
Did I say I needed to be serious all the time? No, I'm one of the least serious people here. My posting your quote was not me being serious. There's a gap between using imagination, and posting nonsense...and we both know a lot about posting nonsense.

my skin is plenty thick
but excuse me if im a little touchy
my soul is being attacked.

95+% of my posts
in any of my threads
meant on u2
in this forum
have been 100% on topic

the "future of U2" or whatever thread
was a little more abstract

when a mod then contacted me
saying to tone it down

i complied.

and i am entitled
much like others
to have fun
in LS or IO

soul.

No spoken words said:

image29.jpg

I'm against everyone. Eat yo planet, bitch!

AtomicBono said:
(translation: he's one of my best friends, i dont tell him what to do but i'll stand by him unless he does something completely out of line, which in my view he hasnt. get over it. not every word was on topic, but he didn't derail the thread. the thread got derailed by other people discussing gas bills...which again, who cares, why does every thread have to remain completely on topic?)

But what has he contributed other than nonsense? I'm not accusing him of being inappropriate. The point of this thread was to wonder what the deal is with these posts.

You claimed to be making some sort of joke. What joke requires this much repetition to be landed?

I'm not attacking you, trust me on that.

And you're entitled to post however you like, and I have no problem with your posts, for whatever that is worth to you. I was just making a joke by quoting your post, no offense meant. And sorry if Unicron fucked up your speech thread. :)

phillyfan26 said:

But to what end is your "imagination being used here?" What point is it that requires this constant string of thought and vagueness and a cloud of words?

to what end
is yours being used?

taking everything
at surface value.

and not going beyond the box
of you thoughtbeing of humor

and your soul.

you continued (over)reaction to everything
especially when i have done zero, zilch
to anybody on this forum
nor act condescending
towards anybody here
in my time
(ever)
is humorous to me.

i dont understand the ruckus.
maybe i never will?

maybe i have my

SOUL™

No spoken words said:
I'm not attacking you, trust me on that.

And you're entitled to post however you like, and I have no problem with your posts, for whatever that is worth to you. I was just making a joke by quoting your post, no offense meant. And sorry if Unicron fucked up your speech thread. :)

it didn't.

i actually dont know why it was closed.

i contacted the mod that closed it a few nights ago and have had no reply.

its ok though
i doubt many more contributions were coming.

Mountain Dew Ma said:
to what end
is yours being used?

taking everything
at surface value.

and not going beyond the box
of you thoughtbeing of humor

and your soul.

you continued (over)reaction to everything
especially when i have done zero, zilch
to anybody on this forum
nor act condescending
towards anybody here
in my time
(ever)
is humorous to me.

i dont understand the ruckus.
maybe i never will?

maybe i have my

SOUL™

Well, I was informed a couple pages back that this is one big joke. My question is what joke are you landing and why does it require so many posts to land?

I have no beef here with you. Your style is abstract, but you have stayed on topic. The topic of this thread was, what is going on with your posts? That's what we're discussing. This means little to me.

As I said, I thought your idea about the speeches was a good one, but like LMP said, it's hard to take them seriously with all of the additional nonsense, which is ultimately why it got derailed.

I probably could have made an actual contribution to that thread, but, sometimes, my immaturity gets the better of me. I don't think for a second that my chronic posting of Unicron is funny to anyone but myself, yet I kept doing it, and if anyone had an issue with it, that was their problem. Much like it's everyone's else's problem if they do not find you amusing. On that note, I must withdraw to my dinner chambers for a succulent meal of buffalo wings.

phillyfan26 said:

But what has he contributed other than nonsense? I'm not accusing him of being inappropriate. The point of this thread was to wonder what the deal is with these posts.

You claimed to be making some sort of joke. What joke requires this much repetition to be landed?

well not every post he has ever made is in that style though?

your thoughtself is not on the correct superdimensional thoughtplane of existence > / haveyoueverheardofsatire

The only beef I have with anyone is Crown and Diet. Will I have to throw down Internet Fisticuffs with this fellow? That remains to be seen.

It'll be a Vegas-esque prize fight.

phillyfan26 said:

Well, I was informed a couple pages back that this is one big joke. My question is what joke are you landing and why does it require so many posts to land?

I have no beef here with you. Your style is abstract, but you have stayed on topic. The topic of this thread was, what is going on with your posts? That's what we're discussing. This means little to me.

As I said, I thought your idea about the speeches was a good one, but like LMP said, it's hard to take them seriously with all of the additional nonsense, which is ultimately why it got derailed.

there is no actual joke. it's just
random
nonsense
like the rest
of this part
of the forum

there is no punchline
i guess

YOU (a general y-o-u not just you)
are the punchline?™

i am soul™

Status