I'm Officially Excited

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
I just found out that the US Figure Skating Championships are this weekend here in Dallas :hyper:

I'm going to try to get tickets to see the men's and ladie's figure skating finals on Saturday :happy:

I've always wanted to see one of those competitions in person rather than just on tv...I've seen plenty of ice shows, but never a competition

:hyper:

I hope I can still get tickets :uhoh:

Last edited:
stoopid ticketmaster is down for *routine maintenance* :rant: (at least the part of the website that allows you to search for tickets) :grumpy:

I thik I'm going to bed now :wave: :hug:

Last edited:
Thats pretty cool Abel, hope you get some tickets. I used to go watch a friend of mine who was training for the Olympics (never made it though). Who's performing?

I don't have a schedule of who's performing, I know they mentioned Michelle Kwan and Timothy Gaeble (sp?)

Next question....Ticketmaster is back online....do I get the $30 nosebleed seats, or splurge for the $85 seats (plus $7.50 convenience charge)

:hmm:

I'd hate to charge that much on my credit card...cuz I wanna see the men's and ladie's competition, but it's $85 for each event!!! :ohmy:

But, this is the first time this even has been held in Dallas, and it will be a long time before I get to see it, if I get to see it again...and nosebleed isn't much better than watching it at home on tv, but my credit card is carrying a pretty hefty balance already :ohmy:

:banghead:

actually, this is the first time this even is being held in the state of Texas....what to do...

ok, i haven't ordered tickets yet...my stoopid credit card was denied, I was like wtf? :censored: I just paid my overdue amount that they said I owed like two days ago by check by phone...I called the credit card company and they said I still owed $146 that was past due! Why didn't they tell me that two days ago when I paid the $70? I would have paid it all at one time :banghead:

so anyway....back to these tickets....I think I'm just going to go to the box office tomorrow and try there (my credit card will be active by then), I think I'll have better luck there...or has anyone tried this feature that ticketmaster has where they send you the tickets to your e-mail and you just print them out? I'm kinda leary of doing it that way :shrug:

If you'll splurge on supplies for a dying bonsai tree and not splurge on yourself for good ice skating tickets, then you are a freak. :coocoo: :der:

:wave:

Wow, I love figure skating! My dad taped the ice dance OD's for me today because I had to work during them :censored: .....it'd be cool to have all of those skaters in my city. Too bad about your ticket hassles.:mad: :scream: :censored:

Bonochick said:
Killing people is so damn rude. :mad:

At the very least...........it's disgusting. Like I said don't take that literally, it's just a figure of speech. "I'd kill to do Act X because I'd love Act X". Screw Act X :censored:

I just saw a commercial for the Figureskating Championships on TV! They're gonna show it on tv on Saturday on ABC! :hyper:

gawd, my credit card better work by tomorrow like they said it would :mad:

I got my tickets this morning! :happy: :dance: :D

I went ahead and got the two $85 tickets :ohmy: the only thing they had available besides the $85 tickets was the $30 ones in the upper level, which imo wouldn't be much different than watching it at home on tv

So y'all should watch the competitions on ABC on Saturday...maybe you'll see me...I'll have to post a seating chart of where I'll be sitting :cute:

I LOOOOOVE watching ice skating
LIKE A FOX!!

as promised...pics from the 2003 men's and ladies' finals....

for the men's finals I got lucky and got to sit really close to the area where the skaters come out! Before the performance, I went to the box office to try to get a last minute upgrade on tickets...I started talking to a lady standing in front of me in line. She asked me what event I wanted tickets for, and I told her I already had tickets to both events, that I was just looking for an upgrade. She had actually bought tickets to all the events (they sold them in packages), so she had an extra ticket. She said I could have it! When I asked how much, she said nothing! :shocked: she said she wasn't going to use it anyway! I got to see all the news cameras, and Dick Buttons, and some of the other news personalities who's names I can't recall right now...

here's the first pic...at the top of the blue area is where ABC was broadcasting from...the lady in black with blond hair is one of the reporters that I see all the time on these skating events, and the guy too (I think she's a former ice skater).

Attachments

• abc1.jpg
    abc1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 20
here's one of the outside of the American Airline's Center

Attachments

• americanairlinescenter.jpg
    americanairlinescenter.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 20
another one of Dick Buttons, and one of the sportcasters on ABC (I think he's a former skater too, but I can't recall his name)

Attachments

• dickbuttons2.jpg
    dickbuttons2.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom