Zooropa Rocks Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really like it..Zooropa and Lemon are two of U2's best epics and introduced fresh new sounds once again for the band. Stay is one of U2's best ever ballads. Having said that, if they'd done the following:

Replace Babyface with HMTMKMKM (created during Zooropa sessions)

Replace Crashed Car with Discotheque (also created back then)

Remove Some Days Are Better Than Others

Then this album would be a borderline classic..as it is I really like it as an 8/10 album..and I know some people hate The Wanderer but I love hearing Johnny Cash coming in at the end, totally unexpected..his voice really suits the theme of the song.

love zooropa. always reminds me of the summer of '93 when it came out--just graduated from high school and heading off to university. 'zooropa' and 'lemon' helped get me through some rough times ('dream out loud'/'midnight is where the day begins').

long live macphisto!

It bugs me how people just regard it as an extension 2 'Achtung Baby'.

Take out Somedays and Dirty Day and replace it w/ Last Night on Earth, Discotheque, and HMTMKMKM like said earlier, it wulda been an even more amazing album.

I love this album! It's my favourite, tied with HTDAAB and War, with POP coming in a close second. It's just so damn good, i wouldn't change a thing. Words can't describe how great this album is!

Seriously... Zooropa has to be my all time favorite CD, I think a lot of people underestimate how good it really is. sure it wasnt a best seller. But the tour ruled over all that year.

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:
It's such an amazing album, that everyone here wants to pull songs off it, and replace them w/ tunes from Pop?

Tetchy. :)

Its a great album without those changes, I was merely saying that it would have been even better if they'd used those songs since they had them written and demoed at the time..

"and i have no compass, and i have now map, and i have no reason, no reason to get back"

"i dont know you and you dont know the half of it"

" i left with nothing, nothing but the thought of you, i went wondering"

"a vampire or a victim, it depends on who's around"

"to much is not enough"

I get chills every time i here them:drool:

Zooropa is one of my favorites albums of all time. It's so different from everything out there. At the same time it has marvelous songs! hmm, maybe it's time to pick it and listen to it again :hmm:

Didnt it when an award for best alternative album in 93? That's cool. Totally different to the stuff that would qualify for the 'Alternative' category these days.

Listened to Lemon last night for the 1st time in ages. Wonderful song....I love the fact that it's well over 6 mins long, but not one second in bad! Brilliant.

bonojr62 said:
Heres too the greatest U2 album out there. Any other major Zooropa fans out there?

Zooropa, Babyface, lemon, STAY!, Daddy's..., Dirty day, Wanderer

I would not know U2 without these songs.

Here is a song that anyone that loved ACHTUNG BABY will love. Please do download and share this because I think that this is one of their most overlooked songs from themselves and their producers. Let's send a message that this is a must have on the album, even these 9 days before the release. This is the link. Please email me if this expires. I will send you a new link.

http://s14.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=553D244708CB9AFC8D1D359C8F6F4DF7

Last edited:
Zooropa is the best, IMO. They aren't trying soo hard and the vocals/lyrics are so cool. I would love another mid-tour project to surface again. This album shows how great Edge really is. He is a master at crafting just the right amount of layers on these songs...everything since has been slightly on the over-produced side.

I wouldn't change any of those tracks for anything...it is near perfect already. Love Dirtyday...it was mirror ball before POP arrived.

:dance: :edge: :dance:

Yep, a great album, I love Some Days Are Better Than Others, it's like an alternative version of Beautiful Day, very cool song with a killer bass. It has the glorious Dirty Day and The First Time. I also think The Wander is actually a really under rated track.

Gotta say tho, that I prefered the Dirty Day versions on the Please single to the one they used on the album.
Mainly for when Bono shouts..."WAKE UUUUUUUUP"

Cos there's just some things you can't get around ya know?!:wink:

dandy said:
love zooropa. always reminds me of the summer of '93 when it came out--just graduated from high school and heading off to university.

Yeah I had just graduated from HS that year too and that album seemed to kind of come out of nowhere. And it was the last time we didn't have to wait so many years for a new U2 album. I loved Some Days Are Better Than Others and Stay.

It has grown on me recently. Too bad they didn't add Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me on it.

At first I liked about half of it: Zooropa, Babyface, Stay, First time, Some days are better than others.

Then Dirty day joined them.

I like the mix of Numb on the Best of (the new one, with more guitar at the end and more clear Bono and Larry backing vocals), I like Lemon and Daddy's gonna pay... live. Does that count?

(on the album though, I feel Lemon is too long, I cannot get into Numb and Daddy; though it has probably the most addictive beat ever from Larry)

Back
Top Bottom