Zoo Station was used in About A Boy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lazyboy

War Child
This could be way way old news, but just saw the movie there on thursday, it's great btw! Great soundtrack too by Badly Drawn Boy. So I definitely wasn't expecting it when Zoo Station came pumping outta the speakers! It's used really well too, this kinda showdown scene and Hugh Grant's character is listening to it and he keeps turning it up louder, gets a fair chunk of it played.

So there, go see the film now
tongue.gif
Nah, it's well worth seeing anyway, don't think it's been released yet in the States, watch out for it!

One of those U2 surprises I think Bonochick was talking bout, ya gotta love em
biggrin.gif

Ah, another good excuse to go see what looks like to be an awesome movie...it's released here in the States next Friday I think.....
biggrin.gif

I have been wanting to see that movie. Looks really interesting. I love it when Hugh Grant plays a smarmy character.
biggrin.gif

And U2 featured can't hurt.
wink.gif

I went and saw this movie on Friday afternoon and it was great! I really enjoyed it. Hugh does a lovely job as portraying a slacker useless guy who finally gets a bit of a clue. The new haircut suits him as does the role in which he gets to be charming and smarmy (ala Bridget Jones) at the same time. Based on the book by Nick Hornby (who also wrote the book on which the John Cusack movie ?High Fidelity? was based? hilarious film that was!)

The Zoo Station moment was priceless! The song is really well-used and featured quite prominently in one scene. Even though I knew (from reading this thread) that it would be there, it still sent a great thrill of U2 fuzzies through me when it came blaring over the speakers.
biggrin.gif

I went to see this movie last night. Hugh Grant's clothes....wow....

Anyway, the Zoo Station scene was great! I told my friend, "See? You know he can't be all bad if he listens to U2."
biggrin.gif

------------------
A song is a beautiful lie

I saw the movie on Saturday nite and thought it was great also.......Zoo Station is used in an unique way
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by browneyedgirl (edited 05-20-2002).]

I loved the movie it's great, for the 1st time Hugh Grant doesn't annoy me...but speaking of commercials using U2 I was watching a spanish station and a promotion featuring the ZOOTV video from Sydney came on...it's about some talent search their doing in Mexico I think, but the interesting thing was that in the background (of the phone# to call for info) was Bono spraying champagne(sp?); this is the scene that was cut out of the video right? anyways funny that I finally got to see it in some weird spanish commercial
smile.gif

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"You changed me--and I thank you for that." -Bono 11/5/01

WWJND?

Back
Top Bottom