Yaweh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Murray

Acrobat
There seems to be a lack of knowledge about this song from the reviews we read. Songs like 'Vertigo,' 'City Of Blinding Lights,' and 'All Because Of You' are all described so vividly and detailed, but we really know nothing about this song. All we know is that is has a 'soaring' chorus and 'poetic and religious' lyrics.

:scratch:

Hrmm a U2 song that has a soaring chorus and religious and poltical lyrics.. Geez. I don't think U2 has EVER done a song like that.

Isn't "Yahweh" supposed to be an instrumental piece?

I thought that's what I read. :wink:

So, if "Yahweh" is an instrumental piece by Edge, then it wouldn't have words.

Does anyone else remember reading this? :scratch:

So much U2 information, so little time! :laugh:

YOU GIVE ME SOMETHING I CAN FEEL....:adam: :larry: :edge: :bono: :love:

I think Yahweh is the song that will dissapoint me the most.
Based on al the interviews, I think Yahweh will something be like "Peace On Earth" or "Wake Up Dead Man", which are not my favorite U2-songs.

Of course I'm hoping that I'm wrong, and that it will be a killer-song.

Yes it was. It was a hidden bonus track on the Faroe Islands edition of the album. You have to enter Larry's birth date with your stereo remote to hear it. It's very nice, actually. It's got a soaring chorus and poetic religious lyrics.

Jamila said:
Isn't "Yahweh" supposed to be an instrumental piece?

I thought that's what I read. :wink:

So, if "Yahweh" is an instrumental piece by Edge, then it wouldn't have words.

Does anyone else remember reading this? :scratch:

So much U2 information, so little time! :laugh:

YOU GIVE ME SOMETHING I CAN FEEL....:adam: :larry: :edge: :bono: :love:

I remember reading this, but its not true.

I read that there is a small instrumental buried somewhere in the album. my guess by reading the previews is that it is so close to the song it precedes, that everyone is just saying it is part of one song. My guess is that the instrumental precedes the six minute song, the one with a piano intro which gives way to the guitars. I think it may be "City of blinding lights" but I'd have to check.

Back
Top Bottom