Xtra ticket for Bono's Liberty Medal ceremony in Philly tomorrow (Thurs 9/26). - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2007, 09:20 PM   #1
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:27 AM
Xtra ticket for Bono's Liberty Medal ceremony in Philly tomorrow (Thurs 9/26).

I have an extra ticket for tomorrow's presentation of the Liberty Medal to Bono (at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia). I have two tickets, but because of sudden/unexpected family issues, one of the tickets is now available.

So, if you are interested, I'll give it (free naturally) to the first person who responds to this message and can really attend the event. It's a "standing room" ticket to the outdoor event. You enter the ceremony at 6th & Arch Streets in Philadelphia. Ticket holders may enter the secured area at 4:30pm. The event begins at 7pm sharp.

However...the letter that came with the tickets also reads, "This is an outdoor event. If the event is moved indoors because of severe weather, general admission ticket holders will not be allowed into the facility. The decision about weather will be posted on our website by 12 noon on the day of the cermony."

Their website is www.constitutioncenter.org/libertymedal. It says they can also be contacted by telephone at (215) 409-6700 from 10am - 5pm.

Unfortunately, I don't have a good feeling about the weather. The weather forecast isn't so good. The call is for rain most of the day. So, I suppose there is a good chance that this ticket may not pay off. Nonetheless, it says that the event might be moved indoors in case of "severe" weather. That might mean high winds, lightning, etc. Or, maybe it just means a little rain. We'll know at noon tomorrow.

If the event does go forward (outdoors), then I'll be going. I suppose I can just give the ticket to whoever wants it late tomorrow afternoon somewhere around 6th & Arch. Whoever responds, I'll give you my email address and make arrangements about how to give you the ticket. I'll just give you the ticket and you can be on your way. Or, maybe there's a "will call" booth at the Constitution Center where I can leave it for you. I don't know.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:52 PM   #2
The Fly

Local Time: 02:27 AM
Hey, I'm hopefully going to this too. Let's cross our fingers for the weather. Do you know if it's informal or formal?

Old 09-26-2007, 10:00 PM   #3
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by livviebway
Hey, I'm hopefully going to this too. Let's cross our fingers for the weather. Do you know if it's informal or formal?
If you're one of the standing room ticket holding riff raff (like me), then I'm sure it's informal. I won't be wearing my tophat and tails in the rain. Those who hold reserved tickets (and are attending the "gala event" that follows) I'm sure will be breaking out the crown jewels.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:03 PM   #4
The Fly

Local Time: 02:27 AM
I've got a seated area ticket. but I think it's still in the area for us plebs. No gala for me. I think I'll cry if they cancel.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:37 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:27 AM
We're not riff raff, we're the real fans. I bet the people in the first row can't even name one song.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:14 PM   #6
Val
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Rif raf over here and proud of it. I still hate my wardrobe, though. See ya all there!
Old 09-27-2007, 12:11 AM   #7
Babyface

Local Time: 09:27 AM
Hi, do you still have the extra ticket? or if there is anyone with an extra ticket, I would appreciate it. email serendipity259@gmail.com
Old 09-27-2007, 07:09 AM   #8
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by serendipity259
Hi, do you still have the extra ticket? or if there is anyone with an extra ticket, I would appreciate it. email serendipity259@gmail.com
Email sent.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:38 AM   #9
Refugee

Oh I hope the rain holds off!!!
Old 09-27-2007, 09:49 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I really hope the weather stays nice for the ceremony for all of you.

Fate has a strange way of working. I almost tried to get tickets, but I couldn't because of my new job. As it turns out, I've been extremely sick all week and wouldn't have been able to go anyway, and I can only imagine how disappointed I would've been.

I hope everybody has a good trip into the city and enjoys the ceremony!
Old 09-27-2007, 10:27 AM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:57 PM
Quote:
We're not riff raff, we're the real fans. I bet the people in the first row can't even name one song.
Oh, come on - this is U2 we're talking about. Not exactly an underground cult favourite.

Enjoy the show, guys.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:42 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:27 AM
I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of you who are going, especially for good and dry weather!

I'll be watching the webcast, unless I fall asleep, it will be 1 a. m. here.

I wish I 'd be there as well, I would love to see Bono again.