Wow, Mercy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
shart1780 said:
Finally this song is getting recognition. I thought I was the only one who's heard it.

And what's wrong with a 6+ minute song? I don't see why our attentions can't be held for more than a few minutes.

it's more just that there is extra stuff that we don't need....basically the song just needs to go on a diet, and it will be pretty much invincible...there's nothing wrong with a 6 minute song, but when it's length is a result of unnecessary repetition, it would be better to just take the best parts out of the 6 minutes, eliminate some of this repetition and re record it...

and for those saying this is a bad song...that's just plain blindness! How can you call this song bad? Even if you don't like parts of the lyrics, a lot of the lyrics as they are now are quite good, but the more important thing IMO...listen to the melody, the chorus...the flow...if you listen to just the musical qualities to this song, and you still aren't impressed, then...i don't know! that doesn't make sense! This is the U2 sound!...:sigh:

hopefully the re worked version on the next album will be even better though..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom