Would you travel to Australia to see U2?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
This is a bit of a hypothetical question but I am just curious to know if any of you interferencers would be willing too or would seriously consider travelling to Australia if U2 were brought Elevation here at some stage next year??, I just thought about this as I was looking at someones pics from the Las Vegas shows and I was thinking how cool it would be to have a big get together like that in Australia with fellow interferencers, anyway would any of you be prepared to do it and which city would you prefer to go to????
smile.gif

------------------
"thankyou!...... thankyou, thankyou for coming out.....it's a nice place you got here, your lucky to live here.....some of our mates, ahhh, some of our mates get busted for hi-jacking aeroplanes, we get busted for wearing sandals,...... you know thats, thats cool.....alright thankyou for coming out and, and.... spending the big bucks to see Popmart, thanks alot"

Bono: ANZ Stadium @ Brisbane, February 25th 1998.....

I would fly over to Australia to see some cricket

U2 would be a nice bonus

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I dont have a passport and I'm scared of flying.. especially 76 hours or whatever insane amount of time it is.

But Vegas was fun... and meeting people was very cool.. so I just might.

would love to travel to Australia even if U2 wasn't playing.

------------------
~ME THREE

Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

I would if I could afford it!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
I dont have a passport and I'm scared of flying.. especially 76 hours or whatever insane amount of time it is.

But Vegas was fun... and meeting people was very cool.. so I just might.

how many american's have passports?

------------------
we are no closer than we were yesterday.

That would seriously rock. But, I can't even afford gas right now, so I'll just wish you all a good time if it does happen.
smile.gif

------------------
"I sometimes get the odd twinge that I wouldn't mind playing lead guitar, just like a couple of notes, but that's about as near as I would want to get to the front." -Larry

I dont understand the question.

a professor of mine, who was formerly the washington correspondent for canadian daily globe & mail, was telling me that only a quarter of congress have passports.

i was wondering how many american citizens see a purpose in having a passport?

------------------

Originally posted by kobayashi:

i was wondering how many american citizens see a purpose in having a passport?

that's a good question. i do but not alot of my friends do.

------------------
~ME THREE

Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

Well... if we want to travel to other countries we need a passport.

? Maybe I'm just majorly confoozed here. ?

Are you saying that Americans dont travel to other countries very often?

Well... if we want to travel to other countries we need a passport.

? Maybe I'm just majorly confoozed here. ?

Are you saying that Americans dont travel to other countries very often?

well you can take whatever you want from it, of course. but when i see that only a quarter of congress have passports(which could be interpreted as a desire to see the outside world) and these people(given their incomes and leisure time) definetely have the means it suggests that the states is a highly internalized society who don't see the need to experience other cultures-it's not a positive trend. i wonder the same thing of canada since the only place most of us ever go is florida.

------------------

i wonder the same thing of canada since the only place most of us ever go is florida.

I think that everybody I know in Canada has a passport. But here, especially in the GTA, most of us have families overseas, and a passport is a necessity.

Traveling to Australia and seeing U2 perform would be a dream come true for me. If I ever got the chance to do that, I would in a flash. But I wouldn't travel to Australia ONLY to see U2.

------------------
One day we'd reach the great ocean
At the end of a pale afternoon
And we'd lay down our heads just like we were sleeping
And be towed by the drag of the moon

-Sting

I don't have a passport.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Well, the reason most Americans don't have passports is that we just don't travel abroad that much. There's so much to see in this country, plus it's easier and cheaper to drive where you need to go than to fly to Europe for example. Travelling abroad is seen as expensive for most Americans, except for Canada, which I'm not even sure you need a passport to visit (can someone correct me here?).

Of course in Europe, travelling to another country isn't much of a big deal, since the countries are smaller and the EU makes it easy. But how often does the average European go to North America or Asia? Probably not very often. It's more likely that a Spaniard will visit France, or that an Italian will visit Germany. Similarly, someone living in New York is likely to visit Connecticut or New Jersey more often than Switzerland.

I think Americans do travel a lot, but not to other continents. Most of us would like to see other countries, but we usually can't afford to or we don't have vacation time (US workers average about 16 days per year, versus 25-30 days for European workers).

------------------
Change is the only constant

how many american's have passports?

I do. However, remember the reason why most do not - one isn't needed to get into and return from Canada and Mexico (at least the last time I went). And unlike Europe, which has many smaller countries, the U.S. is rather large. One can see many sites and cultures within one country. As such, not as many people need passports.

i wonder the same thing of canada since the only place most of us ever go is florida.

You damn people cause so much traffic problems in Miami it's not even funny!!!!
tongue.gif

I'm just joking I lived in Miami for like, oh 10 years. It's funny you mention it cause there are certain times of year you see more Canadian license plates than locals, especially around the the traffic jams
wink.gif

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

I wouldn't go to Australia to see U2 unless I won a trip or the lottery or something. Too far away.

I'd go in a heartbeat! I've flown back and forth to Indonesia so many times that a 15+ hour flight is not daunting.
smile.gif
My passport is up to date, and I need more new stamps in it. If it happens and some of you Aussie interferencers are up for hosting some Yanks, I'll try to make it. Great excuse to visit the country next door that I never saw.
biggrin.gif

-sula

if time and money permitted, i would go in a heartbeat!

------------------
God has got his phone off the hook, babe...Would he even pick up if he could?

I have always wanted to go to Australia. It's at the top of my list for travel destinations if I ever get enough money to do some travelling.

Yay to all the people that would do it!!
biggrin.gif
I would be happy to be your guide...although I doubt whether anyone would want to visit Perth as it's pretty, uh, small and stuff. and I doubt whether the band would come back as the Popmart show was a disappointment for them.

Can I get a "Hell yeah!"?? I've always wanted to go to Australia, and would have seen PopMart there or in Japan if I could have pulled it off, but it wasn't possible at the time. Maybe next time... Let's plan an Oz Interference party!

--
I know a girl, a girl called Party
Party girl
I know she wants more than a party
Party Girl

Originally posted by alreadygone:
Can I get a "Hell yeah!"?? I've always wanted to go to Australia, and would have seen PopMart there or in Japan if I could have pulled it off, but it wasn't possible at the time. Maybe next time... Let's plan an Oz Interference party!

--
I know a girl, a girl called Party
Party girl
I know she wants more than a party
Party Girl

As long as I get to stand next to you on the railing!
biggrin.gif

I dont understand the question.

Apparently, you need to have a talk with Bono, he was just commenting about this very thing (see Spin mag) and you can see the obvious problem in missing rock concerts.

Here I have mine but no money. Thanks to rock concerts.

We'll have to make do by visiting a fine San Francisco museum, on a free Wednesday of course.

I flew all the way to England and Ireland for a U2 show
biggrin.gif

its um 23 hours from teh Uk and less from teh States, no, not 76 hrs Sicy.
Guys, we are already planning an inter Oz party, and the band arent even coming hehe
It would be very cool if some non Aussies came too.

Australia is a party place guys, you'd have a ball
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom