Worst Album Survivor: Round VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your FAVOURITE album

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your FAVOURITE album.

Welcome to the eighth round of Worst Album Survivor. In this tournament, we are voting for our favourite albums, with the most popular album eliminated each round until we are left with just one album, the least favourite. In other words, elimination is a good thing here. This round will last 24 hours. The last round was closely fought, and War emerged the victor.

ELIMINATED

1. Achtung Baby
2. The Joshua Tree
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Pop
5. Zooropa
6. Boy
7. War

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
39 votes: War
36: All That You Can't Leave Behind
17: Rattle And Hum
14: How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
12: October
(Total votes: 118)

Now it's October's turn. Hope it goes this round.

RATTLE AND HUM BABY

Am I talking in greek here?

Amazing that 3 of U2's best albums are still here. The semi-final should be Boy, October and War.

RATTLE AND HUM BABY

Am I talking in greek here?

Amazing that 3 of U2's best albums are still here. The semi-final should be Boy, October and War.

See, I'm quite glad that three of U2's four worst albums are still here. Those being HTDAAB, which at least can be saved through alternate tracklistings, RAH, which has a few awesome songs but absolutely no sense of being an album, and the utterly irredeemable ATYCLB.

October, on the other hand, should've been in the top five.

See, I'm quite glad that three of U2's four worst albums are still here. Those being HTDAAB, which at least can be saved through alternate tracklistings, RAH, which has a few awesome songs but absolutely no sense of being an album, and the utterly irredeemable ATYCLB.

October, on the other hand, should've been in the top five.

Then I guess we're the complete opposite of each other in music tastes.

ATYCLB yet again. Come on people! It's brilliance!

It has not a single song worthy of U2's top fifty tracks. Well, unless you're willing to count The Ground Beneath Her Feet. Hilarious that the best song U2 released in 2000 didn't even make the standard edition of the album.

It has not a single song worthy of U2's top fifty tracks. Well, unless you're willing to count The Ground Beneath Her Feet. Hilarious that the best song U2 released in 2000 didn't even make the standard edition of the album.

You talk like if your opinion was the right one. Write "IMO" once in a while doesn't kill.

Very Pitchfork of you, mister. :wink:

You talk like if your opinion was the right one. Write "IMO" once in a while doesn't kill.

Very Pitchfork of you, mister. :wink:

I've read this throughout so many survivors (with regards to Axver) that it brings a nostalgic mist to my eyes. :happy:

Axver fits the profile of a music critic they sit back and critique everything when they dont know much about anything.

I also will say this....the general profile of people that post in this forum does not represent the normal everyday U2 fan....especially the long time members, they wish that U2 never made it big and was a small indie-band that they could see in their local bar every Friday night.

I am glad U2 actually had the drive to get out of the clubs and the schools and move on to arenas and stadiums and never look back at the desparate few that yern for the good old days.

Its not a bad thing to have a #1 hit its not a bad thing to sell out stadiums and its not a bad thing to make accessable music as long as you feel fine about your own artistic integrity.

The new album from what I have heard will be more of a challenge for some people to listen to and that will be fine as well....different idea's different colours and guess what some people wont like it, thats a fact of life.

The funny thing however is if U2 wasnt as large as they were a lot of these people wouldnt have ever heard of them and wouldnt know what they are missing...so its a double edge sword.

In my opinion the top U2 albums are

Achtung Baby
Joshua Tree
POP
ATYCLB
Bomb
UF

But that is my opinion, but I think it also shows I listen to the tunes with an open mind and open ears, as these albums are very different from one another for the most part.

If it was up to the loud minority on this forum U2 should have retired a long time ago, I am glad they havent, as you can see the kind of excitement they are still able to generate.

I also will say this....the general profile of people that post in this forum does not represent the normal everyday U2 fan....especially the long time members, they wish that U2 never made it big and was a small indie-band that they could see in their local bar every Friday night.

I am glad U2 actually had the drive to get out of the clubs and the schools and move on to arenas and stadiums and never look back at the desparate few that yern for the good old days.

Last I heard, U2 were pretty huge when The Unforgettable Fire and The Joshua Tree came out. :shrug:

Oh, and the "good old days" were before quite a few of us were born (as U2 probably haven't played a school or club since at the very least 1983).

We know. :rolleyes:

And it's not A fact, it's YOUR opinion.

Good thing they were or you most likely wouldnt be here because if they kept out putting material out like Boy, October and War they wouldnt have lasted past 1985.

Although these are good albums they certainly arent great albums that have a long lasting impact on the music industry.

People were saying even back in the 80s U2 sold out when they recorded Joshua Tree because it was just too mainstream.

Its a bunch of crap.

Good thing they were or you most likely wouldnt be here because if they kept out putting material out like Boy, October and War they wouldnt have lasted past 1985.

Although these are good albums they certainly arent great albums that have a long lasting impact on the music industry.

People were saying even back in the 80s U2 sold out when they recorded Joshua Tree because it was just too mainstream.

Its a bunch of crap.

in your opinion.

I couldn't care less about October or ATYCLB. Both are near the bottom of the list for me. R&H is a mixed bag at best, and barely even counts as an album to me.

HTDAAB it is.

I enjoy October on any given day as much as I enjoy HTDAAB on another. Whatever the outcome in these just for fun polls won't change that. That's why I like U2 so much and they're my favorite band. :drool: :D
Whichever album "loses" here I'll feel bad about and think it didn't deserve it. :sad:
But anyways, I'm certainly glad U2 continued to evolve, of course.

Axver fits the profile of a music critic they sit back and critique everything when they dont know much about anything.

Its not a bad thing to have a #1 hit its not a bad thing to sell out stadiums and its not a bad thing to make accessable music as long as you feel fine about your own artistic integrity.

The new album from what I have heard will be more of a challenge for some people to listen to and that will be fine as well....different idea's different colours and guess what some people wont like it, thats a fact of life.

The funny thing however is if U2 wasnt as large as they were a lot of these people wouldnt have ever heard of them and wouldnt know what they are missing...so its a double edge sword.

I don't know about the Axver part. But I agree with you in the rest. I don't get why people have such a problem with a band being mainstream.

Its a bunch of crap.

:rolleyes:

Firstly:
How do you know they wouldn't have lasted past 1985?

Secondly:
When The Unforgettable Fire and The Joshua Tree are most of we 80s-U2-loving people's favourite albums, how can you say we wished they were "underground" and "playing in schools and clubs"?

Thirdly:
Saying those albums are "good" but "certainly not great" is an opinion, too. I guess in my "opinion," you're too hung up on opinions.

Fourthly:
If those first three albums didn't have a long lasting impact on the music industry, then neither have the most recent 4 (5 if you include Passengers). From the "average" U2 fan, I hear a lot more about Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Year's Day, and I Will Follow than I do about Lemon, Discotheque, Elevation, or All Because Of You.

:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom