Worst Album Survivor: Round VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your FAVOURITE album

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lay Lady Lay is indisputably a classic.

Agreed. One of my all time favourites.

Oh Mercy is just amazing. It makes me feel like I'm in another place... in another time :wink:

This album has been in a favourite in my house since I can remember. I've pretty much grown up listening to it. Amazing stuff. I could listen to Most of the Time forever.

If you like Oh Mercy, are you by any chance a Travelling Wilburys fan?

Oh, I've never heard them. :sad:
But now you made me want to.... :hmm:

Oh, I've never heard them. :sad:
But now you made me want to.... :hmm:

:ohmy: Never heard of them?! Boy are you in for a treat!

basically in the late 1980s, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, George Harrison, Roy Orbison and Jeffe Lynne all got together to mess around in Dylan's studio together. The music they made was so awesome that they decided to put an album together and release it, but under the fake name "The Travelling Wilburys" so no one would know who they were, and instead, judge them by the quality of the music, rather than the sizeable reputation of their combined names.

Its been out of print for a while, but it was just re-released a year or two ago. I'd suggest you definately get your hands on volume 1!!

^Wow...:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
Well, it's almost 7:00 AM and I really need to sleep but I'm already looking for a torrent to leave it downloading while I'm sleeping. Tomorrow will be a nice day...I'm downloading Bruce's Tracks too. :hmm:

EDIT: Just found it, first thing I'll hear when I wake up tomorrow.

October by a mile. No comparison here. Better yet with the remasters...

Do I need to add IMO before that sentence? :huh:

Do I need to add IMO before that sentence? :huh:

Yes, lest you be said to fit the profile of a music critic who sits back and critiques everything when they don't know much about anything.

See, I assume people are able to comprehend an opinion without me having to spell out to them that I am not trying to proclaim divinely ordained facts. But perhaps some people here are just dunces and would prefer that I assume they are too stupid to identify a post conveying personal opinions.

Axver fits the profile of a music critic they sit back and critique everything when they dont know much about anything.

I also will say this....the general profile of people that post in this forum does not represent the normal everyday U2 fan....especially the long time members, they wish that U2 never made it big and was a small indie-band that they could see in their local bar every Friday night.

Seems you fit the profile of people who make rash, baseless generalisations.

Its not a bad thing to have a #1 hit its not a bad thing to sell out stadiums and its not a bad thing to make accessable music as long as you feel fine about your own artistic integrity.

Yep, definitely fitting the profile. Who has said that having a #1 hit is a bad thing?

Seems you fit the profile of people who make rash, baseless generalisations.

Yep, definitely fitting the profile. Who has said that having a #1 hit is a bad thing?

God forbid, Ax, you're clearly not with a U2 fan at all, I mean, alternate tracklistings for Zooropa through to HTDAAB? Obviously you don't appreciate any of their 90s or 00s work at all. :doh:

God forbid, Ax, you're clearly not with a U2 fan at all, I mean, alternate tracklistings for Zooropa through to HTDAAB? Obviously you don't appreciate any of their 90s or 00s work at all. :doh:

Oh shit, now you tell me, just after I make an alternate tracklist for The Unforgettable Fire. Do I really hate my favourite album of all time?

Its funny to see that the 2 albums from this decade are amongst interferences's worst albums :lol:

The last time we ran this tournament was January/February 2005, and HTDAAB finished third in that edition, knocking UF down to fourth.

How times change.

Voted again for October.
It had to go before War but I don`t mind I would`ve voted War next.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

FUCK! i voted for HTDAAB!!! :angry::mad::down: I'm on autopilot and forgot to vote for my favourite. FUCK. Now i look like i value it above any other U2 album. Urgghhhhhhhh!!!! :doh:

FUCK! i voted for HTDAAB!!! :angry::mad::down: I'm on autopilot and forgot to vote for my favourite. FUCK. Now i look like i value it above any other U2 album. Urgghhhhhhhh!!!! :doh:

What do you want to vote for? One of the mods can change your vote.

really?? oh wow that'd be cool if that's okay thanks!
erm....I'd have to go with.........All That You Can't Leave Behind. I think that's the first time I've ever put that over October. My 12 year old self would be hanging his head in shame right now :wink:

The Bomb. Interesting to see how its popularity went to toilet after a couple of years. It was a big dilemma between that and October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom