Will U2 play New York on the third leg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

socalu2fan

I know this is trivial and some may see it as offensive but I am not trying to be but I'm just trying to give something else to think about. Do you guys think that U2 will play New York this time around and if so how will Bono change things in the song from the way they were before this disaster? I bet this could become a really emotional part of the concert. By the way, if I pissed anyone off with this I apologize ahead of time. Thanks.

Crap crap crap. I know this is probably one of the smaller problems in light of everything but now my parents won't let me get tickets for Baltimore. Grr. Keep praying

------------------
~*Mona*~
"Heaven on earth -- we need it now" -U2-

"Peace does not mean getting your way.
Your ugliness could be my beauty,
your ugliness could be me."

I wonder if they will even come for the third leg now?

------------------
We turn away to face the cold, enduring chill
As the day begs the night for mercy
Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars
Carved into stone on the face of the earth
The moon is up and over One Tree Hill

As long as no one is in danger, I don't think U2 will cancel. Cancelling regardless is sort of like letting these bastards get away with disrupting the country in the countless ways they intended to.

------------------
Because Love is big
And Love is tough
But Love is not what you're thinking of

My fanatical U2 webpage: Take Me Higher

I don't want them to come now. This may not be the end and it will only get worse. A large group of people at a concert by a band talking about peace has a big, huge red target on it. I don't want to have this act of terrorism take over me but if you were, if you were in the mob like I was sprinting down the street to avoid falling debris, you would realize how needlessly dangerous it would be to have the boys on tour in this country right now.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

I can understand that you feel that way becuase of your personal experience.. but you have to know that that is letting the terrorists win. THat's why they're called terrorists, they cause terror. The best thing to do is say to the terrorists "you know what? fuck you! you are big assholes and you did a rotten thing, but we're not gonna let you win by having the whole country lose hope and just die"

I understand that Skeek but there is a difference between going on with your life and putting yourself in an extremely vulnerable position. That's why sports events in the US are cancelled-- you can't fly anywhere and once you get there, how do you know its not going to happen again?

In essence, I would love to see U2 but what about their plane? What about their crew? Do you think the band would want to put their whole crew on a plane knowing that there are intelligence reports out there saying that this may not be the end? U2 isn't stupid. I would love to see the band again but put your own feelings about the band aside and realize that this is not just a simple act of terrorism.

I know I'm biased and I admit that but common sense would say that at this point, its best to sort out what exactly happened and go from there.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

I think the band (particularly Bono) would definetely want to. Remember, he wanted to go into the middle of Sarejevo while it was under full on attack in '93.

As per the original question... maybe they will swap New York with Peace on Earth.

of course they will come...the best way to deal with those tragic events is to save the most lives we can at the present moment, start rebuilding and put all of this behind, after grieving for the loved ones we have lost and finding the ones responsible for this...it may take a couple of months, but things will come back to normal, even though we will never forget.

Back
Top Bottom