Who Is The Biggest U2 Fan Here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2granny said:
1. Since 1982, 23 years
2. Five times on four different tours, War, UF, JT, Elevation
3. I have over 200 audio boots and about 25 video
4. Met the whole band once, Bono again last fall at a meet and
greet event.
5. I'm getting senile so I can't remember the new stuff but I'm
great at the old stuff.:wink:

granny, we'll show compassion for your senility based on your:
23 years
200 boots
meeting the band

however, you did not see zootv and popmart:scream:

*weighs tough decision*

U2SavesTheWorld said:
29 on PopMart

ok, there's gotta be a consolation prize for that factor alone.

U2SavesTheWorld said:
Best thread I've read in here in a loooong time. Congrats! Its about time we figured out who was the biggest fan!

:cute:

:wink: :sexywink:

1. How long you've been a fan. We're talkin years here.

1 year, 3 months

2. How many times you've seen them live. On multiple tours.

Never seen them.

3. How big is your bootleg/rarities collection? (Assuming everyone has all the offically released stuff; If you don't, please move on to www.coldplay.com).

I have 1 ZooTV show, 1 JT show, and 1 Elevation show...those are my only full length ones but I have probably 2 dozen random live tracks from other shows.

But then, I don't own all the officially released stuff. I don't own October, UABRS, WAIA, and my Pop, Zooropa, and R&H are burned from friends. :ohmy:

4. Have you ever met the band and if so how many times and for how long?

Never met them.

5. If a gun was put to your head how many lyrics could you recite word for word without pause?

Maybe a dozen...

I think I lose
:wink:

1. 1978, saw them in Cork, great show! Everyone was into the ramones back then and I remember my friends being pretty pissed off at their performance of 'glad to see you go' thanks to Bono's 'rollercoaster' vocal ability back then...
2. 228. Every tour, the fact I moved to America in 1983 was very helpful when they went on bigger tours. I have most of the ticket stubs in a box in the attic. Going to 9 Vertigo shows in the fall.
3. I have almost 200 shows on CD/Vinyl/MP3 and most of the studio demos/outtakes that everyone knows made it's way into the public 'ear'...
4. Met them after the Cork gig and a couple of times on the 'Boy' tour, just a handshake and a 'well done' each time.
5. I could recite each song one by one up until 'War'.

blahblahblah said:
1. 1978, saw them in Cork, great show! Everyone was into the ramones back then and I remember my friends being pretty pissed off at their performance of 'glad to see you go' thanks to Bono's 'rollercoaster' vocal ability back then...
2. 228. Every tour, the fact I moved to America in 1983 was very helpful when they went on bigger tours. I have most of the ticket stubs in a box in the attic. Going to 9 Vertigo shows in the fall.
3. I have almost 200 shows on CD/Vinyl/MP3 and most of the studio demos/outtakes that everyone knows made it's way into the public 'ear'...
4. Met them after the Cork gig and a couple of times on the 'Boy' tour, just a handshake and a 'well done' each time.
5. I could recite each song one by one up until 'War'.

I have to recount, but I think you are currently in the lead.

Okay okay okay I'd feel bad if I let that run on any longer, so I'll just admit now that that list is complete bollocks and my genuine one is below. The above one is kind of the 'ultimate' list we want isn't it?? :(

1. I'd say 12 years since hearing 'Zooropa' in the car when I was FIVE.
2. Once, Cardiff 29th June this year. Best show I've ever been to.
3. Around 50 'bootlegs' ranging from demos/unreleased tracks/concerts/etc.
4. Never.
5. Like above, could probably recite up until 'War' before sheer embarassment kicked in!

*I did believe you. :( *

Hmm what are the odds Adam actually got the gift I made for him. (heard he's into artsy stuff, so it's along those lines.)

VertigoGal said:
I actually believed you, too:madspit:

...228 shows...:lmao:

Haha, 228 shows indeed...I bet you there's SOMEONE out there who fits my fake description above who disastrously has NO access to the internet, therefore having no ability to come HERE...!!

Since Live Aid - 20 years
17 times
3. How big is your bootleg/rarities collection?
About 80 CDS & 30 DVDs
Bono & Edge twice and Paul McGuiness once.
5. If a gun was put to your head how many lyrics could you recite word for word without pause?
Word for word only a few.

5 or so.

Never. October 29th will be the first.

3. How big is your bootleg/rarities collection? (Assuming everyone has all the offically released stuff; If you don't, please move on to www.coldplay.com).

:mad: I just might go to coldplay.com.

Collection is not very big

Never.

A lot.

Guess I'm not the biggest fan.

JOFO said:

granny, we'll show compassion for your senility based on your:
23 years
200 boots
meeting the band

however, you did not see zootv and popmart:scream:

*weighs tough decision*

I was taking care of ill family members at those times. Even then, I did think about going.:reject:

I don't meet any of the critera. :( But it's a fun thread to read. :)

(I'd go off to Coldplay.com, but I don't really like Coldplay..... :sad: )

1. 22 years
2. 2 x JT shows, 1 x Lovetown, 2 x Zoo TV, 2 x Popmart, 1 x Elevation, 2 x Vertigo. (7 of these in Dublin)
3. About 100
4. Never met them
5. Don't know, I'd need the music going to help

blahblahblah said:

Haha, 228 shows indeed...I bet you there's SOMEONE out there who fits my fake description above who disastrously has NO access to the internet, therefore having no ability to come HERE...!!

anyone who's been to 228 shows probably can't afford internet access or a computer at all at this point.:wink:

I've been a fan since 1991, I was only 3 at the time, I can speak every U2 lyric - b-side, cover, outtake, if i listen to a live gig i can normally say what ever Bono says without being told what gig it is...

**AND** to win this competition...

When I was 5, we all wrote out our christmas lists in school...

The Vast majority of the class wanted batmans costumes and power ranger videos... da da da da... the teacher was pretty shocked when I asked for "Bono's Cowboy Hat, Bono's Sunglasses, Rattle & Hum The Movie Video"... and my parents, got me them :wink:

don`t want to win, can`t win,wish i was born few years before they started though...

1. 8 years
2. 1 x Popmart (reggio emillia), 1 x Elevation (vienna), 2 x Vertigo (vienna, katowice + probably barcelona)
3. never counted,wont now (approx. 20+)
4. Never met them
5. tough one, but at least lets say 30

i hope marusha adds her list hehe
kl

blahblahblah said:
Okay okay okay I'd feel bad if I let that run on any longer, so I'll just admit now that that list is complete bollocks and my genuine one is below. The above one is kind of the 'ultimate' list we want isn't it?? :(

1. I'd say 12 years since hearing 'Zooropa' in the car when I was FIVE.
2. Once, Cardiff 29th June this year. Best show I've ever been to.
3. Around 50 'bootlegs' ranging from demos/unreleased tracks/concerts/etc.
4. Never.
5. Like above, could probably recite up until 'War' before sheer embarassment kicked in!

:angry:

get in the back of the line!

neutral said:
Is there going to be a parade for the winner? :hyper:

after careful consideration, I've decided on a prize that is universal in its appeal, and is suited perfectly for the "winner"; (remember, there are no REAL losers....)

spam.jpg

:up:

I'm not wanting to prove I'm the better fan because I know there are others who are bigger than me. I've seen U2 5 times (3 Popmart and 2 Elevation), Met Bono and Edge and got their autographs and pictures, have all their albums, some singles, DVD's, bootlegs, 4 seven inch vinyl , R&H vinyl, and I listen to U2 95% of the time.

1)12 years.
2) Saw them four times live. Popmart, Elevation, Vertigo tours.
3) Before my collection was stolen, I had every single rare release, I had about 35 bootlegs, like live stuff and Salome Outtakes, etc.
4) I haven't met the band, but I've had a phone conversation with Edge, Morleigh, and Blue some years back.
5) And knowing that U2 has about 400 songs out there, I could probably recite about 300 songs with no problem.

Back
Top Bottom