who does not care much for, SLANE dvd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm SO excited for the Slane DVD - the boot and sneak preview were wonderful, but I :heart: this band so much maybe my opinion is skewed (haha but I dont think so). I'm glad to see this.

Blue Room said:
And if we are really dreaming, how about a DVD of the full uncut final Tempe show from Joshua Tree and/or the Dublin 89 New Years show!! Those would be my ultimate DVDs. Wont happen, but it is feasible as the footage does exist.

:drool: I'll dream right along with ya!! :love:

shaun vox said:
ZOOTV IS u2 at its best. BONO sounds very very good. they all look healthy and bono sounds very good. Slane 2 bono sounds all muddy and is not hitting thoes sharp notes and looks tired same with boston dvd. i know hes 42 but he needs to spend time on his singing and less on spending time with politicians.

Just because hes a singer doesnt mean hes condemned to a life of singing & not be allowed to do other things :der:

I am looking forward to it coming out but not that excited I wouldnt really mind one way or another if it was released

And if we are really dreaming, how about a DVD of the full uncut final Tempe show from Joshua Tree and/or the Dublin 89 New Years show

Good points. I'm not sure if WOWY, Bullet and Running were all done on the same night, but if they were (and it would have been the final show if they were), then that's three of the best renditions ever done of each song in one show.

Point Depot was done on several nights, and by no means was the New Year's show necessarily the best in each song's case.

shaun vox said:
in the eairly days bono did not spend all his time with politicians and solving world problems. so he perfected his vocals now he has no time for the band and music so he is just using any vocal he has to put a song out, where he should go in a room and work on his voice to get his voice back. bono has not lost his voice he is just not working on it thats all. listen to with or without you on elevation dvd what the hell happened to him.(i am not telling bono what to do, im just saying he should be doing:tongue: ) if bono gets his voice back on the next record and Tour man that would rock, if not:( :(

Bono's getting older, and he smokes :madspit: both of which are wearing his voice out. I agree, he should take better care of himself, or he's going to lose his voice altogether. :( I suppose Edge could do some more of the singing, but it wouldn't be U2 without Bono's voice.

I can't say I care that much about Bono's voice

technically speaking his singing during ZOO TV were nowhere near as impressive as his vocal performances late 80's
can't say I enjoyed it any less though
same goes for Elevation

Back
Top Bottom